Merging MP accounts

Old Oct 30, 12, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Merging MP accounts

I red the MP FAQ and it seems to merge MP accounts, I have to write a letter to them. However, I created the 2nd account just to double dip on the Netflix 4000 pts deal. I thought I'd be able to merge the accounts online. Now, I'm concerned that it's going to raise red flags when the guy who reviews this sees 2 accounts (1 of them new) have 4000 Netflix points. Has anybody merged 2 accounts itch Netflix 4000 pts?
Old Oct 30, 12, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I red the MP FAQ and it seems to merge MP accounts, I have to write a letter to them. However, I created the 2nd account just to double dip on the Netflix 4000 pts deal. I thought I'd be able to merge the accounts online. Now, I'm concerned that it's going to raise red flags when the guy who reviews this sees 2 accounts (1 of them new) have 4000 Netflix points. Has anybody merged 2 accounts itch Netflix 4000 pts?
Did you create the second account in your name? It will raise red flags... was it worth it cheating the system and going through all this trouble just for 4000 miles??
Old Oct 30, 12, 1:55 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Originally Posted by sammyindc View Post
Did you create the second account in your name? It will raise red flags... was it worth it cheating the system and going through all this trouble just for 4000 miles??
my guess is yes if it works, no if it doesn't

I hope it works for him
Old Oct 30, 12, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The review will be done by software and it will pick up the double sign-up. UA isn't stupid and people try these petty scams all the time.

At a minimum, one account will be zeroed out and closed, possibly both.

Best bet here is to pretend you never had the second account, let it go and sooner or later the miles will expire.
Old Oct 30, 12, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, second account is in my name. I thought the point transfer would be a simple process. Actually, I think it was Gary's suggestion to create a second acct. I know some people actually use 2 different credit cards to get 4000 miles twice into the same account. Wouldn't that raise a bigger red flag?
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:18 am

Programs: KE MC
Merging two accounts.....Possible?

Currrently, there is Hotel point transfer promotion of UA until 30 Nov.
I would like to participate and fully utilize this chance. I have about 300,000 Wyndham Rewards points now and 125,000 WR can be transferred to 65,000. (50,000 + 15,000 bonus) at this promotion.

What I am going to do....is to make another UA account by my name. And transfer 125,000 WR each to two accounts. Being this promotion over and receiving bonus miles, can I merge two accounts then total miles(130,000) would remain intact?
Am I doing dangerous action?? Please give me some advice.
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kenneth_lee View Post
Currrently, there is Hotel point transfer promotion of UA until 30 Nov.
I would like to participate and fully utilize this chance. I have about 300,000 Wyndham Rewards points now and 125,000 WR can be transferred to 65,000. (50,000 + 15,000 bonus) at this promotion.

What I am going to do....is to make another UA account by my name. And transfer 125,000 WR each to two accounts. Being this promotion over and receiving bonus miles, can I merge two accounts then total miles(130,000) would remain intact?
Am I doing dangerous action?? Please give me some advice.
Don't do it, unless you're willing to lose miles from one or both accounts.
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Am I doing dangerous action??
Yes.
Please give me some advice.
Don't defraud the company.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: