Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
I got "wtigerFF, it's been a while since your last trip from Boston" followed by "Correction: Liven up your winter with a getaway from Boston"

I live in Boston and I've hardly been here this fall. The one week I was here, my husband was away, but I got a nice visit from Hurricane Sandy. All the travel except one transcontinental (US credited to UA) has been on UA with the most recent flight being 4 days ago and another one tomorrow. If I travel much more, I'll be divorced.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Rec'd my "correction e-mail" for my winter getaway from San Francisco and I'm wondering...

With the apparent change back to PMUA meal order taking, perhaps COdbaUA is also changing back to PMUA's I/T department
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
I got a correction that correctly used my US home city, instead of the domestic location I used to make a lot of business trips to. But it would make too much sense for them to recognize I already have an international trip over NYE...
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:07 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
My first was for BOS, a city I have visited exactly once in May 2011. At first I didn't think I got the correction email, but checked the trash and found I had already deleted it. That was the correct home airport
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Got the same message, but at least they got the airport right (EWR).

It's only been a little over 2 weeks since my last trip, so I don't know what they consider "a while."

I also think this email was annoying.
Beat you on this. My last trip back to IAD was 4 days ago.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Waiting for someone to get an email about their winter getaway from Miami or Phoenix...
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TimF1975
Waiting for someone to get an email about their winter getaway from Miami or Phoenix...
Or HNL and OGG.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta platinum, lifetime platinum marriott, UA silver
Mine was to exotic Baltimore, the funny part is United cancelled my outbound from GRR and put me on Airtran direct! I just looked at my emails from the last week. 10 emails from United, I dont mind offers.....once in awhile but the spam is BS.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:21 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Mine was at least for my home airport (IAD), but it misses the fact I flew out of there two days ago... not "a while" by any stretch.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Just got it as well... was this thread influencial in the correction??
Impossible - some say we're just a bunch of over-entitled whiners on here and in no way represent the UA flyer base at large
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I fall into the group that received the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful winter getaway to their home base. Funny that I received the e-mail at Newark airport, and I'll be flying from Newark on a winter getaway to Miami this evening. Well, maybe they consider my return flight a winter getaway from Miami?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
checkin msg for wrong connecting city

So now I've received a msg telling me I can now check in for a different city than the one I' flying to. I thought at first I'd been rerouted but my reservation hasn't changed. It shows the correct itinerary in the email too. Someone doesn't know how to write software.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Can't say I'm too surprised by this. A United sales rep whom I have spoken to a few times on the phone contacted me via e-mail about 6 months ago saying I was due a refund. He said the address they had on file for me was in AZ. I've never lived in AZ. In fact my address hadn't changed for the 19 years prior to that email. Of course the check never came but I don't care because a) I don't think I was technically owed a refund and 2) it was for a very small amount.

Some more delusion at United if they think they know where their customers are based much less what their customers want. I checked and I got the DEN email (another place I've never lived) that this thread is about.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Today I got a "Request an upgrade for your upcoming trip to Miami" email, featuring a link direct to my account, and lo and behold, there was R availability on one of the legs. I passed on using miles or RPU; will take my chances with CPU, but this was the first time I've received such an email and this feature might actually be worthwhile, particularly if they'll send such emails for international BF/GF itineraries on which GPUs can be used.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by st530
Today I got a "Request an upgrade for your upcoming trip to Miami" email, featuring a link direct to my account, and lo and behold, there was R availability on one of the legs. I passed on using miles or RPU; will take my chances with CPU, but this was the first time I've received such an email and this feature might actually be worthwhile, particularly if they'll send such emails for international BF/GF itineraries on which GPUs can be used.
Very interesting. I wonder if this is a pilot program or the new normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.