Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best Biz Class Seats - 767-300 or 767-400ER

Best Biz Class Seats - 767-300 or 767-400ER

Old May 19, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
And, for the day flight, I would probably opt for the 752. Fewer seats, fewer people, a little more personal service, AVOD that is pretty good, and a BF seat slightly wider than that on the reconfiged 764's and pmCO 772's.
Yes, but some travelers prefer the more spacious feeling of flying on a widebody.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Thanks, removed myself from 1D.

Just remembered, it's a daytime flight, so no worries about having a middle seat to myself. Like to look out the window, so went to 3L instead, I think.

EmailKid
Originally Posted by sbm12
A mistake, IMO, assuming you want to keep the middle/single seat.
Don't really need middle seat on daytime flight, and as I said, I like to peek out of the window once in a while.

Originally Posted by fly747first
Yes, but some travelers prefer the more spacious feeling of flying on a widebody.
Yes, even kettles

Passanger next to me on EWR-IAH 777 flight commented: this is a proper plane, not like the little one from Manchester.

I personally found the 757 to/from DUB just fine, thank you.

EmailKid
Old May 20, 2013, 3:25 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Six feet 185 here, and I did not find the 767 BF lie-flat all that and a bag of chips. I was in a K seat. Found it narrow, hard and the footwell was cramped. I'll be in a D seat in May, traveling sans TSMRSRNE sadly. I'm not expecting D to be any better than K, but I'll let you know.
The D seat was marginally better than K. Less cramped but just as hard. Nice being able to get out into either aisle.

RNE, loved Istanbul and surrounding areas! Seven days allowed time to do everything! Marvelous and madcap place!
Old May 21, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I am going to fly back from CDG to IAD next week, just cleared GPU, tried to score a seat on BF (767-300), all the middle aisle seats are taken, all the aisle seats are taken except 6K, all the window seats are available. Which seat should I pick? Thanks guys!
Old May 21, 2013, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by louchen67
I am going to fly back from CDG to IAD next week, just cleared GPU, tried to score a seat on BF (767-300), all the middle aisle seats are taken, all the aisle seats are taken except 6K, all the window seats are available. Which seat should I pick? Thanks guys!
1A
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:13 pm

best BF seat on three class 767?

Flying LHR-IAH late summer 2014 in BF. Which row/seat is best for solo flyer?
Originally selected 8k but after seeing its negative on seat guru, I'd like to change.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Flying LHR-IAH late summer 2014 in BF. Which row/seat is best for solo flyer?
Originally selected 8k but after seeing its negative on seat guru, I'd like to change.
There's a thread on this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tional-42.html
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:22 am

767-300

Originally Posted by Kacee
Reviewed that very long thread with 621 posts! To summarize comments there for 767-300 three class:
For sleeping on overnight flights, backward facing preferred.
For daylight flights, choose forward facing.
Best seats 6C,H but can't pick them until 24 hrs. before dep.
Undesirable seats 10J,K
Other than 6C,H choose mid BF cabin seats.
Alternating forward & backward rows limit somewhat privacy.

Upon just checking my flight, BF lie-flat seating is now shown on the 767-300 as all forward facing, with a single seat between the aisles. I selected 1D which hopefully is a good choice!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:54 pm

On a old 763 IAD-GRU next week in J. Do all the seats in row one have a bigger foot rest? Are they the only wide foot wells in the cabin? Any disadvantage to row 1 other than proximity to the galley?

Last edited by audio-nut; Sep 3, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by audio-nut
On a old 763 IAD-GRU next week in J. Do all the seats in row one have a bigger foot rest? Are they the only wide foot wells in the cabin?
You won't know which type you're on until 24-72 hours prior to departure. If you do get the old version yes, row 1 has larger footwells than any other seats in the cabin.
Any disadvantage to row 1 other than proximity to the galley?
Proximity to the lavs. And the ledge in front of seats is sometimes used as beverage/snack tray.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
You won't know which type you're on until 24-72 hours prior to departure. If you do get the old version yes, row 1 has larger footwells than any other seats in the cabin.
Thanks Kacee, I didn't know there was a shot at the new config. Are the footwells in row of that configuration more spacious too?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:36 am

Thanks Kacee, I didn't know there was a shot at the new config. Are the footwells in row of that configuration more spacious too?
It's a completely different seat. Footwell is not really an issue. But yes, they are larger in the bulkhead rows.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.