Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Row 7 vs Row 21

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
How's row 7. Does it have a cut out or is the legroom restricted by a bulkhead
Originally Posted by blueman2
+1 on this question. Anyone know?

is 7A/F better than 21A/F in your opinion?
Just flew my first 737-7 in 7D, with my colleague in 7F. We were both very happy with row 7 over row 21. The bulkhead does have a cutout all the way across (and is angled to give more knee room). As mentioned 7C/D has near infinite legroom as the bulkhead only comes out to less than the halfway point of the seat.

7A/F looked more desirable than 21A/F in that there was sufficient space for a slim person in 7A/B-7E/F to get in/out without the person(s) in 7B/C-7D/E having to move. That would not be possible in Row 21 as it didn't have noticeably more legroom than any other E+ row while row 7 did.

I agree it was not a comfortable plane, but then I don't think any sCO 737 is comfortable. The couple times I've sat in an sCO 737 exit row I found were among the most uncomfortable flights I've taken. I would choose any E+ other than 20/21 just for that reason. I was just glad that Row 7 was open for us on that flight.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I agree with the above post on the merits of Row 7 vs. Row 21 ^
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:03 pm

Newbie looking for some info please

Flying on a United 737-700 from EWR to SNA on a trip to the US next year and been looking at the seatmap and wondering about seats 21 B/C or 21 C/D. (not interested in 21A or F as I need the seat infront to hang my tablet!)

Not seen this plane config when travelling to the States before and according to seatguru the seat pitch is poor even though its classed a E+ seat. I book row 21 on the way from and to the UK as I like the extra legroom and row 20 has no recline so I enjoy the space being a bigger guy, knowing the row in front can't recline!

Can anyone confirm if this is similar on the 737-700 where 21 BCDE has extra legroom (and seatguru is wrong!) so its like the 757-200 from Scotland.

Cheers!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
21 BCDE on the B737 does not have the exceptional legroom found on the aircraft with double overwing exits (B738, B739, B752, etc), but it's still as good as the rest of E+.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
21 BCDE on the B737 does not have the exceptional legroom found on the aircraft with double overwing exits (B738, B739, B752, etc), but it's still as good as the rest of E+.
Thanks for the info! Since row 20 in front won't recline much I think I will go for 21BCDE
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:34 am

I have a choice between 1E or 3B. Any advantage of one over the other?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:40 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The overhead bins for Row 1 are smaller due to the curvature of the fuselage. Most rollaboards will only fit if they go in sideways.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I have a choice between 1E or 3B. Any advantage of one over the other?
Just finished a segment in F. Aside from the bin issue mentioned,
1E Pro: First off the plane, slightly more recline, no one reclining into you, better odds of getting first meal choice.
1E Con: Galley/bathroom traffic, slightly less legroom.

3B Pro: slightly more legroom, better access to more bin space + underseat space, potentially darker/quieter.
3B Con: slightly less recline, more distracting DirectTV screens in front of you, more likely to get run over by anxious Y pax rushing to get bags/off the plane, could lose seat if down-gauged to a A319/E170.
drewguy likes this.

Last edited by megalab; Jan 20, 2015 at 1:13 pm Reason: Added underseat space
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:31 am

Thanks FlyinHawaiian and megalab. That's exactly what I was looking to find out. Think I'm going to go with 3B this time.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Best Y seats on this dog?

Doing a transcon, likely in Y after the TODs go through.

Need to wait for 7D to open up at OLCI - otherwise any recos on the best E+ aisle seat?

Aside from the 2 seater row 20, is there ANY reason to choose 20/21 over the other rows since there's no extra exit row legroom? Assuming they're the harder sCO exit row cushion variety too.

TIA
Old May 24, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Doing a transcon, likely in Y after the TODs go through.

Need to wait for 7D to open up at OLCI - otherwise any recos on the best E+ aisle seat?

Aside from the 2 seater row 20, is there ANY reason to choose 20/21 over the other rows since there's no extra exit row legroom? Assuming they're the harder sCO exit row cushion variety too.
Just spent 6 hrs each way in this bird a couple of months ago; 7D then 21F. We avoided row 20 due to lack of recline and took advantage of the row 21 window seat's feeling of extra spaciousness (even to the person in the middle seat). Yes, the seats felt a bit harder but I've started using air pillows to customize my seat comfort and it made a clear difference compared to last time I sat there. Otherwise, I think even E+ window seats feel cramped so I prefer an aisle seat. Avoid row 10 if you want to see out a window because there aren't any.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:50 am

I will be flying on a 737-700 in first class (first time for me). I have a choice of 1D & F or 3A & B...I have heard that row 3 does not recline very much and that row 1 has limited legroom....row 2 is not an option..any advice would be welcome.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by CyndiT
I will be flying on a 737-700 in first class (first time for me). I have a choice of 1D & F or 3A & B...I have heard that row 3 does not recline very much and that row 1 has limited legroom....row 2 is not an option..any advice would be welcome.
Depends on your comfort priority: legroom or recline.
Me? I'll take the legroom. I never recline more than one knotch/click. Even on TATL in E+. Bulkhead seats have the advantage of having no one lean back into your space but they can also take away legroom because you can't stretch your legs out under the seat in front of you. There's a wall there.
Some 737s have a notch cut out of the bottom of the bulkhead on the A/C side but not the D/F side.
If it's not a long flight or you're not particularly tall Row 1 can be nice. Quick exit plus you get served first.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Depends on your comfort priority: legroom or recline.
Me? I'll take the legroom. I never recline more than one knotch/click. Even on TATL in E+. Bulkhead seats have the advantage of having no one lean back into your space but they can also take away legroom because you can't stretch your legs out under the seat in front of you. There's a wall there.
Some 737s have a notch cut out of the bottom of the bulkhead on the A/C side but not the D/F side.
If it's not a long flight or you're not particularly tall Row 1 can be nice. Quick exit plus you get served first.
Looks like I will change to row 1...I read somewhere that row 3 can be bumped if a different plane only has 2 rows..also, how far is the tv screen that's mounted in the wall ?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Looks like I will change to row 1...
my preference on 737-700
... I read somewhere that row 3 can be bumped if a different plane only has 2 rows...
there are not 2 row versions of F in the United fleet for 737s. That is a A319/A320 issue and the bumping is not rows if a paid ticket.

...also, how far is the tv screen that's mounted in the wall ?
farther than if mounted on a seat back -- less than 50% further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.