Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fastair FFCC (displaced $/miles F/J passangers) list SHARES equivalent: REV/PR1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastair FFCC (displaced $/miles F/J passangers) list SHARES equivalent: REV/PR1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K-MM
Question Fastair FFCC (displaced $/miles F/J passangers) list SHARES equivalent: REV/PR1

Under pmUA, when you were waitlisted for an award ticket segment which wasn't in the class of service your award ticket was booked in, you were entitled to be on the FFCC list day of departure, which put you ahead of almost all upgraders (pmUA thread: Entitled to FFCC list? ). My question is, does the FFCC list still exist? If not, does SHARES have an equivalent list?

The reason I am asking is that I have booked award travel for a family member who rarely flies, and has a waitlisted segment, and I want to make sure they have the correct information when the get to the airport.

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:44 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
The closest thing would be listed with PR-1 status-- or at least that's what it use to be called, I am unsure as to how its changed since the merger.

Back in the day PR-1 was used for displaced F/J passengers (e.g. you've paid for an F/J ticket with $/miles but were seated in Y) and trumped pretty much everything else, however a GA would almost certainly know more about this than I.

Last edited by J.Edward; Oct 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

The FFCC was supposed to be automatic (although many times you had to have them do it manually). Was PR-1 something automatic?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:34 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
As far as I can see while adding F/J class passengers to the standby list for an earlier flight, usually it will clear them automatically when space available either in coach or premium cabin and would add them to the top of the Upgrade list under the code REV/PR1 depending on type of ticket and what class the passenger was cleared in. REV trumps PR1 on the list. REV is designated for purchased premium cabin tickets while PR1 is award premium tickets. Both are the equivalent of the FFCC of the FastAir/Apollo feature. Hopefully this may help with your question. If more info is need, I am always up for trying to research an answer.

-Cle-
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

So basically, when checking in at the airport and you aren't in your ticketed (award) cabin, you just have to ask if you are on the PR1 list?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Recently when my flight was cancelled on me and my weeks before confirmed upgrade (for cash with V-UP) was lost when rebooked on the next day's flight.

The UC Dragons (actually - could not be further from the truth - three of them trying to help me as closing time came and went) talked to the help desk. They told her that I should be on the $UPG#U list (that is supposed to be the cross of lorraine, not a hash), that it was higher than PR1 for such a situation. They conferred amongst themselves and decided that this was the closest equivalent to FFCC that existed in the SHARES era.

Don't know if it mattered, since there were no open F seats to clear the next day and I sat in a center seat.

Greg
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Lightman7
So basically, when checking in at the airport and you aren't in your ticketed (award) cabin, you just have to ask if you are on the PR1 list?
Close, but I believe the terminology would be to ask to be added to the airport standby list using standby priority "PR1" since you purchased a premium cabin mileage ticket, but are seated in the economy cabin.

The goal is to leapfrog to the top of the upgrade standby list.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
...what's FFCC?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
...what's FFCC?
See posts 6 and 8 in the pmUA thread I linked in the first post. Evidently it doesn't exist anymore for UA since the move to SHARES.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
...what's FFCC?
"Full Fare Class Change"

It was for passagners that were entitled to a premuim cabin seat but holding a seat assignement in a lower cabin.

An example with a FC domestic award ticket but no FC award space at booking on one segment.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:07 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Originally Posted by greg99
Recently when my flight was cancelled on me and my weeks before confirmed upgrade (for cash with V-UP) was lost when rebooked on the next day's flight.

The UC Dragons (actually - could not be further from the truth - three of them trying to help me as closing time came and went) talked to the help desk. They told her that I should be on the $UPG#U list (that is supposed to be the cross of lorraine, not a hash), that it was higher than PR1 for such a situation. They conferred amongst themselves and decided that this was the closest equivalent to FFCC that existed in the SHARES era.

Don't know if it mattered, since there were no open F seats to clear the next day and I sat in a center seat.

Greg
UPG is just a generic entry mostly used to add to the list as a CPU while REV or PR1 or one of it's subvariants (as there are a few before the CPU codes) are what needed to be entered in place of UPG. Not sure what exactly they might have typed nor exactly what fare code your etkt adjusted to with the cash upgrade as that would restrict using the UPG code.

Hopefully that answers a question or two about the situation.
-Cle-
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by CleUnited
Hopefully that answers a question or two about the situation.
-Cle-
Thanks for this. That would explain some of the confusion.

The agents were *very* frustrated with SHARES and worked extremely hard to try and get me an F seat, but they had sort of reached the limits of their knowledge, and the help desk wasn't being terribly helpful.

We commisserated over the changeover, and I explained that I had cut my chops as a corporate travel agent with PARS back in the day (which drew "wow, really?" from them), so they were going above and beyond for me.

I've separately submitted my request for compensation for the overnight delay and downgrade. Will be interesting to see what happens, but that's a whole different thread...

Greg
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Something similar to the old FFCC List

SO here is a technical question on the new shares computer system I need some help with.

I have booked an award reservation for some friends as a gift, going to Hawaii. The LAX-LIH portion was available in I and IN, so I confirmed that. The ORD-LAX portion of their reservation was only available in XN.

I was able to book them for the IN pricing (40k each way), even though ORD-LAX was in XN

The question is - the old UA computer system had an FFCC list which put those that "Paid" for the higher class on the waiting list above upgrades. Does shares have something similar, and how does that work, so that I can best assist my friends on their trip?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The agent should waitlist them for IN or I space for the flight.

If they are still waitlisted on day of travel, you'll need to mention that fact to the check-in agent, but don't use the word "upgrade" - that'll confuse them.

And yes, IIRC from a post by fastair, it's a separate list from the upgrade list.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Under the sCO SHARES system, the term used by FlyerTalk users to describe this phenomenon was "plan B" — the idea was that you become a displaced BusinessFirst passenger who has paid for the premium cabin but have not yet been accommodated in it. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...rd-travel.html for a short, lucid discussion of the protocol including a way to ask agents how to help you get onto the departure-management list with the correct priority.

There has not been a huge amount of discussion of this working recently, so, good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.