Wiki Posts
Search

No OLCI for international?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, MP 1K, Global entry.
No OLCI for international?

Ua app will not complete olci, says my documents need to be verified.

Since I can't Check in online, does this mean I can't CPU @ 24 hrs for my first (domestic) leg?

It seems ridiculous that this is my fourth trip to the same destination this year and they cant keep track of my pp/visa data.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Inability to checkin has nothing to do with CPU upgrades. Your CPU will still process "as normal" if R space opens up and you're next in line.

<Edited this part out - I didn't see the OP already made the trip this year>

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Oct 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Inability to checkin has nothing to do with CPU upgrades. Your CPU will still process "as normal" if R space opens up and you're next in line.

Your docs have to be verified at the airport and there's no way around that. Once they are verified they will be stored in your profile so that you won't have to do this again in the future.

-RM
But the OP stated he's already made the same trip several times this year. My understanding is that once UA has a swipe of your passport/ visa on file then you're good to go for OLCI.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
More info needed....

OP: post where you are going to.. SOME markets do a manual visa check as required which can prevent OLCI (e.g. China and Taiwan)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Headed to Riyadh, but, I even get manually checked returning to the states.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI

<Edited this part out - I didn't see the OP already made the trip this year>

-RM
How can I be in line for a standby CPU if I can't get Checked in?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
But the OP stated he's already made the same trip several times this year. My understanding is that once UA has a swipe of your passport/ visa on file then you're good to go for OLCI.
Definitely not in my case. I can OLCI outbound from the US to India, but every single time manual check of my PP is required in India to return to the US.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
That has not been my experience. Many trips on ex-US trips on UA to visa-requiring countries, every single one with multiple trips. I've yet to get true OLCI (e.g. a valid boarding pass), even though my visas and passport are good for greater than 1+ year.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:11 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
You can check in, but not print BPs until your passport has been verified by a real person. You can give the passport number all you want, it makes no difference. If UA have your passport number on file, it makes no difference. They have to have a human being take a glance at it. But you can check in.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1P
You can check in, but not print BPs until your passport has been verified by a real person. You can give the passport number all you want, it makes no difference. If UA have your passport number on file, it makes no difference. They have to have a human being take a glance at it. But you can check in.
I think it depends on the destination. For some you can get a BP.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Biginch
How can I be in line for a standby CPU if I can't get Checked in?
If you're elite you are in line for a CPU regardless of when you check in. For the battlefield (gate) upgrade the last tiebreaker (after status and fare class) is check in time, but it sounds like everyone will be in the same boat as you.

Last edited by njcommodore; Oct 22, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by Biginch
Ua app will not complete olci, says my documents need to be verified.

Since I can't Check in online, does this mean I can't CPU @ 24 hrs for my first (domestic) leg?

It seems ridiculous that this is my fourth trip to the same destination this year and they cant keep track of my pp/visa data.
This happened to me tonight as well, trying to check in for a TATL leaving tomorrow. I've traveled plenty on this passport and on United internationally. I've never previously had any kind of glitch trying to using OLCI with any airline. I spoke with 3 different agents and web support (only one of whom spoke fluent English). Got slightly different stories from each, but all indicated this was some type of 'random' security thing. Hmmm.

Originally Posted by 1P
Alas, not true in my case. I've gone through the check-in motions (twice) and received 2 emails stating I am checked in. However, I am not actually checked in, either on the website or in the reservation system. Ironically, the only reason I discovered any of this was that I called the Premier line at T-24 to find out why I had no upgrade but my reservation no longer said "upgrade requested." I told the agent I had checked in, but he kept saying he couldn't see it on his computer. Otherwise, I stupidly would have assumed that when I went through the check-in procedures on the website, got a screen message thanking me for having checked in, and received a confirmation email, I was, in fact, checked in.

The one agent who understood what I meant by the standby upgrade list swore this would not affect my chances of my (miles) upgrade clearing tomorrow. Of course, that is the same agent who originally swore that there was no such list for my flight in the first place. I know in principle the priority order should be status, fare and time of request, no matter what time I am checked in. But my confidence in anything about this reservation working normally tomorrow has been greatly diminished.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by 1P
Not true. You're not checked in because when this happens to me I'm not on the upgrade standby list.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Not true. You're not checked in because when this happens to me I'm not on the upgrade standby list.
No need for a human to verify. I've been getting my passport scanned by the chicken lately. I haven't been able to get a boarding pass, even though UA has my data on file, since last year. This includes TATL and TPAC travel.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The post 3/3 chicken cannot scan chipless passports, at least not mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.