Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
After I click upgrade flights, there are two options: buy up or Miles; clicking the latter, I get the RPU or GPU options. However, the “continue” button is hidden. There is no way that I can complete this task. The other problem on the bottom of the picture is that some flights should be upgradable with RPU, such as HKG-GUM, but shown to be un-upgradable. Any similar recent experience? Thanks.

I'm having a similar issue with an itinerary I booked today. Did it eventually work for you?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Is there a bug on United.com?

I just went to book some flights for myself and spouse. After I chose the flights and went to identify who's flying, the drop-down box was blank. No one was listed as travelers I could choose from. So, I checked my profile, and yes, everyone is still there -- just not appearing as possible travelers when booking a flight. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Had you recently logged in with your passport? Often you appear to be logged in, but it's timed you out, and then all bets are off as to operability.

You could certainly call this a bug, but it's a broader one than your envisioning.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
actually, there are many upon many!

David
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
actually, there are many upon many!

David
I can hear carl sagan...........billions and billions
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
To paraphrase an old baseball joke:
They found a website in their bug.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I had logged in w/ my Mileage Plus credentials about 2 minutes before, so I don’t think that was the issue. I’ll watch this thread to see if anyone else has the problem.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Alex
I had logged in w/ my Mileage Plus credentials about 2 minutes before, so I don’t think that was the issue. I’ll watch this thread to see if anyone else has the problem.
SOP for weird united.com issue -- log out, close all browser windows, clear all united.com cookies and try again -- resolves 95+% (guesstimate) of the issues.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:17 pm

Just noticed with trips today, flight status is not updating instantaneously like it used to. I’m on my way home, and the flight I just got off of (off of which I just got?), UA1258, is still showing as “in flight.” Previously, as soon as I turned my cell phone on (while still taxiing off the runway), the status would say “landed” and it would change to “arrived” within a minute (at most) of arriving at the gate.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
"Learn More" Upgrade Tab Won't Work

I just went back in my account after a couple of weeks of not looking and I can't get the button to take me to upgrade options. Instead, it takes me to the old website version of my itinerary where there is no upgrade option.

Last edited by zombietooth; Feb 13, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:02 am
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
I just wanted folks to be aware, if you experience this problem:

Customers who are trying to change flights or make changes on current itineraries on both united.com and the mobile app are experiencing search errors. IT is working to fix the issue.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA Digital Insider
I just wanted folks to be aware, if you experience this problem:

Customers who are trying to change flights or make changes on current itineraries on both united.com and the mobile app are experiencing search errors. IT is working to fix the issue.
Thank you for the update.

Are you able to provide any updates on the inability to book Thai, TAP, and Singapore flights using United Award miles?
This is a major problem for travel to key areas not served by United...

It has been a month now...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...sq-gone-5.html
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
EDIT: Nevermind -- back up and running now...

Likely just me, but I can't get united.com to load at all at the moment. Other websites are loading without any issues...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:02 am
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
Just wanted to share that we have become aware of some issues with errors when trying to book award travel on All Nippon Airways (NH) using United.com or the mobile app. NH and UA are working to resolve the issue. In the interim, if you experience the error, please call in to book, as agents are able to book over the phone.

Doug
UA Digital Insider
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA Digital Insider
Just wanted to share that we have become aware of some issues with errors when trying to book award travel on All Nippon Airways (NH) using United.com or the mobile app. NH and UA are working to resolve the issue. In the interim, if you experience the error, please call in to book, as agents are able to book over the phone.

Doug
UA Digital Insider
Thanks for the update.

But perhaps you could clarify that UA is now blocking NH inventory from the website and app. And the phone agents cannot see NH inventory either. So it is only possible to check availability by searching in another program, such as Aeroplan.

Also, the phone agents have to call the help desk in order to actually ticket on NH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.