Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
No-one knows, they are hiding behind "transitioning to a new system" so if you have anything you need to do it is best to call rather than hold your breath on a fix.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by lskohn
Two schedule changes on flights for which I have waitlisted for R space. Normally, the website displayed the flight twice when showing "View Current Reservation", once with Economy class shown, once with waitlisted R shown under "Waitlisted Flight Details". But after "accepting" the schedule changes...the R listing disappeared on both flights. Called and the agent said that she could still see the R waitlistings, but I sure couldn't, even after logging out and logging in again. For each affected flight, "View Current Reservation" page only showed me in Economy "Upgrade Requested" BUT E-mail summary page shows the flight twice, once as an economy booking, once as United First (R) booking. Most disturbing, my husband's separate record continued to show the "Waitlisted Flight Details" box.

Updated next morning with purported answer: I got connected to website support this morning. The answer: The website templates had changed since last I had checked the flights online a month ago or more. The "Waitlisted Flight Details" is the old template, which was still showing for my husband's even after logging out and logging in several times. On the new (current) template, the up-arrow and "Upgrade requested" indicator is used for CPUs and Award upgrades alike, as hovering over the up-arrow will indicate with a pop-up box. And after the website tech guy touched my husband's record, it too displays using the current template. I think we're okay.
I thought that the waitlisted segments only show if you click on print itinerary, and not on the main view reservation page. At least that’s the case with my itineraries, and they didn’t have schedule changes.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
No-one knows, they are hiding behind "transitioning to a new system" so if you have anything you need to do it is best to call rather than hold your breath on a fix.
Called in and of course the CS rep was very friendly and helpful - they usually are in my experience.

I did comment to her that I should be able to do this on-line but the website would not let me. She and I both agreed that we think the IT developers are ensuring there is job security for her (and her fellow CS reps).
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Find UA Fare rules

Learning my lesson about preserving fare rules at purchase since it is apparently impossible to find them afterwards to figure out change fare rules etc.

I just went to ticket and remembered to click on the fare rules link.

I got a series of nonresponsive screens. Aberration or norm?

[ATTACH]17-10-15 Second Response.pdf[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
17-10-15 First Reponse .pdf (42.0 KB, 40 views)
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by landrew
Learning my lesson about preserving fare rules at purchase since it is apparently impossible to find them afterwards to figure out change fare rules etc.

I just went to ticket and remembered to click on the fare rules link.

I got a series of nonresponsive screens. Aberration or norm?

[ATTACH]Attachment 41818[/ATTACH]
There is supposed to be a CAPTCHA between the text and the buttons for you to complete. Do you happen to block anything like that? I just tested, and it works fine for me.

You can find historical fare rules after purchase using EF or similar btw.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm trying to find the PNR for some upcoming LX segments that were ticketed as part of an 016-plated itinerary. I no longer see the "This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers" box when looking at the booking on united.com. Has something changed r is this functionality now broken or missing? Does anyone else still see this?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm trying to find the PNR for some upcoming LX segments that were ticketed as part of an 016-plated itinerary. I no longer see the "This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers" box when looking at the booking on united.com. Has something changed r is this functionality now broken or missing? Does anyone else still see this?
Try the UA PNR @LX or LH, works for me (and an award itin) and LX will then provide their PNR.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Try the UA PNR @LX or LH, works for me (and an award itin) and LX will then provide their PNR.
LX can't pull up the reservation with the UA PNR. It was able to do so with the full ticket number, though.

Interestingly, I've already flwn the utbound half of my trip. Ms. Xyzzy has not begun to travel yet Her reservation still shows this information.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Sorry, what are LX and LH?
And is there a glossary of FT acronyms somewhere so I won't have to ask stupid questions?

++++++++++++++
Know any way to retrieve fare rules after ticketing OTHER than Expert FLyer?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, what are LX and LH?
And is there a glossary of FT acronyms somewhere so I won't have to ask stupid questions?

++++++++++++++
Know any way to retrieve fare rules after ticketing OTHER than Expert FLyer?
LX is SWISS, and LH is Lufthansa.

At the bottom of every FT forum page is a link to the 'Glossary'.

However, for airline codes, the easiest way to de-reference is probably to just use Google and search 'LX airline', or 'LH airline'.

++++++++++++++
Sadly no reliable one. If the fare is still active, you can try replicating your search on ua dot com or matrix.itasoftware.com (much easier to read), but if the fare has expired or otherwise disappeared you are out of luck.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:16 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
And is there a glossary of FT acronyms somewhere so I won't have to ask stupid questions? ..
See the bottom of a FT page or in the Help menu -- Glossary

For airline or airport codes, google the code followed by the word airline or airport.

Additional for UA related acronyms, see "New" United Airlines Forum Glossary
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:51 am

Silly me, I thought maybe those L's were other useful sources of info about all of this esoterica!
Thanks for reminder about the glossary. I knew it must be somewhere, but finding anything by searching FT seems to me to be incredibly difficult.

So glad there are helpful experts who do not condescend!
(I participate in a similar service (Health Tap) giving free medical advice which could be something to get mentioned on FT, for travelers in distress, if appropriate.

Still looking for a source of info about fare basis rules for a past flight...other than EF
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Kimpton Inner Circle, Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Trouble Checking In on United.bomb or app

I have been trying to check in for my flight tomorrow evening and every time I do I get a message that says "we are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance."

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I've been getting an unusual number of errors on the website in the last week:
- Buying tickets, got an error I need to call in, but then purchase went through anyway.
- Picking seats, got the same error to call in, and seats didn't stick. Try again and they do.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There are many reasons you might get such an error. I recommend following their advice and just checking in at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.