Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best Biz Class Seats - 767-300 or 767-400ER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Biz Class Seats - 767-300 or 767-400ER

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbm12
The 3-cabin 763s haven't changed at all and the 2-cabin 763s are the same seats/service as the 2-cabin sCo 764s. There is nothing sUA IPTE about them except the crew.
Did UA install the crappy sCO AVOD interface on the 2 cabin 763, or go with the superior sUA AVOD interface?

Originally Posted by JerseySlime
And, for the day flight, I would probably opt for the 752. Fewer seats, fewer people, a little more personal service, AVOD that is pretty good, and a BF seat slightly wider than that on the reconfiged 764's and pmCO 772's.
sUA for me. Better AVOD and FA's that don't go missing after meal service.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
Did UA install the crappy sCO AVOD interface on the 2 cabin 763, or go with the superior sUA AVOD interface?
It's the sCO product on the plane.

The sCO 787s have a new interface - it's not the sUA one, but it's a lot better than the normal sCO one.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
It's the sCO product on the plane.

The sCO 787s have a new interface - it's not the sUA one, but it's a lot better than the normal sCO one.
What, they can't bear to admit that something sUA had was better than what sCO had, so they continue to offer a substandard product???
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halls120
What, they can't bear to admit that something sUA had was better than what sCO had, so they continue to offer a substandard product???
I don't know if the hardware sCO uses can take the updated sUA interface. Or if it's some other compatibility issue. Or just a cost of certification issue.
Old May 16, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
And, for the day flight, I would probably opt for the 752. Fewer seats, fewer people, a little more personal service, AVOD that is pretty good, and a BF seat slightly wider than that on the reconfiged 764's and pmCO 772's.
I know we're talking about seats, but in the wintertime I would always opt for the 767 given the troubles UA has had with westbound TATL 757's running out of gas and needing to stop at Gander or Halifax on the longer 757 routes from CGD-IAD, Barcelona, etc.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
I am flying business first on the two-class 763 to CDG next week. Would like to change to something more comfortable for sleeping once I'm on board and then back to Paris-appropriate attire upon arrival.

Are the bathrooms on board large enough to change without contortion - or are they the standard, cramped lavs?
Old May 19, 2013, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
If you can get the middle isle seat on 764, and don't care about sCO ( lack of ) service, go for it - the seat ( design, positioning, isle access etc ) is better than on sUA planes, IMO.
Old May 19, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by burlax
If you can get the middle isle seat on 764, and don't care about sCO ( lack of ) service, go for it - the seat ( design, positioning, isle access etc ) is better than on sUA planes, IMO.
The middle BF seat on the 2-cabin 763 and 2-cabin 764 are the same.
Old May 19, 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by umustbjokim
I am flying business first on the two-class 763 to CDG next week. Would like to change to something more comfortable for sleeping once I'm on board and then back to Paris-appropriate attire upon arrival.

Are the bathrooms on board large enough to change without contortion - or are they the standard, cramped lavs?
Unless they replaced them during the refit, they are the same cramped lavs you remember.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
I don't know if the hardware sCO uses can take the updated sUA interface. Or if it's some other compatibility issue. Or just a cost of certification issue.
It's been reported in a different thread that sCO AVOD has hardware limitations and cannot get better picture.

My first flight on an updated 764 was a major disappointment - the nice screens had fuzzy pictures in Biz, not nearly as clear as sUA. Had no problem with either interface.

While my one and only trip on a 787 was in coach, I was rather impressed with screen and AVOD was more than adequate. Now my one and only flight on Thai's A380 in First with the giant monster screen OTOH .... (ya, my one off using UA miles ).

EmailKid, still mulling over which seat to choose for my Saturday TATL flight.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EmailKid
It's been reported in a different thread that sCO AVOD has hardware limitations and cannot get better picture.

My first flight on an updated 764 was a major disappointment - the nice screens had fuzzy pictures in Biz, not nearly as clear as sUA. Had no problem with either interface.

. . .
IME, sCO and sUA IFE in BF have the same hardware / screen, but use slightly different software / interface and have different libraries - there were a lot of older movies ( 80s and 90s ) on sCO.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:39 pm

My first flight on an updated 764 was a major disappointment - the nice screens had fuzzy pictures in Biz, not nearly as clear as sUA.

EmailKid, still mulling over which seat to choose for my Saturday TATL flight.
IME, sCO and sUA IFE in BF have the same hardware / screen, but use slightly different software / interface and have different libraries - there were a lot of older movies ( 80s and 90s ) on sCO.
As noted in the other thread, there IS a difference between how sharp sCO and sUA screens appear. sCO remind me of the early days when hotels would install digital TVs and would have crappy image because they were still using analog signal from cable/satellite.

Still accepting suggestions for best seat on 764 - decided on middle row, right now have first row. Any problems with noise / too much light on overnight flight?

EmailKid
Old May 19, 2013, 5:22 pm
Suspended

. . .
Still accepting suggestions for best seat on 764 - decided on middle row, right now have first row. Any problems with noise / too much light on overnight flight?

EmailKid
I wouldn't choose anything close to the galley - that's where sCO FAs chat ( when they're not snoozing ).

If conversations bother you, consider choosing a seat somewhere in the middle - not close to the galley and not close to the economy cabin.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:05 pm

If conversations bother you, consider choosing a seat somewhere in the middle - not close to the galley and not close to the economy cabin.
Thanks, removed myself from 1D.

Just remembered, it's a daytime flight, so no worries about having a middle seat to myself. Like to look out the window, so went to 3L instead, I think.

EmailKid
Old May 19, 2013, 7:54 pm

Thanks, removed myself from 1D.
A mistake, IMO, assuming you want to keep the middle/single seat. It is reasonably removed from the galley with the closet in the middle there and you get the extra foot-well space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.