Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Having same issue - kept getting error that I was using a pin for password. Did not work with Chrome browser but did with Firefox. Had to reset password again. Wound up clearing cookies then deleting Chrome and reinstalling. Seems to be working now.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by kingalien
Having same issue - kept getting error that I was using a pin for password. Did not work with Chrome browser but did with Firefox. Had to reset password again. Wound up clearing cookies then deleting Chrome and reinstalling. Seems to be working now.
I don't think you should have to do any of that. I'm convinced it's United's problem. It's ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops like this.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by zitsky
I don't think you should have to do any of that. I'm convinced it's United's problem. It's ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops like this.
+1
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
It's a day later and I'm locked ut yet again, same as before.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
This didn't used to be difficult !

Sorry if this is mentioned up thread somewhere.

I am trying to change a one way ticket PVR-IAH to a few days later.

I can't see how to do it on the app, finally get thru the password prance on the main website to get logged in, and find my reservation.

I check the ONE box (what flight would you like to change?) and the next page continues to tell me I need to select a flight.

After a half dozen attempts I came to the experts here at FT.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?

TIA
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
Sorry if this is mentioned up thread somewhere.

I am trying to change a one way ticket PVR-IAH to a few days later.
Revenue or award ticket? "Change Flights" within the reservation page of the site is a notorious mess, and the app doesn't have this functionality. Sorry to say you may be best off calling in to get it changed.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Revenue

Thx
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Anyone else seeing the below error when trying to use mystatus.united.com ?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Works OK for me
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Try clearing your cookies
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by zitsky
I have the same problem. Can logon to mobile but not PC web browser. Yes I've reset my password.

EDIT: Changed password again, have the same problem. Getting a weird error message. I'm not using a PIN or username or email. I'm using my Mileage Plus number ABC12345.

When I called website support to unlock my account, they were not exactly helpful. The woman sent me an email with a password reset link that didn't work. She almost immediately hung up the call. It was awkward.

I had the same issue last week and again today. Last week, I was not able to log in on the main page, but I could log in during the ticket purchase process. Today, I could not find any way to log in. I tried both Firefox and Safari before I got locked out and had to call web support. Based on the error message, you can tell that the problem is with United. Also, I have never had any problem accessing my account through my phone.

Last edited by McHugh; Jun 12, 2017 at 12:50 pm Reason: Edited for clarity
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Try clearing your cookies

Yep, that did it. Thanks!

Frustrating, as I cleared cache in Chrome but had to explicitly go into Ctrl+Shift+Del and delete cookies also.

I could also use every other part of the UA website logged in, just not the status page.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Was having award search troubles the past day or two where it would show fine in the initial search and then if I moved to a date on the calendar it would populate no flights/info and have the red error message at the top.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:27 pm

password no longer working on browser - ok with app

about 2 weeks ago, my password on united.com stopped working. it was "autosaved" so I know I didn't enter it wrong. I called UA web support, they sent me an email to reset it, and I was back online (chose a different password). but every time a password is required (after however long it logs you out), it would still say "the account information you entered is not valid. PINs are no longer accepted if you have upgraded your account security, and usernames and emails are currently not accepted. If you've forgotten any of your information, please use any of the links below for help."
1) I am not using a username, or PIN. I am using my MP # and password
2) If I reset the password (now I do it online), I am able to log in (and choose the same password), but as soon as the login expires and I try to re-login, I receive the same message as above. I have to keep re-setting the password.
3) It does not seem to be device or browser related. I receive the same message on my home PC (brand X windows 10), or work laptop (brand Y windows 7), on Chrome (which saves passwords), Firefox (which deletes history, passwords every time it closes/starts) and Edge.
so what gives? the app is not affected.
Web support is unable to help. I emailed 1Kvoice who said they'd look into it (still waiting). Am I the only one having this problem?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:34 am

My reset is not quite as bad.

Apple IOS using Chrome logs my account out within minutes even in mid-purchase and search.

Must re-enter the account number and full password each time because it will not accept the truncated user id saved.

On the second note - received an Apple update on the app on June 12th that requires re-entry of the password after a max time of one hour.

I looked for a way to set the app password for longer than one hour but cannot find it.

This would be okay if I were to swipe close the app but if I don't swipe it closed, I want to remain logged in.

I have not had a chance to send an inquiry to web support.

Last edited by MCOLAXHNL; Jun 13, 2017 at 4:37 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.