Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why is my reservation on the "Inactive" page?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Inactive Tab Under Manage Reservations

I had to cancel a flight two weeks ago ( a pre 3/3 reservation) and the reservation and future credit value of the reservation was moved into the Inactive Tab under Manage Reservations. Today I used the credit on a new reservation. The record locator remained the same and the reservation has remained in the Inactive Tab. It looks like a normal reservation and I can view and change seats. Will the reservation move to the Current Tab or remain under the Inactive Tab? Somewhat annoying if it doesn't move as I will need to take the extra step to click on the Inactive Tab when reviewing my reservations and the reservation will not show up on the mobile app.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
This is a known bug with the new site - where tickets that were canceled, then used to book a new itinerary remain in the canceled section. Listed in the post-merger conversion thread with UA Insider confirmation.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emcampbe
This is a known bug with the new site - where tickets that were canceled, then used to book a new itinerary remain in the canceled section. Listed in the post-merger conversion thread with UA Insider confirmation.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:53 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I guess this makes me feel a little better.

No reported issues with the reservations other than their being listed under the wrong tab, correct?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I guess this makes me feel a little better.

No reported issues with the reservations other than their being listed under the wrong tab, correct?
I've had a few cancelled, then rebooked reservations show up on the inactive tab and have not had an issue. The first couple of times they showed up I called and made sure they were ok and the agent told me everything looked good on their end.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
If it makes the OP feel better, I flew on a flight that was erroneously listed as having been refunded, and I had no issues.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: United 1K
Active itin showing up under the Inactive tab?

My wife had a round trip award ticket booked prior to the 3/3 turnover on which she took the first leg of already. After the website changeover, I wanted to try to change the return leg to a different date/routing on the website and got all sorts of error messages. So I clicked on Cancel itinerary, which got the ticket moved under the Inactive tab on the website (it used to be under the Active tab). I wasn't able to rebook on the website, so I called UA and they helped to rebook the return leg.

However, the itinerary still shows up under the Inactive tab on the website. I've called a couple of times to confirm that the ticket is all set and she will be able to fly, to which I have received a "no problem, don't worry" type of response. Nonetheless, I find this issue a bit unnerving as I would hate to show up at the airport and have them tell me there's something wrong with the ticket, and then point me to the website to say "hey, it was under inactive, so you should've done something about it"...

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this probably just a website glitch?
Old May 10, 2012, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Well known glitch with the new system, should be listed in the system merger thread. A canceled ticket, even after being re-booked, will continue to show in the inactive/cancelled tab.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP , Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Plat, Global Entry
Any recent stories or issues with this. I just had a flight show up on the Inactive Tab. It was erroneously cancelled for some unknown reason by Shares. The 1K desk agent couldn't understand it. Took a supervisor an hour to put the reservation back including upgrades.

Now today I see it on the Inactive Tab, I called again and they claim it's fine and ticketed and that I'll have no problems. I sure hope this is the case given it's an international trip with a tight schedule.

Has anyone else seen this?
Old May 30, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by C5Driver
Any recent stories or issues with this. I just had a flight show up on the Inactive Tab. It was erroneously cancelled for some unknown reason by Shares. The 1K desk agent couldn't understand it. Took a supervisor an hour to put the reservation back including upgrades.

Now today I see it on the Inactive Tab, I called again and they claim it's fine and ticketed and that I'll have no problems. I sure hope this is the case given it's an international trip with a tight schedule.

Has anyone else seen this?
In my situation above, my DCA-ORD-NRT experienced no problems whatsoever including mileage credit despite living in 'inactive.'

A known but 'innocuous' SHARES bug, apparently.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
I'm having the same issue with a DEN-IAH-NRT-MNL-GUM-HNL-SFO-DEN itinerary that was booked, cancelled, and applied to a different reservation (similar routing, different dates). Really annoying that it doesn't show up with the other people in my party's reservations, which are under my normal active tab in a TripPlan I created. That said, it does not appear to have any actual effect, as my (miles + copay) upgrade cleared for one of the (domestic leg) flights and when I called in to have the ticket reissued, the Premier Desk agent confirmed there was no problem.

Here's to hoping they fix this ... and to waiting ...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by efjmiller
I'm having the same issue with a DEN-IAH-NRT-MNL-GUM-HNL-SFO-DEN itinerary that was booked, cancelled, and applied to a different reservation (similar routing, different dates). Really annoying that it doesn't show up with the other people in my party's reservations, which are under my normal active tab in a TripPlan I created. That said, it does not appear to have any actual effect, as my (miles + copay) upgrade cleared for one of the (domestic leg) flights and when I called in to have the ticket reissued, the Premier Desk agent confirmed there was no problem.

Here's to hoping they fix this ... and to waiting ...
Same issues here on booked, cancelled and applied refund to a new reservation. One of my re-booked trip shows up under cancelled and another shows up under inactive.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum

On united.com's "Manage Reservations" page there three tabs: Current, Past, Inactive.

Three days ago I used a credit from a previously cancelled flight to book a ticket. The new ticket is showing up only in the "Inactive" section. Should I be concerned that something didn't process properly? I called Global Services and they assure me everything is okay with the ticket and they have no idea why it isn't appearing in the "Current" area with all of my other reservations.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
It's annoying but fine. It happened to me also when I used credit from a previously canceled reservation. They apply that credit to the new reservation under the same PNR, and it seems like they don't change the flag from inactive to active when they do so. I was able to fly it with no issues whatsoever.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Antipode
It's annoying but fine. .....
well not sure abaout fine -- but liveable. I have made multiple attemppts to have this corrected on some flights and no success, had no issues with the flights -- it was just a pain to haave to look elsewhere. They do show up properly on the home page.

This persons claimes to be move the reservation on Andriod App -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rrent-com.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.