Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global and Regional Premier Upgrades will be valid longer

Global and Regional Premier Upgrades will be valid longer

Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
An RPU expiring 1/14 was just deposited into my acct on 12/20. Any ideas why? My wife used both of mine in Oct and I didn't earn enough miles to requalify for Plat this year.
Is it possible that an upgrade you were waitlisted for earlier in the year did not clear and this was a re-crediting of your account for the unredeemed upgrade?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
An RPU expiring 1/14 was just deposited into my acct on 12/20. Any ideas why? My wife used both of mine in Oct and I didn't earn enough miles to requalify for Plat this year.
Usually the RPU's are deposited in sets of two upon earning certain pqm milestones. Did you receive just 1 or 2 on December 20th?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Usually the RPU's are deposited in sets of two upon earning certain pqm milestones. Did you receive just 1 or 2 on December 20th?
Just 1 valid only for another month. I had given both of mine to my wife and they were used successfully in Oct so I was surprised to see one (re)deposited in Dec. I qualified for no RPUs this year.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Interesting. I just noticed that one GPU was deposited in my account on 12/21 with an expiration date of 1/31/14. I have no idea what this is. I did not fly much paid travel in 2013 (maybe 30k EQM's). Will be demoted to my lifetime Platinum status in Feb....
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Interesting. I just noticed that one GPU was deposited in my account on 12/21 with an expiration date of 1/31/14. I have no idea what this is. I did not fly much paid travel in 2013 (maybe 30k EQM's). Will be demoted to my lifetime Platinum status in Feb....
This seems to be a strange pattern. I've just used my last 2 2014 RPUs on PS flights as they expire the end of this month, but did not see any recent deposits -- other than the new ones I earned that have expiration dates of January 2015.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
If you haven't used this yet, you should check to see if its still in your account tomorrow.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:31 pm

Does anyone know if the recently announced policy of extending 2 SWU/GPU's for re-qualifying 1K's is a one-time benefit or will be repeated again?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Does anyone know if the recently announced policy of extending 2 SWU/GPU's for re-qualifying 1K's is a one-time benefit or will be repeated again?
a bit premature to be asking, doubt UA has even thought about it.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
This is usually a December-ish question. My GPUs were extended through April 30th, but have already been spent ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.