Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Is the app borked now, or just for me? I can no longer check in to flights via the app, have to go through mobile web.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Trying to change the return flight of a round trip (outbound leg already complete).

UA.com's math isn't quite adding up. Any else having issues? See screenshot:

Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Phantom Upgrade Inventory?

So I am currently WAITLISTED with an RPU for a flight in January: ATL-EWR-LAX (last leg on the new 787-10).

However, when I go into my itinerary, and look at upgrade options, it clearly offers me an Upgrade using either GPU/RPU, or Miles+Cash.

When I try to "purchase" with the RPU, it errors out. However, I did receive a confirmation on the Miles+Cash, yet itinerary does not reflect the upgrade.

I called WebSupport, but they didn't quite understand the issue and just kept repeating that I was on the waitlist and there were no confirmable upgrades (despite the website clearly showing their was).

This is probably just a glitch, but it's frustrating... and even when you try to tell Web Support it's probably a glitch, they don't seem to even comprehend why there's an issue since I am waitlisted. Ug.

Notice outbound flight says "Waitlist" but return, ATL-EWR-LAX does not, so presumably should confirm.

Allows me to click purchase, but then errors out.

I get to checkout page and when I click purchase, it errors out.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Unless there's PZ space it's a website bug.. there was one report of a sympathetic agent forcing PZ space for a pax, but I think that's a huge gift and would not be expectant. Worth calling to report the bug though.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:34 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by findark
Unless there's PZ space it's a website bug.. there was one report of a sympathetic agent forcing PZ space for a pax, but I think that's a huge gift and would not be expectant. Worth calling to report the bug though.
When they couldn't help me with the Upgrade, I tried to explain that it was a bug and they should report it. They still didn't seem to even understand that, and directed me to write customer service @ united.com/feedback.

And one of the reasons I was concerned, is that I have seen inventory quickly dwindle on this particular flight, which seems odd over a month out and for such a flight... and I am worried others ARE getting the upgrade while I'm in limbo on the waitlist.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
When they couldn't help me with the Upgrade, I tried to explain that it was a bug and they should report it. They still didn't seem to even understand that, and directed me to write customer service @ united.com/feedback.

And one of the reasons I was concerned, is that I have seen inventory quickly dwindle on this particular flight, which seems odd over a month out and for such a flight... and I am worried others ARE getting the upgrade while I'm in limbo on the waitlist.
I would guess the inventory is dwindling from actual sales. It is pretty common for J seats to sell in the days before departure. From the various reports here, it seems to be a bug in which the display doesn't know how to check inventory when it has a waitlist request already. The only way the second request actually clears though is with intervention to open space, and as you found agents aren't too likely to manually open space.

In another discussion of this topic, poster jessmack is reporting the bug has been fixed.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I would guess the inventory is dwindling from actual sales. It is pretty common for J seats to sell in the days before departure. From the various reports here, it seems to be a bug in which the display doesn't know how to check inventory when it has a waitlist request already. The only way the second request actually clears though is with intervention to open space, and as you found agents aren't too likely to manually open space.

In another discussion of this topic, poster jessmack is reporting the bug has been fixed.
Usually I would agree with you, but there were multiple seats gone within 24 hours or so, for a flight that is over a month out (not days)... that is why it seemed a little odd.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Down for searches? Every time I try and do a flight search I get :

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/ual/en/US/flight-search/book-a-flight/results/rev?" on this server.

I've seen this before but normally trying again in private browsing mode fixes it - not this time. Even not logged in gives the same result.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
Down for searches? Every time I try and do a flight search I get :Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/ual/en/US/flight-search/book-a-flight/results/rev?" on this server.

I've seen this before but normally trying again in private browsing mode fixes it - not this time. Even not logged in gives the same result.
Are you using a bookmark to your search? I think UA added some anti-scraping functions a while back. If you go to the home page first and then use your link, it should work.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:50 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Unable to check in for my flight back home on Firefox running on Linux. Would hang up after selecting my (stored) passport #

After three tries gave up, and it worked on UA app (Google flavor, not latest version, which my tablet apparently can't handle ).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember me ?

Does this do anything on the new site?

Checked or un-checked, I can't tell that it does.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Down for searches? Every time I try and do a flight search I get :

Access Denied

Observed this for the last couple of days too. Turning off the AdblockPlus extension on my browser on the site seems to fix it. Looks like united.com is trying to get smarter about trackers so they can violate users privacy more.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by fumje

Does this do anything on the new site?

Checked or un-checked, I can't tell that it does.
Yes, if you check it, it will (theoretically) populate your UA # at next session, so whoever uses the computer next will know the # and may be at liberty to try to hack your password.

Good at home as the number no longer populates like it used to when you enter the first letter.

Originally Posted by j8s8er

Observed this for the last couple of days too. Turning off the AdblockPlus extension on my browser on the site seems to fix it. Looks like united.com is trying to get smarter about trackers so they can violate users privacy more.
WN has been doing that for a long time.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 16, 2018 at 5:54 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yes, if you check it, it will (theoretically) populate your UA # at next session, so whoever uses the computer next will know the # and may be at liberty to try to hack your password.
It populates, but only shows the last 3 digits, the rest is starred out.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by diburning

It populates, but only shows the last 3 digits, the rest is starred out.
Well, that is certainly new, at least for me. Even on my home computer I never ask to remember me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.