Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting through the 1k line or any line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone getting through the 1k line or any line?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Often1
If you are paying $1.6/min for a call, that's another story and has nothing to do with air travel.
I would ... if I still flew UA.

How much are you paying if say you are stuck in Seoul outside of an Internet connection or in BKK without working Skype btw?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by weero
I would ... if I still flew UA.

How much are you paying if say you are stuck in Seoul outside of an Internet connection or in BKK without working Skype btw?
I go to the nearest Starbucks, McDonalds, or any other establishment to use their wifi so I can skype. Anything beats paying $1.60 per minute.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Lots
I called on Friday evening when I got the notification of IAD-SAV being cancelled and again about 30 minutes ago. Both times talking to an agent within 30 seconds of navigating througn HAL. On Friday I was actually told I had reached the 1k desk! I've had a lot of complaints about UA post merger but they've handled my travel disruptions from the hurricane as well as could be expected. I suspect it's because they've had so much experience with flight delays and cancellations over the past several months.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ezefllying
..they're searching multiple flight options, manually changing tickets, waiving connection rules and making executive decisions regarding rebooking a Y pax in C or F..
Not my experience - I had to call to fix an itin and not only did I not get any accommodation but was simply turned away with lies about the actual flight load, minimum transfer times, and routing alternatives.

Very much not an 'executive decision' in any shape or form. More something a zero-empowered SQ agent would do if you call regarding award travel.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I could not get through all Saturday night to the 1k line and got busy signals or a all back later message. Sunday on my way to my brothers I figured why not try and if not then drive to ohare to do it in person. In about 5 minutes a guy gets on the phone and reroutes me for my ord-sjo round trip. Kept upgrades intake and will get original routing credit to hit 100k after this trip. Overall i'm happy with the outcome but not happy 1k line says call back or check the website.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:01 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I think the weird thing here is how wildly different the hold times are for different posters. I've been rebooked four times since the waiver (all via the phone) and I've never had to wait more than 15 seconds on hold. And I've gotten very good agents. But there are lots of 1Ks on here with hour-plus hold times.

So, while I'm frankly very happy with the service I've gotten, I'm really puzzled as to why some of us are getting instant service and others are getting screwed (and it's not sorted by status, afaict).
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by QBK
But there are lots of 1Ks on here with hour-plus hold times.
They are calling the non-existent 1k line
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:38 pm

I called the premier number that's on the back of my card today. No lines, no waiting. I rebooked my flight and was off the phone in about 60 seconds. I didn't even have to give the rep my confirmation number. Weird, but much appreciated.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Biggest storms ever? We ASSUME it's a big storm but have little evidence that it'll be huge. More importantly changes online have not been enabled.
What do you have to say about your assumption now? None of the meteorologists assumed that this would be a big storm. All the the projections that the storm would hit landfall somewhere between NYC and DELMAR peninsula were spot on. Never were there forecasts which suggested that this wasn't a big storm.

So now that all the projections were spot-on, what do you have to say, huh?

I suppose global warming is just an assumption insofar as your concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.