FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

Ha Pcolo Feb 20, 18 11:04 am

Seat reclining
 

Originally Posted by lensman (Post 22179057)
What do you mean "has really been the last choice"?

I was very happy with 28D when I flew it in November FRA-EWR. Lots of legroom (but I am short) but, as noted, bulkhead so no underseat storage. It is "right" behind the lavs but this didn't seem to have the downsides I thought it would. Maybe that's because I'm losing my sense of smell as I get older?

Do these seats recline? Iím thinking of 28 D,E,F

764toHI Feb 20, 18 11:10 am

These seats recline, but I'm not a big fan of 28 DEF because other passengers will inadvertedly step on your feet to access lavatories on the other side of the aircraft.


Originally Posted by Ha Pcolo (Post 29438406)

Do these seats recline? Iím thinking of 28 D,E,F


IAH-OIL-TRASH Feb 20, 18 11:12 am


Originally Posted by Ha Pcolo (Post 29438406)

Do these seats recline? I’m thinking of 28 D,E,F

seatguru.com shows lav locations (and it's shown in wiki). Coach lavs are all lined up in front of row 28. Seats recline, but part of door might protrude into window seat foot areas. I would avoid 28 because you'll have people standing around there for the lavs.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b1985c7720.jpg

trout11 Feb 23, 18 8:49 am

I will be taking the 764 from EWR to HNL in the near future in economy with a party of four and had a few questions.

Seat guru does a misaligned window in Row 33. Is that accurate?

Given the choice of Row 25KL and 26KL or something in the rear cabin, say 30AB and 31AB or the same in 36&37 would your select the 25/26?

Thanks

zagat2 Feb 23, 18 9:32 am

Hi. Just used an upgrade to go LHR-EWR. Going solo, as of now no "D" seats are available. I booked 4L for privacy, but have noted that some say the windows up front have narrow footwell. Is 4 sufficiently back to get larger footwell, or do I need to go back even further? Thank you.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Feb 23, 18 10:36 am


Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29450080)
Hi. Just used an upgrade to go LHR-EWR. Going solo, as of now no "D" seats are available. I booked 4L for privacy, but have noted that some say the windows up front have narrow footwell. Is 4 sufficiently back to get larger footwell, or do I need to go back even further? Thank you.

There's is no difference the farther back you go.

simonoaks Mar 6, 18 7:03 pm

I am flying EWR - LHR 2nd april on the 2100 flight - have a GPU that looks likely to clear right now ( I am number one on the list). I ti s a 400ER. I am 6 foot 4, so would it be better if I switched to the flight 1 hr later which is a 767-300 - do these have more room for a tall person than the 400ER? thx

zagat2 Mar 7, 18 1:50 pm

I am traveling EWR-LHR on an 11 PM flight, so all I want to do is sleep. I am currently booked in coach, unable to upgrade. And right now there seem to be plenty of coach seats. If there's a likely chance I could stay in coach with a free seat next to me, is there any compelling reason to use cash to upgrade to Economy+ ? Would it be that much better on this aircraft for an overnight flight?

FTstudent Mar 7, 18 4:58 pm


Originally Posted by simonoaks (Post 29494017)
I am flying EWR - LHR 2nd april on the 2100 flight - have a GPU that looks likely to clear right now ( I am number one on the list). I ti s a 400ER. I am 6 foot 4, so would it be better if I switched to the flight 1 hr later which is a 767-300 - do these have more room for a tall person than the 400ER? thx

The -300 seat map shows version 1. The only up side to this seat is that it doesn't suffer from the cramped footwell of your other choice (assume no row #1 ). Everything else is a downgrade. So, you'd only want this one if your #1 goal is to board the plane and go to sleep. The BEST option for tall people is Row 1 in the 764. I'm 6' 3" and will get almost no sleep if I'm > row 1 on that plane. I'm not so sure your GPU odds are the same for both planes -- but that's a separate story.


Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29497012)
I am traveling EWR-LHR on an 11 PM flight, so all I want to do is sleep. I am currently booked in coach, unable to upgrade. And right now there seem to be plenty of coach seats. If there's a likely chance I could stay in coach with a free seat next to me, is there any compelling reason to use cash to upgrade to Economy+ ? Would it be that much better on this aircraft for an overnight flight?

There's no question there'd be less misery in E+

zagat2 Mar 8, 18 6:38 am


Originally Posted by FTstudent (Post 29497686)
The -300 seat map shows version 1. The only up side to this seat is that it doesn't suffer from the cramped footwell of your other choice (assume no row #1 ). Everything else is a downgrade. So, you'd only want this one if your #1 goal is to board the plane and go to sleep. The BEST option for tall people is Row 1 in the 764. I'm 6' 3" and will get almost no sleep if I'm > row 1 on that plane. I'm not so sure your GPU odds are the same for both planes -- but that's a separate story.


There's no question there'd be less misery in E+

Is there an advantage to buying E+ in advance, dollar-wise? I'd prefer to wait, if possible, so I can try to book a seat with no one next to me.... my flight is in one week. thoughts?

simonoaks Mar 8, 18 9:16 am


Originally Posted by FTstudent (Post 29497686)
The -300 seat map shows version 1. The only up side to this seat is that it doesn't suffer from the cramped footwell of your other choice (assume no row #1 ). Everything else is a downgrade. So, you'd only want this one if your #1 goal is to board the plane and go to sleep. The BEST option for tall people is Row 1 in the 764. I'm 6' 3" and will get almost no sleep if I'm > row 1 on that plane. I'm not so sure your GPU odds are the same for both planes -- but that's a separate story.


There's no question there'd be less misery in E+

OK, thanks, I will stick with the 400 then. I am number one on upgrade list and there a 3 seats available in row 1 . Would you say window side or isle side is best ( I have never flown on a lie flat before) thx. Also, I cannot sleep on planes anyway, I just like legroom and comfort , which is why I usually get exit row in E+. thx

WineCountryUA Mar 8, 18 12:16 pm


Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29499550)
Is there an advantage to buying E+ in advance, dollar-wise? I'd prefer to wait, if possible, so I can try to book a seat with no one next to me.... my flight is in one week. thoughts?

Waiting means you will have fewer choices to select from.

Trying to select a seat with an adjacent empty can many times turn into disappointment. While this sort of worked in the past, with most flights booking close to capacity, the number of empty seats on a flight can now be rather low (but there are those rare flights with empty seats).

So many things can happen, so seatmaps can be poor indicators. For domestic flights, Basic Economy passengers don't get seat assignments until the airport (or sometimes check-in). Standby passengers don't get seat assignments until the airport. A surprising number of passengers don't pick advance seat assignments. Irrops can dump a bunch of new passengers at the last minute.

In the case of E+, Silver elites can not pick E+ seat assignments until check-in, so the E+ seatmap can change after check-in.

findark Mar 8, 18 1:15 pm


Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29499550)
Is there an advantage to buying E+ in advance, dollar-wise? I'd prefer to wait, if possible, so I can try to book a seat with no one next to me.... my flight is in one week. thoughts?

No difference dollar-wise. However as WineCountryUA notes, it will affect your options and won't necessarily end well anyway. The best shot at an empty middle is to just book a seat with an occupied aisle/window such that you leave an "island" middle - these will be the last to get taken.

trout11 Mar 9, 18 2:12 pm

Seat guru shows a misaligned window at row 33. Are rows 31 & 32 normal window alignment?

zagat2 Mar 13, 18 3:57 pm

Question - I am flying on this aircraft Newark to London overnight in a few days. I couldn't find an upgrade, so I am in Economy. Right now there are over 100+ seats in coach, while E+ has limited availability and seems more crowded. So I am thinking I may stay in coach, hoping I can find a seat with an unoccupied seat next to it. Right now I am in Row 31 window. Is it better to be further back, or is this a good place? And do you think my strategy seems sound? It really does seem like there is a lot of inventory in economy.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:45 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.