FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Getting seat assignments on partner (Star Alliance) flights with UA tickets? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1405094-getting-seat-assignments-partner-star-alliance-flights-ua-tickets.html)

mike_asia Mar 6, 2012 9:27 am

Getting seat assignments on partner (Star Alliance) flights with UA tickets?

i have some flights booked on pss.united.com with United Flight numbers operated by Lufthansa. However the website won't let me pick seats for these flights. How can i get a seat?

star_world Mar 6, 2012 9:32 am

Use your UA ticket number (starting in 016) to look up the booking on the Lufthansa website. If that doesn't work try calling Lufthansa.

FlyinHawaiian Mar 6, 2012 9:33 am

I don't think LH can recognize UA's PNR; there should be a seperate LH PNR which you can get as stated above or calling LH and giving them your flight information. With that information you can go on LH's website and do your seat selection.

star_world Mar 6, 2012 9:36 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 18145320)
I don't think LH can recognize UA's PNR; there should be a seperate LH PNR which you can get as stated above or calling LH and giving them your flight information. With that information you can go on LH's website and do your seat selection.

Not the PNR - the ticket number. I've had good success with that in the past, specifically on LH.

heffe76 Mar 6, 2012 9:37 am

As mentioned by star_world, try going to the LH website but see if you can manage your reservation using your record locator rather than the ticket number. Both suggestions to call would likely get you the best results. Casually mention your *A status... never hurts.

redburgundy Mar 6, 2012 9:58 am

I can no longer find the LH booking code on the new pss.united.com web site. Is it still there somewhere?

I can't find a place on lufthansa.com to enter a ticket number, only the LH booking code.

mike_asia Mar 6, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by redburgundy (Post 18145510)
I can no longer find the LH booking code on the new pss.united.com web site. Is it still there somewhere?

I can't find a place on lufthansa.com to enter a ticket number, only the LH booking code.

me either :td:

star_world Mar 6, 2012 10:05 am

Interesting - that functionality was there a few weeks ago. Just checked now and don't see it. I guess calling is the only practical option then until they start adding the partner PNRs to the reservation details page.

LizzyDragon84 Mar 8, 2012 5:08 am

Originally Posted by redburgundy (Post 18145510)

I just checked in for my LH codeshare flight using the ticket number by using the LH iPhone app. It's a good workaround if you have an iDevice and don't want to call for a PNR.

mike_asia Mar 9, 2012 4:00 pm

just called and got the record locator or whatever Lufthansa calls it and got a seat. they would not issue a seat for flights within Europe they said only at check in.

arndt Mar 10, 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mike_asia (Post 18169642)
just called and got the record locator or whatever Lufthansa calls it and got a seat. they would not issue a seat for flights within Europe they said only at check in.

You can reserve your seat on LH if you're flying Business Class in Europe. If you're flying in Economy, you can select your seat at check-in.

mike_asia Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by arndt (Post 18173388)
You can reserve your seat on LH if you're flying Business Class in Europe. If you're flying in Economy, you can select your seat at check-in.

thanks i will talk to my assistant about this, it is disturbing.

Bluehen1 Mar 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mike_asia (Post 18186421)

Nothing disturbing about it. It's standard practice for most intra-Europe flights on *A carriers. I've never been able to select a coach LH, LX, or OS seat on an intra-Europe itinerary.

BlueZebra Mar 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by mike_asia (Post 18186421)

Is it disturbing Southwest doesn't assign seats??:confused:

shttrdrvr Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Lh upgraded there system as well

You use to be able to look up your reservation by tkt number. Now they only time you can use this function is during check in. So so you either have to call UA MP or LH. It odd how they make sure that they do not post it the e-reciept as well.