Search

mixed class itinerary for two on one PNR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
mixed class itinerary for two on one PNR

Hi all,

I hope someone will have insight on this. I am 1K and my wife is not, and she doesn't travel much. I am planning a trip BOS-SJU for us this winter. The fares for business class on this route are reasonable, but I can only afford one P-fare ticket. Is it possible for me to do something like this:

1. Book tickets for both me and my wife on one PNR
2. I book my side of ticket on Business class so I can get the fare class bonus (and obviously, have the Missus sit in the front ) .
3. I book my wife's side of ticket in Economy, and if she is on my PNR, select E+ seats for free - and I sit in E+.

Is it possible to do something like that? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
No, but I would book yourself into economy plus and her into P-Class (even if you take the seat). You'll likely get the upgrade anyway on yours.

If you need the miles for status requal, I would book two economy class tickets, assign good E+ seats, split the record, cancel hers, and rebook you into P-Class. Her seat should stick.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! So if I split the PNR and cancel mine, her E+ seat will stick? or get cancelled at the "Shares Sweep" or whatever it is..?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ksingh0311
Thanks! So if I split the PNR and cancel mine, her E+ seat will stick? or get cancelled at the "Shares Sweep" or whatever it is..?
No, she should not lose her seat and you can call back if she does. I think the most important thing is to get her at least initially assigned in E+ because the system will see that.

But BOS-SJU is not a ton of points--doesn't it make more sense to book her into P and you score the CPU?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Actually it is if I connect through IAH, that will get me 11000 miles. In any case I think your suggestions are very helpful, and I enjoy reading your blog very much. Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.