Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Trying to search calendar award availability and have been told by the .com support desk, non-stop partner awards can not be searched. What?

Checking " Show only nonstop flight availability " brings up the following message instantly:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

• We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements.
Shouldn't the calendar remove the dots and dashes which would then indicate no availability after the box is checked? The calendar does nothing visually and I know for fact awards are available.

What am I supposed to do? Run 100 EF alerts?

For clarification, this is for NZ space AKL-IAH/SFO/ORD
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I am able to use the calendar for search for NZ space... if there is nothing to route below the calendar you will see that message but the calendar still works (at least for me). What date and class are you looking for? NZ I space is very rare.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
What am I supposed to do? Run 100 EF alerts?
That would be a more proactive way of doing it.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by findark
I am able to use the calendar for search for NZ space... if there is nothing to route below the calendar you will see that message but the calendar still works (at least for me). What date and class are you looking for? NZ I space is very rare.
It's a unicorn award, I already know that but just to know that the calendar works, I'm looking for any Y or J until EOC on any of those 3 routes. It appears impossible to navigate that without clicking on every single day.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have no problem using the 30-day award calendar on those routes, although I do not see any X or I space based on my cursory search -- only UA metal options on the days that AKL-SFO operates.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:23 pm

I have no problem using the 30-day award calendar on those routes, although I do not see any X or I space based on my cursory search -- only UA metal options on the days that AKL-SFO operates.
correct. There is not inclusion of NZ inventory on that route.

if you try a route UA metal doesn't operate, you will get an error when you click nonstop. Unless NZ is blocking space from UA again, or UA won't book it like other partners currently.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess what I'm saying is that I am able to use the calendar to search e.g. AKL-ORD; I just don't find any award inventory. I know that NZ I space is extremely rare so it's absolutely plausible that there is none, and IIRC that is likely for X also.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I guess what I'm saying is that I am able to use the calendar to search e.g. AKL-ORD; I just don't find any award inventory. I know that NZ I space is extremely rare so it's absolutely plausible that there is none, and IIRC that is likely for X also.
Yes, while it may be difficult to tell the difference between "no inventory available" and "inventory blocked," they are conceptually different even though the end result is the same.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:30 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but how would you know that? Since selecting "non stop" does not change the calendar or remove the dashes or dots, you would have to click on every single false positive to verify, correct?

Unless you are taking the "error" for granted to supersede looking at the calendar.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is what I see. I can click the arrows on the calendar and it will load a new date range. It does not show any award availability, but I believe it is accurately indicating that UA does not see I space on NZ AKL-ORD (although as Kacee says you can't tell whether that's legitimate or a bug). Checking "with stops" gives me options on days where UA operates AKL-SFO, since I can fly that in JN.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:41 pm

Well now I know why you think I'm crazy. This is what I see and all the results are false positives.

You must have a different search path than I do because I can't replicate your result. I'm going in from the home page. Advanced search doesn't get your result either.

(No I'm not looking for business in April, just trying to get to your result page)

Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You must have a different search path than I do because I can't replicate your result. I'm going in from the home page. Advanced search doesn't get your result either.
It looks like perhaps you're still accessing an older version of the website search tool. My search result matches findark's. The most obvious difference is yours has a dialog box for "nonstop" flights; mine has one for "with stops."
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It looks like perhaps you're still accessing an older version of the website search tool. My search result matches findark's. The most obvious difference is yours has a dialog box for "nonstop" flights; mine has one for "with stops."
I have tried logged in, not logged in, friefox, chrome and cleared cookies and history. All on desktop.

Every search result format is the same which is why I called UA .com support which was no help.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:40 pm

I have tried logged in, not logged in, friefox, chrome and cleared cookies and history. All on desktop.
I still get an older version of the website sometimes (all the way back to the "classic" view occasionally). I've never been able to figure out why that happens.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well now I know why you think I'm crazy. This is what I see and all the results are false positives.

(No I'm not looking for business in April, just trying to get to your result page)
Oh, I see what's going on. I don't click "Calendar Shop" -- instead I do a normal search and then manipulate the 7-day calendar into the month calendar. I can replicate your results -- if the result of the asynchronous query to update the award calendar returns no results, it seems like the error handling displays an error ("we could not find any seats") but does not update the calendar to be blank. I would recommend searching the other way, although technically the error would indicate there is zero award availability in either month on the nonstop route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.