Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BJfly
on my flight departing MCO this morning “Welcome to continental airlines, flying to Newark this morning”.
Some FAs will never accept the merger. These are generally the worst FAs in the system.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:13 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29785294-post343.html

Old May 23, 2018, 9:46 pm

How about the Welcome vidro they play before landing about how to clear customs?

Originally Posted by channa
Saw this at SJC. Talk about old school.
Where exactly is this at SJC? Its my home airpirt and I will be flying out jn a couple of weeks.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2018 at 9:58 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 30, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Back to the Future?

Look at what just popped up for Flight Status!

Joshua and AustinWeatherGuy like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danielonn
How about the Welcome vidro they play before landing about how to clear customs?

Where exactly is this at SJC? Its my home airpirt and I will be flying out jn a couple of weeks.
From the tiny bit of background, I would guess somewhere near either ticket counters or baggage claim. (Not sure which airline's, though; I don't know where in SJC CO would have been.)

Originally Posted by garkster

Strange that 2124 gave you the multi-segment message; did you click 'See All Segments'?
Old May 30, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Continental Airlines -- Cleveland B Check

I found this on the floor of a hangar at CLE:

Continental Airlines Cleveland B Check

This facility is ne of United's main 737 maintenance facilities.
lincolnjkc, narvik and mdtakamine like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by fumje
From the tiny bit of background, I would guess somewhere near either ticket counters or baggage claim. (Not sure which airline's, though; I don't know where in SJC CO would have been.)

Strange that 2124 gave you the multi-segment message; did you click 'See All Segments'?
With 2124, they were showing it as the inbound aircraft from EWR for a flight SFO/IAH on Friday, but on Thursday the aircraft was allocated to EWR/CLE, so I chalked it up to another UA IT mess. Then I happened to click on the Back button a couple of times ending up with what I showed.

Later I was able to reproduce this with another flight -- I think they've got some sort of bug when you use the back key (I'm using Chrome).

Then again, I saw another thread today about SHARES 50th, so (cue the conspiracy music), not a coincidence?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:12 pm

I am sure this has been discussed many times here but I noticed it just now. Today I bought a ticket from UA.com and paid with Paypal. The Paypal receipt says that the merchant's email address is [email protected]
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BJfly
on my flight departing MCO this morning “Welcome to continental airlines, flying to Newark this morning”.
Last week I had an Air Wisconsin FA (IAD-GSP) welcome us aboard "American Eagle, operated by Air Wisconsin" with "American flight XXX" to Greenville -- you repeat the same thing over and over again for enough years and I can't really blame them for slipping into an old routine when distracted or stressed.
AustinWeatherGuy likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by garkster

Once again, I’m incredulous that someone hasn’t run a program to scan every line of code looking for “Continental”. Really it isn’t hard.
AustinWeatherGuy likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
A deadheading crewmember boarded my flight this week with a "Continental Airlines--Crew" luggage tag on her rollaboard.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
How long did it take to purge Eastern, PEOPLExpress or PanAm references?
physioprof likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
How long did it take to purge Eastern, PEOPLExpress or PanAm references?
EAL OnePass was a frequent flyer program through 2011.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Spotted at the National Press Club in DC. Photo was signed just a couple months before his departure and amid the PA investigation.

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Noticed an old CO 777 "Max" livery picture as the background of one of the agent terminals at the MCO UC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.