Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Oh, I see what's going on. I don't click "Calendar Shop" -- instead I do a normal search and then manipulate the 7-day calendar into the month calendar. I can replicate your results -- if the result of the asynchronous query to update the award calendar returns no results, it seems like the error handling displays an error ("we could not find any seats") but does not update the calendar to be blank. I would recommend searching the other way, although technically the error would indicate there is zero award availability in either month on the nonstop route.
THANK YOU!

And thank you both for your patience. That's a much easier search. Still surprised there isn't a single economy award on 3 routes form now until EOC. Which makes me wonder if there is a bug/block going on.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by saaveraward
THANK YOU!

And thank you both for your patience. That's a much easier search. Still surprised there isn't a single economy award on 3 routes form now until EOC. Which makes me wonder if there is a bug/block going on.
You should try LHR-CHC ! I went through that website nonsense but gave up and paid in the end.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:28 pm
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
The issue with ANA award availability has been resolved. You should be able to once again book those on United.com or in the mobile app.

Doug
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Can't Load UA's Page With Safari

Firefox works fine. Anyone else having this problem? It's been going on for about a week.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Firefox works fine. Anyone else having this problem? It's been going on for about a week.
nope.

I use use safari and hasn’t been a problem for me to access the site or login. I haven’t completed a booking, but did purchase a farelock on Friday night, and did view my itineraries, etc. in the last couple of days.

Try clearing your cookies?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zombietooth
With Firefox, united.com fails to redirect, so I have to go to united.com/en/us. No problem with Chrome or Safari.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
Sent this to web support yesterday.
The main web page no longer shows My Trips after logging in. (And provided them the confirmation number).

Their response was:
Thank you for contacting United.com Web Support.
Please accept our apologies for the delay in this response.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
I have accessed and reviewed your MileagePlus account. I show your reservation, confirmation number xxxxx, in your MileagePlus account, under the current tab.
May we suggest trying to access your account via a different web browser to see if this resolves the issue.

What tab are they referring to?

I know how to get to it through Reservations, ......
I sent back a screenshot showing them my current reservations are not showinh in My Trips. No response.
This was in Chrome. I also tried IE with same result.
Attached Images  

Last edited by roxie; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Sadly it may well be the clear history, cookies, cache. rubbish in the yard, Belgians in the Congo, trick. rather tedious.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Web Site

Anyone else having trouble with the web site today?
Cant get into reservations to see receipts.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Looks like someone else (at the very least) has similar issues: Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues
(it's working fine here with Firefox)
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
No website problems here.
App issues at peak times are something else.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Thanks, will keep trying
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by roxie
Sent this to web support yesterday.
The main web page no longer shows My Trips after logging in. (And provided them the confirmation number).
I sent back a screenshot showing them my current reservations are not showinh in My Trips. No response.
This was in Chrome. I also tried IE with same result.
I have exactly the same issue as roxie for the last several days. I am using Firefox Quantum 65.0.2 and I also cleared the cache and cookies to no avail. I also tried Edge (which I never use so it has no cookies or history) and had identical results. My front United page shows no reservations under the 'My trips' tab, even though I have about 10 lined up. However if I go to the bottom of that sub-window, there is a link that says 'Find past or canceled flights with your MileagePlus number' and it sends me to the Manage Reservations page, with the past reservations tab pre-selected (which for me is the page https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...astCancel=true ) . From there, I can change to the 'current reservations' tab, and that still shows all my trips, or I can go directly to that page via https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...n/default.aspx .

The TripPlan functionality that I complained about several months ago in this thread is still broken, although there has now been some 'progress'; instead of sending you to the top of the United website, it now sends you to an 'error' page.

Rather strangely, I have discovered that when I login under my partner's account on the same computer, his reservations show up on the front page. So perhaps it is some glitch affecting certain accounts?

Last edited by under2100; Mar 15, 2019 at 12:28 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:08 am

Also, I just noticed that on the 'My Account' page, https://www.united.com/en/us/account , if I scroll to the bottom, all my upcoming trips are missing, so I think it's a United website issue, not my computer

My trips missing
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:30 am

My partner , who is hopefully flying from Heathrow this morning, reports the Check-in system is down at the airport. He says the queue is moving but slowly now at 8:45 GMT.

Last edited by BSAChris; Mar 15, 2019 at 2:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.