Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL United Club - First Timer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by PHLesq
The men's room at the UA Club is indeed a disgrace. Aside from both urinals covered in yellow police tape, the floor tile is cracking and the toilet stalls are so narrow they wouldn't qualify for Y seating on Spirit. Can't imagine why they ignored the bathrooms when they renovated a year or so ago.

I use this Club often, but am afraid it's going to close. If it stays open, they will either need to fix the bathrooms soon, or just give up and send us to the public RR down the hall.
I don't think it will close soon. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. The possibility of a US/AA merger has me realizing that this may be the only club I'll be able to access at some point.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
The staff and food are on par with other United Clubs, but structurally this continues to be the worst lounge in my opinion. Hidden away, small, and a disgraceful bathroom.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
can we still email photos to [email protected]? This would be a great example of something that execs need to see.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by cleanfloor
Is it not the standard (horrendous) coffee they serve in all the other clubs? diamond something?
You mean FreshPoo coffee?

I frequently visit when I'm departing from the F gates (the US Club in F is closed until sometime next year).... much closer to the bus between Terminals C and F than either of the other two US lounges. Facility badly needs a refresh but the dragon, bartender, and other staff are extremely friendly.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 20, 2012 at 1:24 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
+1 on the comments on the Envoy club. I was there a couple of years ago and it was lovely. I remember beautiful platters of cut fresh fruit... Did not know it has been "downgraded" now so can't comment on that.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by alexperi
+1 on the comments on the Envoy club. I was there a couple of years ago and it was lovely. I remember beautiful platters of cut fresh fruit... Did not know it has been "downgraded" now so can't comment on that.
I haven't seen that there. Both times I went into the A club, the offerings were absolutely identical to the offerings in the B/C club.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
PHL *A clubs vs. DL club

I agree with all the other posts that the PHL United Club gets the job done in a pinch but isn't espcially nice, and that the US Air Club in B/C is more spacious with a somewhat better spread. When flying United through PHL, I usally opt for the Delta club. It's pretty small, but the decor is fresh (recently renovated), I prefer the snack mix selection in DL clubs, and the wifi is always reliable. I also like being able to make my own drink.

DL Club access in PHL (even though I fly United through there about 15x annually) is the primary reason I opt to keep the DL club membership rather than going for the DL Reserve Amex, because without the actual membership, I couldn't get into the DL Club when ticketed on other airlines.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance, Skymiles, Oneworld
thanks for all these insights

expecting a long wait time at PHL today and glad to see the general consensus for the PHL United Club lounge is "it gets the job done" -- just like philly -- not great, but eh'
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The new bathrooms should be done soon. I always have liked this lounge--I know the people and it really does get the job done. Plus, even at peak times I've never had trouble getting a seat.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
The new bathrooms should be done soon. I always have liked this lounge--I know the people and it really does get the job done. Plus, even at peak times I've never had trouble getting a seat.
Was in PHL-UC yesterday. Asked CSR when they think they would be complete. She had no clue and said that construction had stop due to some "unforeseen conditions". So, who knows when it will be done.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Plus, even at peak times I've never had trouble getting a seat.
That's because no one else ever wants to go in there.

The last three times I passed through PHL, I went to the B/C USC instead. Mmm, oatmeal...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by airarchtx
Was in PHL-UC yesterday. Asked CSR when they think they would be complete. She had no clue and said that construction had stop due to some "unforeseen conditions". So, who knows when it will be done.
They can not tell you when because UA has nothing to do with the reno. It is the city doing the remodel on the restrooms and due to some city issues it will be a very long time before it is complete.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by goldiemack
I agree with all the other posts that the PHL United Club gets the job done in a pinch but isn't espcially nice, and that the US Air Club in B/C is more spacious with a somewhat better spread. When flying United through PHL, I usally opt for the Delta club. It's pretty small, but the decor is fresh (recently renovated), I prefer the snack mix selection in DL clubs, and the wifi is always reliable. I also like being able to make my own drink.

DL Club access in PHL (even though I fly United through there about 15x annually) is the primary reason I opt to keep the DL club membership rather than going for the DL Reserve Amex, because without the actual membership, I couldn't get into the DL Club when ticketed on other airlines.
Well the B/C club is the US hub club, you would expect it to be spacious.

Originally Posted by airarchtx
Probably some issues with the union conract. Heck what did it take over a year to complete the new DL club.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
The bathrooms in the UC club are being renovated by Philadelphia city union workers. It has been months, and will be months more for completion. Ridiculous, but that is politics and unions.

The staff in the club has to be some of the best people in the system, fantastic people. They have helped me out with travel problems for almost two decades.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I like the layout of the PHL United Club, especially after they did a refurbishment a few years ago, and it's usually quiet. However, the bathroom is an embarrassment. If you blindfolded someone and put them in it, then removed the blindfold and said "guess where you are?" they'd probably guess "a public school bathroom".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.