Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA's generic Report lost items

Since some "Lost and Found" are operated by the airport operator, check the airport's official website for contact information
Print Wikipost

UAL Lost and Found?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
UAL Lost and Found?

Left my headphones on flight 1680 phx-iah yesterday

How can I be such an idiot. I've been traveling with them for years and even remember pulling them out at landing but I ended up leaving them in the seat. I did have my business card in the case, but that probably doesn't mean much. I know 99% they are gone but is there a lost and found at IAH I can call or check at? I'll be back there today headed home.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by enviroian
Left my headphones on flight 1680 phx-iah yesterday

How can I be such an idiot. I've been traveling with them for years and even remember pulling them out at landing but I ended up leaving them in the seat. I did have my business card in the case, but that probably doesn't mean much. I know 99% they are gone but is there a lost and found at IAH I can call or check at? I'll be back there today headed home.
mr kk did exactly the same thing--with his business card in the case--and that was the last we ever heard of them, so i wouldn't hold out much hope.

that said, from the IAH website:

If item was lost on flight or near ticket counter or gate are contact your Airline (Continental: 1-800-335-2247).

good luck.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by karenkay
mr kk did exactly the same thing--with his business card in the case--and that was the last we ever heard of them, so i wouldn't hold out much hope.

that said, from the IAH website:

If item was lost on flight or near ticket counter or gate are contact your Airline (Continental: 1-800-335-2247).

good luck.
Thanks. I'll give them a call.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I just did this same thing a few weeks ago in Chicago (connecting from Frankfurt). I had my business card in the case and the pilot ended up finding them and meeting me in the RCC. I'm not sure how he found them but this was incredibly nice of him.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
I left my QC2's on a LIH-LAX flight in Feb and I haven't heard anything either. I had my business card in there also.

I filled out the lost article form on united.com, I filed a report with LAX lost and found.... nothing

I had those QC'2 for 8 years and I just replaced the ear cups before that trip. If I left the old ratty ear cups on there someone may have called me back.

Good luck and hope yours make it back!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
I've also left my QC2 on a flight and that was it. But good luck!

Worse was when I left my MacBook Air in the magazine rack of a flatbed BusinessFirst 757 doing LIS-EWR. I only realized it when I was almost at immigration. I walked all the way back to the plane completely ignoring all the signs stating that I couldn't do that. Fortunately, nobody tackled me.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by enviroian
I know 99% they are gone.
More like 100%. But take this as an opportunity to buy yourself a pair of Bose QC15 headphones. Better noise cancellation and lighter on the ears. And get 3 United miles per dollar spent at Bose at www.mileageplusshopping.com/me____.htm?mids=2992.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Lost a book that is out of print a few weeks ago CLT-IAD. By time I noticed I left it on the plane it had departed for RDU. So I called RDU (before the plane landed) and told them where the book was, what flight it was on............and poof no book.

It happens, and stinks when it does.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
My wife lost a Kindle Fire in Jan. Realized it as she was coming through immigration. UA tried to help..... but alas, long gone.

I really don't want to blame the cleaners...... but, I guess they view it as part of their compensation package.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Only one effective way w. UA

Use the Website form. Just because OP left at IAH doesn't mean that the headphones were found at IAH or that they weren't thrown in the trash or kept by a cleaner. But, if they were turned in by a FA or cleaning crew, they would be labeled by aircraft.

It's a 1% chance that they were turned in, but using the lost carry-on item form is the best way to maximize chances.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I had mine returned once

But it was an ANA flight.

The good news is that you can pick up some Audio Technicas which are better than Bose for less than half the price .
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Probably Gone

To add to the chorus of idiots...I did this too, one.

I was comfortably seated in first, waiting out a weather hold (YVR-SFO) when I realized that we were going to misconnect to the last flight out of SFO and be stranded at 1am. We left the plane in a hurry to get a hotel in Vancouver and leave the next morning. Only at the hotel did I realize my mistake. I called, filled out web forms, etc. No luck. Bummed.

I have since been much more vigilant!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
did same thing a few weeks ago. no biz card (is now), but called and let them know flt number and seat. they called and sent them back...was happier that my error was rectified so my wife couldn't beat me with the dummy hammer anymore...(ok..so she did a bit)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
I left a camera on an Hawaiian Air flight last November, dropped on floor apparently. I called their number in Maui and was given a number for the Big Island since the flight had already gone back.

I was told they had found the camera in Maui but sent it back to Kona. A nice lady in Kona instructed me what to do (open a FedEX account and call back with account number) and within two days my camera was delivered to the hotel in Maui where we were.

Sometimes the better instincts in man prevail. Interestingly, one picture had been taken of a non-descript baggage tug. I guess they tested to make sure it wasn't a you-know-what.

So, keep the faith!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by hobo13
I guess they view it as part of their compensation package.
+1. Once left behind Bose (in IAH) with my telephone number and OnePass number both stickered on the headset AND the string bag. No return...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.