Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting through the 1k line or any line?

Old Oct 27, 12, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Been trying to call for 30 minutes and I can't get an agent. When it switches to transfer me I'm given a busy signal. My ewr-sjo flight is cancelled for Monday.
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, SBUX Gold
50 minutes and counting on my Sun nite cancellation.
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
lights out at COUA for me too...busy signal, then hang up
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
I got through at about 9pm. Had about a 7 minute wait. They didn't say they were experiencing any problems.
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Been on hold for 15 min BOS-SFO cancelled on Tuesday. Babies are going to be upset if I don't get back for Halloween.

Does someone have the Gold phone number. I just called the general number as I left my card at home. Not sure if it would help.
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:52 pm

Major storm a-comin', and flights are being cancelled, this is usually what occurs!

Last edited by LilAbner; Oct 27, 12 at 9:09 pm
Old Oct 27, 12, 8:53 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat; Hyatt Explorist; Marriott Titanium; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Keep trying and nothing....this is ridiculous!
Old Oct 27, 12, 9:17 pm

Programs: united airlines
wait time on the phone for elites

Isn't elite status, especially 1K, supposed to get one their calls to UA answered more promptly? I was just told that at present, 11PM EST on a Saturday, that I could expect a 30 minute wait?! Might this be somehow related to the expect disruptions on account of the storm that us Easterners are bracing for?
Old Oct 27, 12, 9:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by itsme View Post
Isn't elite status, especially 1K, supposed to get one their calls to UA answered more promptly? I was just told that at present, 11PM EST on a Saturday, that I could expect a 30 minute wait?!
I got a "busy signal" after provide my 1K account.

.... Might this be somehow related to the expect disruptions on account of the storm that us Easterners are bracing for?
look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...el-waiver.html to get an idea of the size of the impact -- 30+ airports affected.
Old Oct 27, 12, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Isn't elite status, especially 1K, supposed to get one their calls to UA answered more promptly? I was just told that at present, 11PM EST on a Saturday, that I could expect a 30 minute wait?! Might this be somehow related to the expect disruptions on account of the storm that us Easterners are bracing for?
Watch the news. They don't call it Frankenstorm for nothing. This is one of the biggest storms of the century! It's 1,600 miles long and is expected to have a MAJOR IMPACT on all states between North Carolina and Maine. Hundreds of flights on Monday have already been canceled.

And you haven't been able to figure out that is the definite reason for the delays?
Old Oct 27, 12, 9:51 pm

Programs: 1K; Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
I got a "busy signal" after provide my 1K account.
Me too. Another change I will like.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 27, 12 at 10:37 pm Reason: fix html
Old Oct 27, 12, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Was taken care of within :30 -- but my number is definitely recognized by the system.

No more FTdbaDB
Old Oct 27, 12, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I've called 4 times in the last 3 weeks and once I entered my MP # and said "existing reservations" i was through to a competent live agent in less than 5 seconds each time
Old Oct 27, 12, 10:01 pm

Seriously, when some folks are possibly about to loose everything they own due to a major hurricane, people are posting redundant, "A Change I Will Like" stuff inferring extended hold times are being caused by a non-caring, non-responsive airline?
Old Oct 27, 12, 10:04 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry

I got through in seconds last night, though I was greeted with "premier line" instead of "1K line." Still, I imagine Sandy has the lines jammed at the moment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: