Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
my preference on 737-700
there are not 2 row versions of F in the United fleet for 737s. That is a A319/A320 issue and the bumping is not rows if a paid ticket.

farther than if mounted on a seat back -- less than 50% further.
Would you recommend Row 1 A&B or Row 1 E&F ? Both are open right now. Leg room is not a big deal for me as I am short...hubby is taller but has had back surgeries so I would assume that bulk head would allow him to get up and stretch ?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by CyndiT
Would you recommend Row 1 A&B or Row 1 E&F ? Both are open right now. Leg room is not a big deal for me as I am short...hubby is taller but has had back surgeries so I would assume that bulk head would allow him to get up and stretch ?
My wife and I always favor 1AB, but pretty much only because of the extra footwell in the bulkhead on some 737s.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
FWIW, I sat in 3F earlier this year and I didn't notice any limited recline
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Which row in F is ideal? As far as seat assignments go, I'm the only person in the cabin at this time, so I can choose any seat. I've selected 2F at the moment. I'm surprised that they downgauged this flight to a 737 from a 739!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by diburning
Which row in F is ideal? As far as seat assignments go, I'm the only person in the cabin at this time, so I can choose any seat. I've selected 2F at the moment. I'm surprised that they downgauged this flight to a 737 from a 739!
There is no "ideal" seat in the Platonic sense. It depends heavily on personal preference. Are you tall? Do you like to stretch your legs far out under the seat in front of you? Do you mind if someone reclines towards you? Do you like window? Do you like aisle? Do you care whether you get to choose your meal before as many others as possible? If you want to sleep, do the lights, activity, and conversation in the galley bother you?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:30 pm

Wow...that is quite an answer...narrows it down
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:40 pm
Suspended

United 737-700 (73G) Seating Questions

1E is the way to go.... Plenty of room... No galley distractions and no one reclines into u. You will thank me later.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: EBD
I am booked on an intra-Asian flight (ICN-NRT) with the following seat map:

It appears to be a 737-800 without 1AB, 2AB and 7C. Cannot find it on neither united.com nor seatguru.com.

Anyone has knowledge about this aircraft?

Last edited by Douglas; Sep 27, 2015 at 7:58 am
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just flew on a 73G yesterday from South America to IAH. 1A/1B are definitely the best seats in the house. The cut out makes all the difference for extending your legs. 1E/1F doesn't have this cutout.

-RM
drewguy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:57 am

Hey,

Y'all i need some input, flying on this plane Wednesday (IAH -STT), currently my wife and I are booked on the last two seats in econ. I have the option for some Econ plus seats for $75+ each depending on the row.

This flight is about 5 hours or so, is the extra legroom worth the money? i have flown delta comfort + and enjoyed it a lot, but that had beverages included. The fact that it is only extra legroom is the only reason it is causing me to hesitate?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by newguy2321
Y'all i need some input, flying on this plane Wednesday (IAH -STT), currently my wife and I are booked on the last two seats in econ. I have the option for some Econ plus seats for $75+ each depending on the row.

This flight is about 5 hours or so, is the extra legroom worth the money? i have flown delta comfort + and enjoyed it a lot, but that had beverages included. The fact that it is only extra legroom is the only reason it is causing me to hesitate?
Depends on how claustrophobic you get in regular economy. The extra space in E+ is significant. When you walk back through the cabin, the whole feel changes as soon as you cross from E+ to E-. It is extremely crowded back there and people generally look uncomfortable and unhappy.

For me, $75 for a 5 hour flight would be a no-brainer.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Depends on how claustrophobic you get in regular economy. The extra space in E+ is significant. When you walk back through the cabin, the whole feel changes as soon as you cross from E+ to E-. It is extremely crowded back there and people generally look uncomfortable and unhappy.

Appreciate that, would be no brainer for sure if there was anything additional besides legroom, but just wanted to make sure it was worth it before committing to it!

Row 8 >> Row 32 ha, thanks for the quick response
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee

Also suggest to book aisle and window. Very unlikely for a middle E+ to be filled if the flight is not fully booked. (In other words, last to book).
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Also suggest to book aisle and window. Very unlikely for a middle E+ to be filled if the flight is not fully booked. (In other words, last to book).
Interesting, so suggesting that we book aisle and a window since the fact there are so many E+ avail so close to booking that more than likely that middle seat wouldnt be filled?

That's great idea, thank yall for the input
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by newguy2321
Interesting, so suggesting that we book aisle and a window since the fact there are so many E+ avail so close to booking that more than likely that middle seat wouldnt be filled?

That's great idea, thank yall for the input
It's always a good plan if booking as a couple. If the middle seat gets taken, no one in their right mind would refuse trading for a window or aisle to let you sit together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.