Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
You're all making the same mistake - reading UA marketing emails.

I just bit-bucket them. Never find anything of value in them.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
Mine was "it's a long time since your last trip from BWI." I'm not sure why this is relevant since I fly out of DCA or IAD on average once a month.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Lol. I flew out of ORD on Monday and that's what mine said. I'm flying out again on Monday and the Monday after that. Where do they come up with this stuff?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Marketing blast e-mails are fine, but this shows a fairly low level of competency.
I find the current UA marketing emails to be so irrelevant and worthless that I don't even open them anymore.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: UAL 1P
Mine was for DFW. I've never flown to or through DFW on United. So yes, in a way its been a while: forever.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Combine that with the frequency of junk mail from UA, it's really pathetic. I received all this in the past 24 hours:
  • Use your award miles for holiday entertainment
  • Vote in the 10 Million Charity Miles Giveaway...
  • It's been a while since your last trip from...
  • Request an upgrade using miles for your upcoming trip...
  • Celebrate the holidays with Dining Awards
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Mine was for BWI. I have not lived there since 2003. Had a good laugh when I got that email.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Mine was for IAH, where I actually live and fly from at least once a week.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:21 pm

To underscore how pathetic this is, I just got an email inviting me to use miles to purchase some stuff that I might need for my upcoming trip.

The offer includes the chance to use 67,200 miles to get a "Tumi Alpha Continental Carry-On"
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:38 pm

Mine was for ATL...the last time I was there was October '11
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I didn't read the whole email, but listed my secondary airport as the airport which to me made sense since I had not originated from that airport since July. I did find it odd though that they want me to fly out of EWR when I have been flying in and out of PHL practically every week since September.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I received the same email, as did my wife and kids. Mine was for Denver, a city I fly through twice a week...
Mine was also for Denver, a city I've only ever taken UA out of once.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Just got one too for a Winter resort I can drive to from my house in 90 minutes time.

It's the shotgun approach versus using a rifle. Email blasts are supposed to be targeted, relevant and meaningful, or they turn into what they've turned into, junk mail. I think the UA Marketing Dept needs to take some Marketing 101 classes at a local Community College as a start, or get into the "Bigs" as an ultimate goal.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Mine says it's been a while since my last trip from Washington, D.C. Indeed it has - almost 20 years. With the Trump Shuttle, I recall.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Mine was for my home city, DEN. I just got home from a flight yesterday. I guess "a while" is something under 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.