Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA's generic Report lost items

Since some "Lost and Found" are operated by the airport operator, check the airport's official website for contact information
Print Wikipost

UAL Lost and Found?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

A while back we left a carry-on curbside at JFK. No way to contact lost and found (AA) via phone. I had to be at JFK a few days later and decided to drop into the lost and found and I noticed the bag as soon as I walked in. It even had a phone number on the label but they claimed they tried once and nobody picked up. While a camera is different - I would not be surprised if it is just lying there.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I have a NFC tracking tag (normally used for luggage) clipped on my DLSR. Not only is it a good way to assist in the recovery of misplaced / lost items the tag clinks as the camera is moved around. Bringing a newer phone near it will send me and the phone's owner a 'I've been found message' It works! I've received messages while sitting in a lounge from the next person down the bar.

Last edited by Dublin_rfk; Jan 16, 2018 at 2:19 pm Reason: corrections
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
These work pretty well for putting your contact information on high value items that might be misplaced.

https://idmystuff.com/
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:41 am

Stopped by Ewr for you

just had the team leader at terminal C carousel 6 look in lost and found and sorry at this time no camera. I gave him info you posted above. Possible still could be found since he doesn't have access to their lock closet. I am coming back to Newark Saturday and they have my contact info if in locked closet and located sooner. Sorry
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:35 am

I sent you a PM, CAT.

Thanks a ton for doing this. I really appreciate it.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:13 am

BTW, United called and said my camera has been located. phew!
CodeAdam10 and ajGoes like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:33 am

You are welcome

Glad it all worked out and soon you will have the camera back with you
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Flying EWR-SAN the other week in F, the FA didn't come around to take coats for the closet (middle of winter) and I was the only one who asked him to take mine. Needless to say coats weren't returned before landing and I only remembered at the baggage claim. Walked up to the ticket counter where they radioed to the gate. They had my jacket and "several tablets" from the flight and were already bringing them to the baggage desk. ^ Great job from the nice UA ground staff at SAN. I see lots of people misplace their iPads on this forum, but I didn't realize quite how many on a given flight.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 am

My wife left her ipad on an Air Asia flight from BKK-TYO. The plane returned to Bangkok with the ipad a few hours later. We called Air Asia and they flew it back to TYO a week later and hand delivered it to friend who lives there. Quite good service for a low cost airline.

I left a laptop on A Druk Air flight to Paro. The airport manager deliver it later that day to my hotel. On the way out I left a bag with camera in the Paro departure lounge. it was delivered to the Druk Air office in Kathmandu two days later where I picked it up.

So these things can come to a happy ending. Or maybe it is just me.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:55 pm

Lost iPad 4 3/24/18

I left my company iPad 4 on UA4662 from Dayton OH to Denver CO. Tried to use find my iPhone to no avail. I won't be able to go back to the airport until 3/31. I didn't realise I had left it until today, and filled out a lost item form as soon as I did. Is there anything else I can do? I can't get any help from calling UA's customer service or baggage numbers. Kind of freaking out, I don't want to deal with the fallout of telling my bosses I lost it if at all possible. Thanks.

I should mention that I will have 2 people flying through DIA later this week, they may be able stop by and ask about it if that helps.
​​​​
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's not necessarily at DEN. Depending on where you left the iPad, it might not be found until the aircraft is cleaned overnight wherever that may be. If you can track that location down, it might be there.

The best you can do is the form and consider having one of your people head over to DEN and see if they can't enlist some help.

Can it be remotely wiped? If it is company property and has proprietary data on it, you might want to consider that it will cause a lot more consternation that you didn't report the loss than that you lost it.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA P1K, MR Plat
Managed to lose my DL travelling SAT-IAH-PIT on United yesterday, somewhere between TSA in SAT and rental car facility in PIT. Hoping that my chances of getting it back are a better than average as there's no real value for anyone who finds it. If anyone has been reconnected with their lost property left on a UAL flight, how long did it take them to contact you?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:26 am

Left iPod on UA at SYD - web form done - other ideas?

Hello - any suggestions other than the web form?
I arrived SYD today and somehow I left my Bose in ear head sets and iPod (both in the Bose case) on board when I disembarked off 863 from SFO.
I discovered this late this afternoon after UA would have closed.
Any local numbers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
if it was an iPod Touch, did you have Find My iPhone activated on it?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:45 am

No. It was a Nano and the case had my relatively new Bose QC20s in it as well.
I asked our concierge if they had a "secret" local number of UA at Sydney Airport but that didn't seem to work too well.
Does UA's Twitter page every work with this kind of thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.