Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
"United data service are not currently available"

Been trying to look at the upgrade lists for nearly 30 minutes.
dorisrpas likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

Apparently united.com already knows that my LH F flight 1/2/23 will be delayed Hilarious
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Have we talked about the interactive route map on here before?

https://www.united.com/en/us/destination-map

Before and since the IT "upgrade" it's completely unreliable to determine where UA flies nonstop (which is my entire purpose for using it). Enter a home airport and click on "refine search" to filter only Non-Stop destinations. When you're zoomed OUT on the map, it doesn't show nearly all the destinations. As you zoom IN on the map to any particular US region, it shows numerous destinations that are NOT nonstop destinations. At least that's how it is from my home airport EWR.

It appears the only way this map could be useful is if you had $XXX to spend and wanted to see where you could go -- and in that case you should use Google Flights or Kayak Explore whose filters actually work 90%+ of the time, in my experience.

It's crazy to me that this tool is so flawed, when it seems to be such an important piece of information.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by threecap
Have we talked about the interactive route map on here before?

https://www.united.com/en/us/destination-map

Before and since the IT "upgrade" it's completely unreliable to determine where UA flies nonstop (which is my entire purpose for using it). Enter a home airport and click on "refine search" to filter only Non-Stop destinations. When you're zoomed OUT on the map, it doesn't show nearly all the destinations. As you zoom IN on the map to any particular US region, it shows numerous destinations that are NOT nonstop destinations. At least that's how it is from my home airport EWR.

It appears the only way this map could be useful is if you had $XXX to spend and wanted to see where you could go -- and in that case you should use Google Flights or Kayak Explore whose filters actually work 90%+ of the time, in my experience.

It's crazy to me that this tool is so flawed, when it seems to be such an important piece of information.
And then the other problem is that the website and app then try to keep pushing any route that you picked for weeks and months going forward. Sheesh.

David
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
"Oh, we do apologize for your inconvenience. Our IT department is short-staffed right now. The pandemic, you know". Just how long is this excuse going to last for every company in America?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Something new: depart 10 min early

I checked “where is the aircraft from” and found that this EWR-RIC flight would depart 10 min early this evening. You can see that it will arrive 10 min early, too!

Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by jsn55
"Oh, we do apologize for your inconvenience. Our IT department is short-staffed right now. The pandemic, you know". Just how long is this excuse going to last for every company in America?
Trying not to go off-topic, but this issue is real. Employers are having a terrible time retaining talent, people get new jobs and bail the instant something else comes along. It's rough.
SPN Lifer and threecap like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by xenophile
Had a rather unsettling thing happen this morning. Got to airport opened app, and there's no option to show or pull up my boarding pass. In fact it appears the flight has already left. It doesn't show as my next flight. Even my connection is gone. The next flight showing if for my return trip in six days. I go to gate and ask agent to print boarding pass. He says the printer is out of paper and he doesn't have the keys to reload it, haha! I ask about the self-service kiosks and he says "oh those have never worked."
I had a similar experience at about the same time. No BP in the app, and the flight disappeared from my itinerary. I was worried that somehow my reservation has been canceled, but I was able to print my BP at a kiosk. Close to boarding, the BP came back in the app. I'll start saving BP screenshots in the future just in case.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Is it just me, or is the website getting so slow to the point of unusable?

I am trying to use the website on my laptop (MacBook Pro) and a Windows-based desktop - and it just seems to slow every step of the way - entering my password, selecting dates, cities, etc for basic searches

almost seems like google flights is the way to go for searching.......
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:27 pm

no problems on Mac book pro/ desktop Mac/and iPad. use very day
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Maybe just you. I just logged in - did a flight search - all with near instant response time.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Award searches have been very slow for me- take about a minute to return any results- everything else is ok.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mfirst
I am trying to use the website on my laptop (MacBook Pro) and a Windows-based desktop - and it just seems to slow every step of the way - entering my password, selecting dates, cities, etc for basic searches

almost seems like google flights is the way to go for searching.......
This has been my experience too. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro...plenty fast and other websites function fast. I really don't think it is my computer.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Maybe just you. I just logged in - did a flight search - all with near instant response time.
second this. not only fast but was WOW fast. maybe your browser/cache/adware is slowing you down?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Agreed. It's just you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.