Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I'm just waiting for a GS 4MM to come in here and post that he had is account closed and millions of RDM revoked because he was caught taking a banana out of the UC.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by televisor
Where's the border of "stealing"? Is taking a pack of crisps / slice of cake / biscuits for the flight, or even for eating on arrival, really that bad? A big bag is clearly excessive, but a few small items?
It is one of those things that is hard to define, but you know it when you see it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I do continue to take coffee, sugar, cream, paper cups, and napkins out of the lounge. There is also the stuff that I sneak out in my stomach. I guess if I am there long enough, I do leave some food and drink behind in the restroom.
mmack, seat38a and cruiserchris like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Ill also admit to, back in the undergrad days, every so often grabbing packs of sugar or salt from McDonalds, etc. to use at home. Again, not bags of them, maybe 3-5 max. And I never made a visit specifically to do this, but occasions when I was eating there anyway. Never had the cops called on me, in case any of the how dare you take a banana from the Club people are interested.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by eng3
I do continue to take coffee, sugar, cream, paper cups, and napkins out of the lounge. There is also the stuff that I sneak out in my stomach. I guess if I am there long enough, I do leave some food and drink behind in the restroom.
None of that is wrong. There are Illy to-go cups in the lounge, primarily for use beyond the Club, and no one would blame you over wrapping up and apple in a napkin to consume later in the day. Heck, my mother typically takes a cookie (or brownie, whatever desert is offered) to have with her tea on the plane, which I don’t think is wrong.

It becomes wrong when you see people with ziploc bags filling up on everything in sight.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
And as noted, many clubs are so crowded there is no place for you to consume your food inside. So actually the UC may prefer that you take a few snacks to eat outside as that alleviates their overcrowding and may reduce membership cancellations.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by atword
A couple of tea bags usually leave with me. Sometimes a banana or apple.
Don't worry, we even each other out -- I always bring my own tea bags and use the club's hot water to make tea, thus saving the club $0.14 or whatever.
atword likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atword
I wish I had taken a couple of the smallish United-marked mugs for my kids. The mugs were replaced at all clubs a year or two ago and now have no United markings. I didn't know they were going away at the time.
Heh. That's exactly why branded mugs have disappeared from so many places.
atword likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
For a while BOS had a snack station that encouraged you to make your own to-go bag of snacks/candy. Now they've replaced the to-go bags with cups for in-club consumption. Not sure if a conscious decision or depleted supply of bags. They do however have pre-made snack bags to-go.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I take handfuls of Life Savers with me when I leave the Club for my flight, and the agents always smile and tell me to take as many as I want.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Nothing Worth Taking!

In the good ol' days, I can remember the nice Pepperidge Farm cookies-they were worth taking. Now, everything is substandard, and the cookies are Family Dollar quality.

I never use the UC in NRT anymore (I go the ANA Lounge instead), and avoid the domestic clubs unless I need customer service help-they have become crowded an uninviting.

The Polaris lounges have better food but lousy cookies, so nothing to take there either.

In the same vein, the snack baskets in domestic F have become populated with supposedly healthy yet tasteless options.

Last edited by zombietooth; Nov 2, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:19 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by physioprof
I take handfuls of Life Savers with me when I leave the Club for my flight, and the agents always smile and tell me to take as many as I want.
I take them too, although maybe not a handful at a time. I've even had the agents ask if I had a favorite flavor and pull out the bulk container to provide me with a supply. I like them after eating the banana I've taken from the club.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by zombietooth
In the good ol' days, I can remember the nice Pepperidge Farm cookies-they were worth taking. Now, everything is substandard, and the cookies are Family Dollar quality.

I never use the UC in NRT anymore (I go the ANA Lounge instead), and avoid the domestic clubs unless I need customer service help-they have become crowded an uninviting.

The Polaris lounges have better food but lousy cookies, so nothing to take there either.

In the same vein, the snack baskets in domestic F have become populated with supposedly healthy yet tasteless options.
Was in the EWR UC a few times earlier in the year and thought the cookies were quite good.

On the other hand, the ones at BOS that I had last week...well, let's just say that I didn't take any of those.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
None of that is wrong. There are Illy to-go cups in the lounge, primarily for use beyond the Club.
Love the Illy to go cups. They are perfect for pouring your vodka soda into to enjoy by the gate as you wait to board.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by threeoh
Don't worry, we even each other out -- I always bring my own tea bags and use the club's hot water to make tea, thus saving the club $0.14 or whatever.
Why are they always out of plain black tea? Are people taking a few making that big a difference? Only the special varieties like green, or chamomile, or Earl Grey are ever available. I am going to start bringing my own tea bags, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.