Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by Pat89339
When I searched using GPUs for upgrade, the entire Business cabin was grayed out on flights where R space wasn’t available, but would show when R space was available. Also, the column for the Business Fare was missing entirely. Sometimes I’ll split fares with a P purchase in one direction but use a GPU for the other if R is available. The only way to see the business seat map is to select business/first for your search. This is still happening tonight and it is making planning very difficult. Web support was not helpful at all.
Same thing with me. It makes it hard to search for paid J one way but an upgrade on the other leg. I wonder if it is intentional (since I don't think they like people maximizing their upgrades) or just tech incompetence/poor design.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Northwest, United
UA website currently shows zero award inventory between any two airports in the world, on all dates, in all cabins.

"We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements."

Now THAT'S a devaluation.

(Doesn't have anything to do with one's browser - tried multiple browsers on multiple computers).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
UA website currently shows zero award inventory between any two airports in the world, on all dates, in all cabins.

"We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements."

Now THAT'S a devaluation.

(Doesn't have anything to do with one's browser - tried multiple browsers on multiple computers).
I can see availability in all classes. Maybe it's just the airports you're looking at?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by gusd
I can see availability in all classes. Maybe it's just the airports you're looking at?
I was checking many routes - including 1 seat in coach from ORD to EWR next September, which I figured shouldn't be too difficult (just as a test). Whole system showed nothing on any route I tried, US, Europe, everywhere. Lemme try again...

Still seeing nothing to anywhere. Hmmm.

Ah - it looks like it's the "Advanced Search" page (which is what I always use) that's broken. The exact same search parameters using the main page yields normal results.

ETA: Actually, it looks like the "Flexible dates" option is what makes it fail..searches also fail if I use the "Caelendar Shop" option from the main page search. Pretty buggy...

Last edited by nwflyboy; Oct 10, 2018 at 11:43 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I was checking many routes - including 1 seat in coach from ORD to EWR next September, which I figured shouldn't be too difficult (just as a test). Whole system showed nothing on any route I tried, US, Europe, everywhere. Lemme try again...

Still seeing nothing to anywhere. Hmmm.

Ah - it looks like it's the "Advanced Search" page (which is what I always use) that's broken. The exact same search parameters using the main page yields normal results.

ETA: Actually, it looks like the "Flexible dates" option is what makes it fail..searches also fail if I use the "Caelendar Shop" option from the main page search. Pretty buggy...
Thank you for assuming United's User Acceptance Testing role...it is obvious they don't perform it.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
..... **I clear my cookies, ....:
This will force the security questions to be re-asked, UA uses a cookie to flag you have previously answered the questions.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This will force the security questions to be re-asked, UA uses a cookie to flag you have previously answered the questions.
I know that but that's not the issue I'm having as I'm already logged in-it's when I then click to view my account details, I'm asked to re-log in as opposed to having my account summary simply display
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think I just broke United.com. I've been using it for a few hours to piece together a complex award ticket (multi-city, three cities) and it was working fine until 20 minutes ago. Now whenever I search for a multi-city award I get a "this page encountered an error". The error happens on multiple browsers and whether I'm signed in or not.

While I'm sure "I" didn't break it, it is broken right now.

At the same time they just changed the MileagePlus activity web page to be a refreshed look again. So United is rolling out changes to its website before the Thursday rush is even over. Ridiculous.

My award ticket is for departure tomorrow. And I don't want to spend an hour on the phone with an agent trying to piecemeal this together so I guess I'll have to wait until they decide to fully bring the website back up.

-RM
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Yes, checking in for a flight last night it was behaving oddly with a mix of the old and the new, and the unexplained.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I think I just broke United.com. I've been using it for a few hours to piece together a complex award ticket (multi-city, three cities) and it was working fine until 20 minutes ago. Now whenever I search for a multi-city award I get a "this page encountered an error". The error happens on multiple browsers and whether I'm signed in or not.

While I'm sure "I" didn't break it, it is broken right now.

At the same time they just changed the MileagePlus activity web page to be a refreshed look again. So United is rolling out changes to its website before the Thursday rush is even over. Ridiculous.

My award ticket is for departure tomorrow. And I don't want to spend an hour on the phone with an agent trying to piecemeal this together so I guess I'll have to wait until they decide to fully bring the website back up.

-RM
I encountered the same issue last night -- and it's still there this morning.... Such a pain.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
At the same time they just changed the MileagePlus activity web page to be a refreshed look again.
They really have genii working there.

- click View [MileagePlus] Account
- new look MileagePlus account appears for 1 second
- page to log in reappears
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:01 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by narvik
They really have genii working there.

- click View [MileagePlus] Account
- new look MileagePlus account appears for 1 second
- page to log in reappears
Exactly what happens to me (see my post number 654 up thread)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Also seeing rampant errors here when searching for international award tickets. About 90% of my searches this morning end with “We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements,” and when the search does work on the very same route, space is abundant. Frustrating.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Bizarrely after booking one SFO-LAS and moving on to another SFO-LAS, united.com suddenly charging for exit row/E+ for GS guys... why
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Anyone else having issues with UA limiting the number of searches you can do? This has been happening for the past couple weeks when logged in and doing rapid searches for R availability. After the 4th or 5th search, I get an error (or access denied page) which causes me to go back to the homepage and start again.

Quite annoying. Attached is an example of the pop-up I've been getting.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.