Preferred companion access: companion(s) on same PNR
Complimentary Premier Upgrades: Yes
Complimentary Premier Upgrades for companion: Yes
Complimentary Premier Upgrades confirmation: Day of departure
Instant upgrades on Y- or B-class full-fare economy tickets
500 Lifetime miles minimum accrual: Yes
Award miles on United and United Express and select partner airlines: 7 x fare
Priority check-in: Yes
Priority screening: Yes (where available)
Boarding group: 2
Priority baggage handling: Yes
Dedicated phone line: Yes
Access to most sold-out flights: Yes
Complimentary checked baggage allowance for domestic economy tickets: 1 bag at 70 lbs./32 kg
Unrestricted access to Standard Awards on UA and UX: Yes
Better access to Economy Saver Awards: Yes
Free Same Day Change: Yes

Q: What are the odds I will get a CPU?
A: Sadly, much lower than you probably want to believe. There seems to be slightly better odds on typical vacation routes--e.g., CUN, MCO, FLL, etc.

Q: I checked in exactly at T-24, and my name was #1 on the upgrade list. A few hours later, I'm suddenly #10 on the list! What gives?
A: This post gives a good explanation why. Basically, those with higher upgrade priority checked-in after you, and they be placed above you on the upgrade list. The harsh reality is that you only have priority only above non-rev travelers.

Q: I'm Marriott Titanium Elite, how do I get my Premier Silver status?
A: Go to https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/

Q: If I requalify as a Marriott Titanium Elite, do I have to renew my complimentary Premier Silver status every year?
A: Yes

Q: How can I get a United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card?
A: Sorry, it is no longer offered.

Q: I qualified for Premier Silver this year (2016). The expiration date on the app says 1/31/2017. Shouldn't it be 1/31/2018?
A: The expiration date will automatically update to 2018 in 2017.

Archive: United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A {Archive}

Print Wikipost

United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A

Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VRFast (Post # 105)
Thanks for confirming this. Looks like I still may be able to get 10 nights in at the end of this year in order to qualify for Bonvoy Silver.
Sorry. As set forth two and three posts above yours, in Posts # 102 & 103, the UA to Marriott match has required MileagePlus™ Premier Gold status for the past several years. Premier Silver gets you nothing with Marriott.
​​​​
VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
The RewardPlus program matched Marriott Award Gold (equivalent to Platinum status in Bonvoy now) for me for many years. It helped me to qualify for LT Bonvoy platinum status. I am grateful for that. Now (for several years already), Marriott Bonvoy has been less generous. Marriott Bonvoy Silver status can be very easily achieved with a Marriott Bonvoy CC.
SPN Lifer and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I may have misunderstood the reason I was Bonvoy Silver last year until 2 weeks ago I doubt I had 10 nights last year with them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
UA Silver = Current sweet spot in the program

I actually think Silver is the sweet spot in Mileage Plus right now: when I was a 1k/Platinum/Gold my upgrades rarely, if ever, cleared. Big difference was being further up the upgrade list. As a Silver I get occasional upgrades on otherwise empty short flights, and frequently get E+ on longer flights. With my Presidential Plus card I get many of the other benefits of Gold Status. Earning it is easy, and my low expectations are frequently exceeded.

Also, I've moved much of my business to Alaska where I'm a top tier 100k, and have about a 50% upgrade ratio there with a much better domestic F and Y+ product. On transoceanic trips where I usually fly J, I get access to OW F lounges which so far have been better than Polaris.
sgtbalski and Get2DaChopper like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.