Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

F class in 3 cabin PS, no longer "Global First"??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

Just looked at a tkt I just booked, JFK-LAX-INT R/T using PS between JFK-LAX. The 3 cabin F class says "UNITED FIRST", not GLOBAL FIRST. What's in a name? MP says F & A class get 250% RDM's on 3 cabin "Global First". So, do we earn 250% or 175% RDM'S on 3 cabin PS flights in F (or A)????

Could this be UA's way of lowering expectations on PS trans cons gearing up for the switch to 2 cabin?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
The F cabin on p.s. (and any 3 cabin domestic flight) was and is still now called just United First (after all, it isn't global if you're flying JFK-LAX right? ). The C cabin is also called just United Business not BF. I believe you earn the second item listed: 175% RDM, 150% EQM.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:51 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by nevansm
I believe you earn the second item listed: 175% RDM, 150% EQM.
Correct.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I tend to pay more attention to my seat than what the BP says, but I don't recall that the BP for p.s. F ever said "Global First" (which is after all, merely a marketing gimmick name). It is simply that the p.s. F seat gets you access to the GS/GF access line to the checkpoint and the IFL, while p.s. C gets you UC access (both unlike ordinary domestic F/C).

I wouldn't worry too much about how UA chooses to characterize the terminology printed on your BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.