Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 22, 19, 3:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seat map (39 lie flat/70E+/133E- configuration)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF
Print Wikipost

Old May 4, 15, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
FWIW - I flew 1A in Nov 2013 IAD-FCO on this aircraft. I purchased my ticket well in advance, about 7 months, when the seat map was completely empty. Right after purchasing, I had been watching the seat map nearly every other day prior to departure. Seat 1B had remained blocked even up until T-24, with all other seats being filled in and claimed by T-24. Around T-6, 1B opened on the UA mobile app seat map. Right before the door closed, the seat map went full on the app, and an off-duty plain clothed cabin crew member boarded and sat in 1B the entire way to FCO.
Old May 30, 15, 12:07 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Service in 6D

I sat in 6D last year and had the feeling that I was getting served near last during most courses. I had thought that the back rows were serviced by the middle galley so that service would be fast. But flight attendants seemed to be making their way from front to back and serving the right and left sides more promptly than the D seats. Was this normal or an anomaly? I'll be flying the 764 again later this year. I like the D seat generally but didn't like the late service.
Old Jun 30, 15, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY View Post
So if it is 3 of us traveling, in Business First (2 parents + 1 child). Do you recommend A,B + D or D + K, L? Just wondering what people thing about that one. Appreciate it.

Best,

PedroNY
Seems nobody answered your question, do you have answer after your trip? As I have the same question... Also the rows are not aligned based on the seat map, is 2D closer to 2K or 3K?
Old Jun 30, 15, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by presario1626 View Post
Seems nobody answered your question, do you have answer after your trip? As I have the same question... Also the rows are not aligned based on the seat map, is 2D closer to 2K or 3K?
The middle seats step out into the port side aisle, so you'd definitely want to pair with AB. As for row alignment I'm pretty sure it's off by about half a seat due to the closets (and one fewer seat) in the middle section.

If I recall correctly I think having the pair behind the single would be easier since 1) the single seat angles to port making it easier to look over ones should to speak, and 2) this will make it so the "B" seat is not blocking the line of sight between the A and D seats.

In other words: 2AB+1D, 3AB+2D, etc.

If that's not available I don't know whether 2DKL or 2D+3KL is better, there the alignment might be better with the latter while the angling would suggest the former.
Old Jul 4, 15, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wto605 View Post
Row 28 A/L have one downside: the slide protrudes from the exit door in front of you. While it isn't as bad as the 757 (due to being a bit further from the door) this is a large bulge that requires angling somewhat awkwardly. Personally I shy away from these seats, but if you're OK with the tradeoff there's plenty of leg room.
Appreciate your post, I was trying to decide if I wanted to move out of my E+ Aisle to 28A and this convinced me to stay where I am
Old Jul 6, 15, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I just had my first ride on the 767-400ER, in seat 1K. The light and noise from the galley was noticeable, even when the meal service was finished. While I appreciated the larger foot well, I think in the future I may go for a row further back.

And let's say I'm not impressed by the layout, especially the two lavs to the rear of the J cabin for use by 39 J pax plus crew.
Old Jul 17, 15, 1:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by wto605 View Post
IIRC 7D is crew rest, so 1B is probably just your standard blocked seat. I would expect it to open up at T-24, but cannot speak from recent experience.
1B opened up at the 24 hour mark on a recent HNL-EWR, no middle rows were available so grabbed it versus a seat in the back.
Now if only UA didn't play tricks and time the flight 10 minutes after the dinner cutoff time hehe
Old Jul 23, 15, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
1B opened up at the 24 hour mark on a recent HNL-EWR, no middle rows were available so grabbed it versus a seat in the back.
Now if only UA didn't play tricks and time the flight 10 minutes after the dinner cutoff time hehe
I'm taking this plane for EWL-HNL and HNL-EWR with my wife and 4-year old daughter.

Do you happen to know... row 28 DEF, does it have legroom enough for a child to play quietly on the floor? Or are these bulkhead seat overrated on this plane? I'm wondering if the ~$400 total upgrade for all three seats.

Also, what was the price to upgrade to first class for you at that 24 hour mark? (I'm a mile-less dreamer )
Old Jul 23, 15, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA
Row 28DEF is a standard bulkhead. I wouldn't say there is "extra" legroom. A small child might be able to sit on floor and use the seat cushion as a table, but they won't be able to do much other than that. It does give them a little extra room and I think it would be easier for adults to manage the child and not disrupt people in front of you.
Old Jul 23, 15, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by pbartp View Post
Row 28DEF is a standard bulkhead. I wouldn't say there is "extra" legroom. A small child might be able to sit on floor and use the seat cushion as a table, but they won't be able to do much other than that. It does give them a little extra room and I think it would be easier for adults to manage the child and not disrupt people in front of you.
Thanks! My last time flying with wife and daughter on this route was on HA51 JFK to HNL (A330); we snagged 11a and 11b which had SO much room. I'm guessing these wouldn't quite compare...
Old Jul 23, 15, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by wxguy View Post
I just had my first ride on the 767-400ER, in seat 1K. The light and noise from the galley was noticeable, even when the meal service was finished. While I appreciated the larger foot well, I think in the future I may go for a row further back.

And let's say I'm not impressed by the layout, especially the two lavs to the rear of the J cabin for use by 39 J pax plus crew.
I recently was in 1L and had a similar impression. I felt the FAs could have done a better job of keeping the curtain closed. That said getting served first is pretty nice, as is the flat area on top of the monitors where you can place extra stuff during the flight (pillow, blanket, etc.)
Old Jul 23, 15, 7:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
I recently was in 1L and had a similar impression. I felt the FAs could have done a better job of keeping the curtain closed. That said getting served first is pretty nice, as is the flat area on top of the monitors where you can place extra stuff during the flight (pillow, blanket, etc.)
I found that FA's use the shelf in row 1 as a staging/storage area for snacks/supplies on 764 and 787 flights.
Old Sep 4, 15, 8:42 am

flew on this bird for the first time yesterday when our 772 got swapped for a 764. I was in 16L, which is my favorite seat in Y+ on the pmco 777. I didn't have any issues with legroom (which was less than on the 772) but the proximity to the galley and BF lav was definitely a noticeable downgrade on the 764. The bait-switch was kind of a PITA
Old Nov 5, 15, 11:32 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Can anyone recommend where to sit for a better shot at a preferred meal choice when seated in J? I'm taking a 764 domestically and will be coming onto the flight with no time to grab real food beforehand, and would at least like my preferred meal choice.

Thanks!

Anyone know from experience that can help me with this? Thanks in advance..

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 5, 15 at 11:42 pm Reason: merging posts by same member
Old Nov 5, 15, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
Flying EWR-GVA in a few months - flying with my wife, so will be sitting on the side and not the middle seats. Would middle of the J cabin be best in terms of quiet / being able to get some sleep on the overnight?

Search this Thread