Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 14, 22, 4:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 17, 20, 7:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Intermittent
Server error
The Web page can’t be displayed because of an internal server error.
Repeating the request seems to work
Old Mar 17, 20, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Intermittent

Repeating the request seems to work
Not for me. Tried multiple browsers.
Old Mar 17, 20, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
While I can cancel an itin wholesale, I am unable to just make changes to it. Both the app and the website poop the proverbial bed.

Trip is a bit too far out for me to call in over, will see where we are closer to March 31.

Unprecedented times, indeed.
Old Mar 17, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Seems that the "cancel reservation" buttons on the website are broken, at least for me. Every other link seems to work, but clicking on the one to cancel does not do anything. Looks like I will need to call...
Old Mar 18, 20, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by big V View Post
While I can cancel an itin wholesale, I am unable to just make changes to it. Both the app and the website poop the proverbial bed.

Trip is a bit too far out for me to call in over, will see where we are closer to March 31.

Unprecedented times, indeed.
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
Seems that the "cancel reservation" buttons on the website are broken, at least for me. Every other link seems to work, but clicking on the one to cancel does not do anything. Looks like I will need to call...
Fix one thing, break another.
Old Oct 31, 20, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Apparently United.com no longer shows fare class (at least PZ) on reservations. It shows both CPU'd flights for this week as "United First ()" with "PZ" missing from the parenthesis.

-RM
Old Oct 31, 20, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Apparently United.com no longer shows fare class (at least PZ) on reservations. It shows both CPU'd flights for this week as "United First ()" with "PZ" missing from the parenthesis.

-RM
It seemsto nt be showing fare class for any reservations - even ones I am not upgraded on. It looks like this:

RobOnLI and VRFast like this.
Old Nov 1, 20, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
It seemsto nt be showing fare class for any reservations - even ones I am not upgraded on. It looks like this:

I noticed this ; a solution is to send the receipt to your email account, which shows the fare class of every segment.
Old Nov 2, 20, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I noticed this ; a solution is to send the receipt to your email account, which shows the fare class of every segment.
Good idea!

Being able to get an easily printable receipt without having to email it (because among other things that does nt always get sent to where you ask it to be sent) is another bug in the web site.
SPN Lifer and PanAmWT like this.
Old Nov 27, 20, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
I can't seem to change flights using ADVANCED SEARCH OPTIONS; it gives an error:
"We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details."
(There is NO message below.)

Also, even when in the ADVANCED SEARCH OPTIONS screen, there are no options for UPGRADES, for some reason.

It doesn't work, and behaves identical on the website as it does on the [Android] app.
Old Nov 27, 20, 1:32 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Radisson Gold
What I've noticed over the past months is weirdness in websites, things not working like they should, very slow navigating around. Hilton, for instance, won't load my info if I'm using Chrome. Nothing else concrete, just overall weirdness in travel sites. I suspect that the people who usually keep these little things under control (and there must be a million little bits that need adjustment on a website like Hilton's every week) are not able to give the usual amount of care due to the virus ... working from home, curtailed hours ... who knows?
Old Nov 27, 20, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by jsn55 View Post
What I've noticed over the past months is weirdness in websites, things not working like they should, very slow navigating around. Hilton, for instance, won't load my info if I'm using Chrome. Nothing else concrete, just overall weirdness in travel sites. I suspect that the people who usually keep these little things under control (and there must be a million little bits that need adjustment on a website like Hilton's every week) are not able to give the usual amount of care due to the virus ... working from home, curtailed hours ... who knows?
Or headcount reductions .
jsn55 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 20, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
...and now the ability to change seats during online check-in seems to have vanished.

It all looks completely different than how I remember the website and app looking from when I last flew, but at least back then it seemed to work.

And, apparently, for United it's difficult to count to three; here's flight 3 of 2:

ADDED:
I was able to change seats in the App during online check-in. It didn't work at the united.com website.
Old Jan 12, 21, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Popover issue?

When going to https://mystatus.united.com/ from my account, I initially see my 1K status and then the following image appears over the page:

Which is obviously the underlying graphic/image for the mystatus page (at least for me). Very odd behavior.

One question: anyone know where this is?

David
Old Jan 12, 21, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Popover issue?

When going to https://mystatus.united.com/ from my account, I initially see my 1K status and then the following image appears over the page:

img

Which is obviously the underlying graphic/image for the mystatus page (at least for me). Very odd behavior.

One question: anyone know where this is?

David
Not sure, and curious as well.

Here is a fuller image, in case the extra water helps anyone ID:

Search this Thread