Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads

Print Wikipost

Where to Sit on a United 737-800?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I try to avoid seats 1A and F....It's a pain to interrupt someone to go to the bathroom....One time I had to pee so bad but I was sitting next to a really attractive woman.....At the end of the flight I figured id hold it instead of making it obvious. Oh, the pain...lol
Those are actually the best window seats from which to step over to the aisle. A lot more space than all the other rows.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Is there a way to know which of these have IFE in Y/E+? Was very surprised to hear that some actually do.
coloneltigh likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Is there a way to know which of these have IFE in Y/E+? Was very surprised to hear that some actually do.
Most (115) are DirecTV but a few (18) are PDE
See https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking site for tail numbers.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Most (115) are DirecTV but a few (18) are PDE
See https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking site for tail numbers.
Interesting, thanks. Yeah sorry I meant to ask about seatback IFE, since that was the surprising part to me.

- interesting, a friend of mine flew UA287 today, which appears to be tail N11206 - it's listed as DirectTV, but he sent me a picture with his seat having Seatback IFE. From the spreadsheet it looks like only GUM-planes have seatback? But he DEFINITELY flew ORD-YVR this morning. I'm intriguied.

But then he also told me they got a free meal so I'm inclined to believe he didn't realize he was upgraded to F instead of E+ because there's just no way I can imagine that flight getting free meals in E+. From the picture he sent me, the seat sure looks smaller than an F seat though... But even then - surprised with seatback IFE either way.

for reference

Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, thanks. Yeah sorry I meant to ask about seatback IFE, since that was the surprising part to me.

- interesting, a friend of mine flew UA287 today, which appears to be tail N11206 - it's listed as DirectTV, but he sent me a picture with his seat having Seatback IFE. From the spreadsheet it looks like only GUM-planes have seatback? But he DEFINITELY flew ORD-YVR this morning. I'm intriguied.

But then he also told me they got a free meal so I'm inclined to believe he didn't realize he was upgraded to F instead of E+ because there's just no way I can imagine that flight getting free meals in E+. From the picture he sent me, the seat sure looks smaller than an F seat though... But even then - surprised with seatback IFE either way.

for reference
There is no way that picture is of F.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
The term "IFE" is confusing you. *ALL* 737s have IFE.

The DirecTV airplanes have the seatback screens. The PDE airplanes do not and you must use your own device (phone/tablet/laptop) to stream the entertainment over the wifi connection.

The Guam airplanes also have the DirecTV seatback screens but no live TV.

All 737s have EITHER the DirecTV *OR* PDE as their IFE. None of them have both.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarryJ
The DirecTV airplanes have the seatback screens. The PDE airplanes do not and you must use your own device (phone/tablet/laptop) to stream the entertainment over the wifi connection.

The Guam airplanes also have the DirecTV seatback screens but no live TV.

All 737s have EITHER the DirecTV *OR* PDE as their IFE. None of them have both.
ah sorry, I didn't realize DirectTV was also seatback. That explains that then!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
There is no way that picture is of F.
First clue:

trays are in armrests, not in seatback @:-)

And to answer meal, UA (and others) reintroduced meals in coach on some flights.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmailKid
First clue:

trays are in armrests, not in seatback @:-)

And to answer meal, UA (and others) reintroduced meals in coach on some flights.
Interesting, I thought this was only on transcons. I'm learning so many new things today haha.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Interesting, I thought this was only on transcons. I'm learning so many new things today haha.
Correct, only in some transcons
EWR<>SFO, EWR<>LAX, BOS<>SFO
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Correct, only in some transcons
EWR<>SFO, EWR<>LAX, BOS<>SFO
Well, my friend got a free meal in E+ on ORD-YVR this morning... so... there's that. Stroopwafels, reportedly.

edit: apparently that counts as a "snack" which was re-introduced for all/most domestic routes in Coach? neato.

Last edited by Smiley90; Oct 1, 2017 at 3:14 pm
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:06 pm

Are exit row seats generally same pitch as other Economy Plus?

Are the E+ seats' pitch the same as the exit row pitch generally? If not generally, specifically on 737-800?

United and Seatguru plane info just says all E+ have the same pitch (37" on the 737-800) but I guess I've been conditioned that exit row seats always have more legroom...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:19 pm

Exit rows do have extra space even on the 738s -- SeatGuru has some data issues.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by alchemista
United and Seatguru plane info just says all E+ have the same pitch (37" on the 737-800) but I guess I've been conditioned that exit row seats always have more legroom...
Does anyone else question that 37" figure (which is indeed on the UA website)? Maybe the exit rows and bulkheads, but I'd put normal E+ at 34 or 35 inches.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alchemista
Are the E+ seats' pitch the same as the exit row pitch generally? If not generally, specifically on 737-800?

Don't overlook coach bulkhead row seats 7ABEF. In a lot of cases, the bulkhead wall does not extend to floor, allowing plenty of legroom and underseat storage. The CD seats don't have the underseat storage and one sort of straddles the bulkhead and passageway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.