Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of United Club at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by garykung
Taking your example - when HNL-LAX goes mechanical, you are not alone. IME - there are at least 100 pax who are in the same situation as you do. It will be impossible to accommodate all those impacted. Also - it is not necessary that any alternative flights have the capacities (Note - in some cases, even using B772, UA has to impose weight restriction on HNL routes).

It is simpler to resolve the IRROPS rather than rebooking.

FWIW - I have been flying through HNL for some many time over the years. I have only been rebooked once proactively.
I know I'm not alone and UA cannot help all those impacted, and that is precisely the point. if I'm a UC Member, that's one of the "benefits" I pay for - flight rebooking assistance. I absolutely want to jump the queue and get a seat on another flight before it fills up. All the other clubs don't have any trouble helping me.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I know I'm not alone and UA cannot help all those impacted, and that is precisely the point. if I'm a UC Member, that's one of the "benefits" I pay for - flight rebooking assistance. I absolutely want to jump the queue and get a seat on another flight before it fills up. All the other clubs don't have any trouble helping me.
@MatthewLAX is right. I've had the HNL UC help me rebook when my trip to GUM and to EWR went IRROPS. I saw the delay and went right up to them and they help protect me on other flights. Admittedly I knew my back-up options but still they were very helpful.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Let me ask you this, since we are all speaking from experience - have you ever gotten rebooked when HNL UC refused to assist?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by auandagbug
if there's anywhere available for even a temporary UC. As we've seen in EWR, temporary UCs, while well-meaning, often miss the mark.
The old NW WC was next to the CO PC which is now the Delta Sky Club. Would not make a bad temporary UC, and is much more centrally located.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me ask you this, since we are all speaking from experience - have you ever gotten rebooked when HNL UC refused to assist?
Yes. Thanks to 1K line.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Yes. Thanks to 1K line.
Well - that says it all.

We can all agree to disagree. But your experience prevails on your POV.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well - that says it all.

We can all agree to disagree. But your experience prevails on your POV.
What says it all? That the people in the club can't help with a simple rebooking, requiring me to call Reservations?

But I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I maintain that flight rebooking is one of the most important functions of Club Membership.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I maintain that flight rebooking is one of the most important functions of Club Membership.
+1, I'm not sure how Gary can defend them in this case. That's a part of their jobs.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:45 am

Have there been any more changes?
Old May 1, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA HNL Club: 04/29/18

A bit of construction ongoing in and around Gates 7 through 11. Because of that, only the escalators in front of Gate 11 permit access to the Club.

That being said, the rooms between the restrooms and the coffee/hot drinks/cup of noodles service area continues to be under construction as well:

Standing and taking the below shot, the help your self to containers of cup of noodles were quite popular:

Furnishings continue to be primarily rattan in pastelish colors and patterns:

4 different salads were offered besides mixed greens. Soup was chicken noodle. Self service cold drinks, besides plain and lime/mint flavored waters, were OJ and POG (not shown).

David
Old May 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
And possibly the best non Polaris lounge Bloody Mary in the network ^
Old May 1, 2018, 12:26 pm

I thought those old bamboo chairs were gone?
Old May 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Platinum
slightly disappointed there's no mac salad
Old May 1, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by frankmu
slightly disappointed there's no mac salad
or Spam.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
If you notice in DELee's pictures the tray above the egg and chicken salad contains King's Hawaiian sweet rolls.

Those are quite tasty and go well with either spread on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.