Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting through the 1k line or any line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone getting through the 1k line or any line?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
I'm now at three hours on hold. Lame.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:08 pm

I just passed the 40 min mark for 1k

Originally Posted by repus
I just passed the 40 min mark for 1k
I got through after 55 minutes. Downside, there are no flight options before the storm.

We are going to drive to Chicago and then fly from there on monday.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 28, 2012 at 2:42 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
If you can stomach a call to a United call center in an int'l location, you can get through.

I had zero luck getting through here in the States, wife got through a United rep in Japan easily.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I was on hold about 35min, had a nice chat with an agent who sounded very tired but ready to continue on helping people.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by LilAbner

Millions on East Coast brace for impact ahead of rare storm!!!

911 operators in 18 states have been directed to only answer calls from 1K's for the next three days! Anyone needing emergency help should just suck it up until all the 1K's get their flights straightened out to their satisfaction and with the prompt assistance of only operators that answer "1K Desk! May I assist you? Oh Great One"!
That's great to know that United has donated its CS agents to help in the storm! Seriously I can't spell non-sequitor but this is one if I ever saw it. United is in business to provide reliable and safe air transportation to its customers (I have tried to quote the CEO as accurately as I can recall). If the reliability and the safety are compromised then United should do what is reasonable to accomodate its customers. That doesn't include United CS agents putting out sandbags to prevent flooding. Nor rescuing Grandma Bazooka Joe's cat from the tree. Since United CS agents are NOT engaged in those activities they should not be overly burdened to attend to the needs of the business' customers. Unless of course United has moved all CS operations to the eastern seaboard which would be news to me (and everyone else).
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by greathustle
I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I've called 4 times in the last 3 weeks and once I entered my MP # and said "existing reservations" i was through to a competent live agent in less than 5 seconds each time
it works for me 3 hours ago.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AMTRAK
Originally Posted by CDKing
I have EWR-BOS cancelled for tomorrow. I cant get through to elite line. My flights YUM-LAX-EWR are still intact. They wont cancel those on me just becasue i lost my final segment? I'm feeling i have a better chance if I get stuck in EWR than on the west coast or another hub. Sorry I may have close to 1/2 million miles in the last 5 years but this will be my second ever Irop. Bus from NYC area to MA are still running
It was nice meeting you at the UA Club in LAX on Saturday.

My return Monday SFO-BOS was cancelled too... Currently rebooked on Tuesday afternoon flight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck and safe travels!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
Just called the 1K line to reschedule. Was only on hold for six minutes. Spoke to a very knowledgeable and efficient agent in Chicago.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:10 am

Just hit 3 hrs now......still waiting, on top of it, now i have the ad memorized.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:21 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
47 minutes on hold and counting( 30 minutes est on initiation of call).

At least my cancelled flight is still available for purchase.

Originally Posted by ralfp
47 minutes on hold and counting( 30 minutes est on initiation of call).

At least my cancelled flight is still available for purchase.
Now 1 hour... trying a second phone at the same time.

My reservation still looks okay, as the flight is still available for purchase. If I try to change my flight, I am offered... the same flight. Seriously?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 28, 2012 at 2:43 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:24 am

After I was on hold for about 40 minutes with my home phone, I decided to make another call with my iphone (and I didn't hang up my home phone) and got an agent after waiting for about 3 minutes. The friendly agent rebooked my transcon to full economy fare on AC. Hopefully I will arrive the east coast before Sandy's impact.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I called in at 1 am Frankfurt time last night -- no problems from this end. About 15 seconds between 1k line ads starting and speaking to an agent.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:25 am

I've got 3 lines going -Paris where I'm located w/ my cell, the premier line (i'm a mere gold) on land line , and the regular line on Skype. All running about 40-55 minutes so far -- tomorrow's flight to IAD cancelled...sigh...today's flight sold out...and oh dear ... my landline rate rate covers unlimited foreign calls of one hour in length -- I guess'll try another country..
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:47 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Called the GS line at 230 am Central time today.

Recording said that they were busy but if you press "1" you will be directed a Premier agent faster. Pressed "1" and after about 15 seconds the line was answered "Premier Desk" and I asked the agent to help me.

After she was finished, I asked her if she was talking to a lot of GS customers tonight. She said a lot as they didn't want to wait on hold for a GS agent to answer.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
Since we've been comparing aa and ua of late, I think the following is extremely revealing:

- called ua line 5 times as a 1k, and each time given a busy signal and hung up on

- called aa line as an explat, and a dedicated explat rep answered within 15 seconds

This Tells me a lot about who I'm going to fly with next year if I want to actually speak to the airline that's getting my money!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.