Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I was affected as well yesterday. I tried to purchase a ticket, and I was unable able to do so. I tried deleting my card only to find an error message time and time again while trying to add the card back. Called the MP explorer card people, they said it’s not the card they approved the purchase and issue is with the airline. Called UA to confirm it was an issue that they are aware of ( they confirmed) also stated on the website but not clearly what was the issue. Finally, this morning it accepted the update to my card and I was able to make the purchase. The representative yesterday extended my reservation purchase time by one day to compensate for the issue. It was clearly a known issue
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:58 am

Tried 3 times to pay fees and taxes for an award flight but payment would not complete. Award is still on hold and my AmEx card has the fees and taxes as a pending charge 3 times!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
Apparently the issue with adding new cards has been resolved as I was able to add my AMEX as a stored form of payment this morning and use it.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I'm one of those people who check existing reservations at least once a day. I'm not sure why, I'm just that way.

Anyway, I have reservation for my wife and I in J for June FCO-IAD-DEN. I'm hoping to see the plane go to Polaris eventually before we fly (but if not, we'll stil enjoy it). Anyway, the seat map still shows our seat assignments for both flights, but shows no other seats available. This is true of the regular website, but not of the app, where I can still see seat availability. This is only true of this single reservation, and not for my other reservations. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC

The website tells you to download the latest app but the one pictured certainly isn't the latest app, which UA seems very proud of.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Issues this morning on the website and 1K line, can't issue tickets. I knew something was amiss when I tried 3 different CC's and none of them worked. Luckily not traveling today, but good luck to those who are and need to make changes.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Banner on the website now:

Didn't notice anything website performance specific on the travel notice page it links to...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:33 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by nevansm
Issues this morning on the website and 1K line, can't issue tickets. I knew something was amiss when I tried 3 different CC's and none of them worked. Luckily not traveling today, but good luck to those who are and need to make changes.
Bolding mine:

You're not alone

UA Credit Card Processing Down
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
United Website Issues

Has anyone had problems with the website? It seems like checking the remember me box DOES NOT work at all anymore. I get logged out after a few minutes no matter what. Also, I get the we dont recognize this device/security question thing at least once a day now. Its crazy annoying and a waste of time since I tend to use the website multiple times a day when booking work trips. (Safari 12.1 MacOS 10.13.6)

The logout issue seemed to start a little while back when the website changed. The security question stuff seems to be more recent in the past couple weeks maybe.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RoyMan
Has anyone had problems with the website? It seems like checking the remember me box DOES NOT work at all anymore. I get logged out after a few minutes no matter what. Also, I get the we dont recognize this device/security question thing at least once a day now. Its crazy annoying and a waste of time since I tend to use the website multiple times a day when booking work trips. (Safari 12.1 MacOS 10.13.6)

The logout issue seemed to start a little while back when the website changed. The security question stuff seems to be more recent in the past couple weeks maybe.
The 'remember me' functions use some cookie(s) to register your preference. This post from docbert in another thread might be helpful:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30543583-post741.html
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM

I haven't been able to load the site on Chrome all week. No problem on explorer (yuck). Weird errors when trying to edit flights. Routinely not receiving travel certificates for fare changes when making flight edits.

E
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It's been a little up and down and unpredictable for a week or so now. this will probably be merged with the uber thread on it. The IT hamsters have been running hard on their wheel.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist

Is anyone else seeing fare bucket inventory that doesn't make sense in expert mode?
I am consistently seeing things on about 30-50% of flights that I search where all or most of the inventory appears to be zeroed out, but it is still willing to sell me tickets into fare classes that appear to be zeroed out. I have actually bought tickets in these scenarios and haven't had any issues, so it appears to be more of display thing.

Here is an egregious example for 7/7 SAN-PHL which shows no inventory except in N, but is still willing to sell me a H, E flexible, or D ticket. This obviously makes it harder to search for things that I might be able to apply an RPU or watch to see if saver award space opens up on a particular flight. I recognize that expert mode is not always accurate, but this is really strange.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Interesting. I am not using ....... but maybe the new version of safari has some kind of blocking in it that causes this. I am going to send United an email about it so they are aware. Its pretty bad.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by asquare
Is anyone else seeing fare bucket inventory that doesn't make sense in expert mode?
Interesting! I came to this thread to post about exactly the same issue. I was wondering whether or not to actually post anything when I saw your post. But, yes, I am seeing exactly the same thing in searching for LAX-SAT flights next month. The fare bucket list is (presumably) properly populated on some itineraries but is zeroed out on others (notably the one that interests me most).

Interesting. I am not using ....... but maybe the new version of safari has some kind of blocking in it that causes this. I am going to send United an email about it so they are aware. Its pretty bad.
I'm seeing this on Firefox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.