Search

Discussion of United Club at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Real glasses back at HNL club - was using plastic as of a month ago. Still, in my opinion, very poor food choices compared to the mainland clubs.
So tell them.

David
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
So tell them.

David
I have. But I’ve also found the bartender doesn’t appear to have have much say in the matter.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I have. But I’ve also found the bartender doesn’t appear to have have much say in the matter.
what is weird is HNL (at least to me) was the first UC to upgrade their offerings during the pandemic, and then seems to have deteriorated. Only have been there a breakfast, haven’t seen the later-in-the-day things.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
what is weird is HNL (at least to me) was the first UC to upgrade their offerings during the pandemic, and then seems to have deteriorated. Only have been there a breakfast, haven’t seen the later-in-the-day things.
Im actually grateful they opened well before most UC opened. I can’t dismiss that. I had several times it was me and literally 5 or less people in the club although that’s changed. But gosh. The food is not good (I’m not into Dole Whip acknowledge others are)
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
UC at HNL

Going to be heading through HNL Wednesday and have about a 3 hour layover. Haven't sampled the spread there in a long time. Any idea what to expect to be available between 2-5 pm? Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Going to be heading through HNL Wednesday and have about a 3 hour layover. Haven't sampled the spread there in a long time. Any idea what to expect to be available between 2-5 pm? Thanks!
When I last went through (earlier this month): turkey & cheese sandwiches on sweet bread, chopped cabbage salad with sesame & tofu, caprese salad, mac salad, jar of nuts, broccoli & yellow cheese soup, slices of some kind of (pineapple?) loaf cake.
SPN Lifer and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by fumje
When I last went through (earlier this month): turkey & cheese sandwiches on sweet bread, chopped cabbage salad with sesame & tofu, caprese salad, mac salad, jar of nuts, broccoli & yellow cheese soup, slices of some kind of (pineapple?) loaf cake.
Thank you. Definitely qualifies as "lighter fair" and not something I would probably count on to help me sleep and be satisfied getting on an 8 hour flight. Good to know. Thanks again.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
HNL United Club

Spam, egg and rice musubi. Perfect Hawaiian breakfast wrapped in nori.
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and 8MiHi like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seat38a

Spam, egg and rice musubi. Perfect Hawaiian breakfast wrapped in nori.
My go-to breakfast HNL-SFO for last 6 months has been a couple of peppered boiled eggs in UC and then the in-flight tray sans entree (and a bloody mary). First time I've seen the musubi. I'll be trying it tomorrow.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:48 pm

Something interesting though. The HNL UC had plastic spoons but other metal cutleries, onboard my flight, same thing. The FC breakfast cutlery was metal knife, metal fork but same plastic spoon as the one in the United Club. Something unique to Hawaii and or HNL regarding metal spoons? My guess was too many of them were getting lifted from the clubs and aircraft from people taking the Chiobani yogurts.

Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:49 pm

Was a bit shocked at the number of people in the club. Was only like 5 people in the club including ourselves. With 3 flights including ours, to SFO at 7AM and 9AM and our LAX flight at 8:15AM, I expected there to be a lot more people in the club than just 5.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Was a bit shocked at the number of people in the club. Was only like 5 people in the club including ourselves. With 3 flights including ours, to SFO at 7AM and 9AM and our LAX flight at 8:15AM, I expected there to be a lot more people in the club than just 5.
That is one of UA's unfortunate indicators on who's flying on their planes right now - especially to/from HNL as well as elsewhere in their network.

David
EWR764 and seat38a like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
That is one of UA's unfortunate indicators on who's flying on their planes right now - especially to/from HNL as well as elsewhere in their network.

David
Looks like the HNL UC is also the contracted premium cabin lounge for ANA, Asiana, and Air New Zealand. AC I'm guessing doesn't get access unless they have membership or Star Gold. Probably enough to keep is busy even without the United crowds.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I find the HNL club load especially light due to the high number of leisure non-status travelers in premium cabins on the long-haul routes.

I feel like I'm always seeing Newark travelers turned away: "what do you mean I don't get lounge access??? I'm in first class!"

Almost as bad as people flying first class to Reno trying to get into the SFO Rotunda club
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Glad to hear that. I'm on the 9am out to SFO in a few weeks. Will definitely be hitting the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.