Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Irazabul
I had to delete all my United cookies under the privacy settings and then it started working again.
i tried that and incognito mode, no luck.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
i tried that and incognito mode, no luck.
actually I deleted all cookies for all websites. Their may be another site that affects it. Not sure tho.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
Star alliance upgrade request broken
Is it just me?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Working fine for me on Safari.
malgudi likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Irazabul
actually I deleted all cookies for all websites. Their may be another site that affects it. Not sure tho.
I tried this, worked for one search, then back to white screen. Looking at the JavaScript console, there are some variables that the code is looking for that are empty causing the javascript to fail, leading to the white screen. Either way, United needs to fix their website.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by IADdelayed
Working fine for me on Safari.
I still get the white screen on Safari as well. Also Edge.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Searching for award one-way in business, but no business column appears in the results. Just econ and prem econ. Website.
Tried multiple city pairs / dates.

Anyone else having issues?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Searching for award one-way in business, but no business column appears in the results. Just econ and prem econ. Website.
Tried multiple city pairs / dates.

Anyone else having issues?
Funny enough I also had this problem looking for awards SJU-TYO. Could only get Premium Economy flights to price. Reported here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35443108-post2684.html
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
Funny enough I also had this problem looking for awards SJU-TYO. Could only get Premium Economy flights to price. Reported here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35443108-post2684.html
Interesting. Did it resolve itself for you? Able to search correctly now?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Interesting. Did it resolve itself for you? Able to search correctly now?
This particular route is still broken for me in both the regular and the old search, but other more traditional routes from the US work.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 3:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Something like this is reported every so often (once a year?) for cash fares. At the start of search, are you selecting Business / First? Try selecting economy, Business / first will still show (but Refundable Business/First will not for cash fares)

Cannot book Business / First fare "Not Available" (inventory exists) very frustrating
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After being pretty stable for weeks, I am now having to re-select Expert Mode multiple times daily over the past couple days. Ugh!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
After being pretty stable for weeks, I am now having to re-select Expert Mode multiple times daily over the past couple days. Ugh!
Have you purchased tickets recently? I've found that after making sure to deselect the pre-checked "Update your MP account with this information" box for each passenger during the ticket purchase process I've n🥰t had expert mode go away.
SPN Lifer and leftysauce like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA has never been good with this ... but how on earth are they coming up with this math

Xyzzy and leftysauce like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Have you purchased tickets recently? I've found that after making sure to deselect the pre-checked "Update your MP account with this information" box for each passenger during the ticket purchase process I've n🥰t had expert mode go away.
Interesting. Yes, have been buying numerous tickets over the past couple days. Will keep this in mind and try it out.
Thanks.
Xyzzy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.