Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Anybody else having issues with reservations? When looking for either a one way EWR-SFO or RT SFO-EWR for next week the system returns an error message:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

1. No flight schedule could be retrieved using your search criteria. Please use the form below to start a new search.
Same issue with BOS. Searching for a Monday or Tuesday SFO-EWR and a Thursday EWR-SFO.

Another data point: When I type in "sfo" the usual "full location" pops up and I click it in. When I type in "ewr" or "EWR" the system does not seem to recognize it. I have to type in "new york" and then the full location pops up for me to click.

Weird.

The app has no problems with it...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by jtet
Anybody else having issues with reservations? When looking for either a one way EWR-SFO or RT SFO-EWR for next week the system returns an error message:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

For some reason .bomb seems to have trouble recognizing SFO and / or DFW, even when typing it in and clicking on UA's dropdown menu that has both call letters and name

Then an hour later it all of sudden recognizes that yes, SFO really is an airport in San Francisco.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtet
Anybody else having issues with reservations? When looking for either a one way EWR-SFO or RT SFO-EWR for next week the system returns an error message:We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.
  1. No flight schedule could be retrieved using your search criteria. Please use the form below to start a new search.
Same issue with BOS. Searching for a Monday or Tuesday SFO-EWR and a Thursday EWR-SFO.

Another data point: When I type in "sfo" the usual "full location" pops up and I click it in. When I type in "ewr" or "EWR" the system does not seem to recognize it. I have to type in "new york" and then the full location pops up for me to click.

Weird.

The app has no problems with it...
Try using the advanced search (no need to add advanced criteria, just O/D + date from the advanced search page). It worked that way for me earlier today, anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hi fumje-

I tried both the new home page quick search and the advanced search. Several times.

In the FWIW category... It's working today.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Seat Assignements missing on website but shown on APP

My itinerary of four flights. 3 out of 4 flights were missing seat assignments although I had reserved seats at ticketing.

APP shows all seat assignments for all 4 flights.

My assigned seats are shown as occupied on the website

I don't want to lose my seat assignments. Anyone experienced the same issue?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I've had brief website glitches to this effect.. if your seat still shows as assigned through all reasonable channels, and at least one channel shows you in that seat, I would not worry about it. Are you able to re-assign yourself the correct seat on the website?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
My itinerary of four flights. 3 out of 4 flights were missing seat assignments although I had reserved seats at ticketing.

APP shows all seat assignments for all 4 flights.

My assigned seats are shown as occupied on the website

I don't want to lose my seat assignments. Anyone experienced the same issue?
I have had this before, same deal as you, rang the 1K desk and they confirmed that everything was as I had booked and that's the way it turned out to be. I think/hope all is well and it is just a website glitch.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Plat
Trying to log into the site today and all I get is the wheel of death spiral. Been going on all morning. Anyone else having any luck getting logged in via the website? App seems fine, I just prefer the website when I need to research flights.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by Lynnie_Bee
Trying to log into the site today and all I get is the wheel of death spiral. Been going on all morning. Anyone else having any luck getting logged in via the website? App seems fine, I just prefer the website when I need to research flights.
I am also having issues late morning and into the mid-afternoon EST. White screens instead of the home page using Chrome; waiting and waiting to load flight info using IE. I only want to change a flight in early January, so not an urgent matter, yet. It is frustrating.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:43 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Can't get upgrades to apply online right now. Had to call in for one on a mixed ticket (Y outbound, J return), and the agent took care of it.

Now trying another which is Y both ways, and .bomb still just bombs out with "Error" and suggests I call. Trying to use RPUs...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: 1K
Stopped working on Safari - just won't load.

Can't select seats online, but can on app

Have never successfully done a SDC on website

Applying RPU/GPU on website has never worked

Have to reload page to login, or else it just says "loading" (see image)

Autofill login icon (down arrow) impossible to see on Safari

... just ranting in case .bomb people are watching this thread.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zdog2x
Stopped working on Safari - just won't load.

The login doesn't load for me on multiple PCs until I hit the reload button for the webpage. It then properly loads and I can log in.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
Can't get upgrades to apply online right now. Had to call in for one on a mixed ticket (Y outbound, J return), and the agent took care of it.

Now trying another which is Y both ways, and .bomb still just bombs out with "Error" and suggests I call. Trying to use RPUs...
Went back in to try again today and saw the itin had confirmed 1 segment into J and had waitlisted the other. My RPU balance was not decremented.

Originally Posted by nycityny
The login doesn't load for me on multiple PCs until I hit the reload button for the webpage. It then properly loads and I can log in.
This one is annoying and happens to me all the time in Chrome and Firefox... I have to refresh the page every single time, or it just sits on "loading..." and never offers the sign in button. At least the fix is just to refresh, vs. the really annoying "clear all your UA cookies & re-enter your security questions" bug to be able to log in.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Help.... I think I brought UA's flight search engine down.

All of a sudden, I can't see any flights....no mileage award flights, no revenue flights. It doesn't matter if I'm signed it or not, Nada. I tried using Chrome instead of Safari. I deleted cookies, I tried with the app on my iPhone.. I've tried a bunch of common destinations like EWR-SFO, and EWR-LHR. I've tried a variety of dates. I was doing a lot of search for various award combinations...I must of overloaded UA's servers,...

I get the following message

• We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements. You may modify your search criteria, or call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) within the U.S. or Canada; elsewhere contact your local United Reservations Office.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:40 pm

United.com is not working for me either....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.