Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
At Medellin MDE there is a banner for the airport's renovation. Among other things there is a Continental 737, an America West Airbus, and an Avianca plane with the name mirrored.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Gold Status, Delta Platinum AMEX, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, SPG Preferred
Saw some blue legacy United "U" logo styled luggage containers at DEN on Wednesday. Oddly enough by the AA gates when I was flying DEN-DFW.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CO FF
My Avis account says that I have elite status via "Continental Presidential Plus" card...as of Jan 2017, even though I didn't even enroll with Avis til 2016.
That's interesting because I have the old CPP card and Avis Presidential status has been removed as of last year.

Might be Preferred Plus nor or something with Avis.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N623DL
Saw some blue legacy United "U" logo styled luggage containers at DEN on Wednesday. Oddly enough by the AA gates when I was flying DEN-DFW.
International flights at DIA arrive at terminal A, so that's probably why they were there.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by thesun
International flights at DIA arrive at terminal A, so that's probably why they were there.
United uses A for a couple domestic flights in the morning, as well.

But the blue carts down by the AA gates are for interline bags. Where employees of other airlines drop inbound bags that are transferring to a UA flight. UA employees then pick them up from those carts and take them where they need to go on B con.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by N623DL
Last month I saw Continental LD3s at JFK T4 of all places... wonder how they got there lol
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by thesun
At Medellin MDE there is a banner for the airport's renovation. Among other things there is a Continental 737, an America West Airbus, and an Avianca plane with the name mirrored.
I think most impressive there is the EasyJet plane, which must have had a long flight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I think most impressive there is the EasyJet plane, which must have had a long flight.
Hahahahaaaa! ^ Just caught that! Long flight indeed!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:53 pm

Captain said "we are a proud all-Continental crew"(pilots and FAs)

I was on a flight out of EWR yesterday afternoon. The 4-hour flight was uneventful and the plane landed buttery smooth. Then I heard the strangest thing... as we taxied to the ramp, the captain said the following: (which I captured on my iPhone, but not sure if I'm allowed to post that here.. since I'm a brand new member)

"folks, thanks for flying with us today...... we are a proud all-Continental crew today, pilots as well as attendants.... have a wonderful rest of your day here in...."

Continental? Did he not get the memo that Continental and United are now just one United Airlines? He repeated the word "Continental" a couple more times, so I doubt it was an accident.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The intentional comments are probably a little unnecessary.

However, I was on UA 1785 SLC-IAH on Monday and the flight attendant did the expected welcome aboard speech after take-off and then said, "We want to extend a special welcome to our OnePass Members who are earning valuable miles. . . "

The week prior I was on UA 282 EWR-DEN and the salt and pepper packet was black with the old United logo. I jokingly asked if the contents of the sleeve were as old as that logo, and the flight attendant said, "Aww, the tulip, wasn't that great?"
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AA
I know there's a thread somewhere here that delves into this. This sort of stuff cropped up around the time UA and CO merged, where it wasn't uncommon to hear this on some pmCO operated flights.

The general consensus was that this type of behaviour was unprofessional.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Micp3208

The week prior I was on UA 282 EWR-DEN and the salt and pepper packet was black with the old United logo.
when I was a kid dozens of years ago, my grandma once told me that salt and pepper last "forever" and we probably wouldn't have anything to eat except salt and pepper, if the apocalypse came...(yes, what a thing to say to a 10-year-old)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Gold Status, Delta Platinum AMEX, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, SPG Preferred
Originally Posted by Landscaper
I was on a flight out of EWR yesterday afternoon. The 4-hour flight was uneventful and the plane landed buttery smooth. Then I heard the strangest thing... as we taxied to the ramp, the captain said the following: (which I captured on my iPhone, but not sure if I'm allowed to post that here.. since I'm a brand new member)

"folks, thanks for flying with us today...... we are a proud all-Continental crew today, pilots as well as attendants.... have a wonderful rest of your day here in...."

Continental? Did he not get the memo that Continental and United are now just one United Airlines? He repeated the word "Continental" a couple more times, so I doubt it was an accident.
I would have definitely reported this. He's sounds a little mental if he repeated it several times.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Landscaper

Seems odd that he mentioned this; I bet it it is a personal issue with the pilot, which is why many here consider it unprofessional.
BTW, there's a LONG thread for this stuff: Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

In this case the vestige seems to be the pilot himself!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
BusinessFirst in FA's PA announcement even though it has replaced by Polaris business for a few months.
Same thing happened on my FRA-EWR flight a couple weeks back. Was surprised, because clearly the FAs were all excited about the new soft product (and they were an excellent crew).

'Old habits die hard' is what I attribute it to. It will certainly help when the hard product is the new product as well - much more visual reminder that those are the Polaris seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.