Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I guess it all depends on the agility of the passenger. To be polite, let's say that the passenger in the window seat was rotund. I did not want her behind in my face and I did not want her to lose her equilibrium and crush me. I always stand up to let passengers as I don't want to force ladies (or gentlemen) to touch me. On night flights, I tell them to wake me up if they need to get out. That plane does not have as much legroom in the exit row as the 767. I flew one of those coming back from MUC and it does have a lots of legroom. The 757, not so much.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks all!

I think I will stay with 7B unless an aisle seat in E+ opens up. Currently, there are none, and I value the ability to get up without bothering somebody more than the extra privacy of the window.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: CO Gold
Help with seat availability for flight

Booked 2 seats in Business for a flight. During the booking process there were no seats available to choose from but it still let me go ahead and purchase the tickets.

I checked ExpertFlyer to see if seats were blocked. It showed all seats occupied but row 4AB was completely missing. Not blocked, occupied, available but just not there. Any idea what this means? Are there really 2 seats available? Thanks.

Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They exist and are blocked but will be unblocked around time of check-in or a bit before.
JPirkle likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by JPirkle
Booked 2 seats in Business for a flight. During the booking process there were no seats available to choose from but it still let me go ahead and purchase the tickets.

I checked ExpertFlyer to see if seats were blocked. It showed all seats occupied but row 4AB was completely missing. Not blocked, occupied, available but just not there. Any idea what this means? Are there really 2 seats available? Thanks.

They exist and are available, just can't be assigned now. If I am not mistaken, it is programmed into the system to block those 2 seats for crew rest on Int'l flights. When they use that equipment for domestic (of shorter haul Int'l) those seats come available between 48-72 hours before departure. Don't wait until check in as they are likely to be gone by then.
JPirkle and bdw1120 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
.... Don't wait until check in as they are likely to be gone by then.
Not if cabin is now F0, UApays attention to inventory not seatmap.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

4AB are blocked -- UA implements two different kinds of blocks, and seats which are blocked for crew or operational reasons are "hard blocked" to the point of getting deleted from the GDS seatmap (like you see above). The seats will unblock around T-60h, assuming that you are indeed flying a route that does not have an augmented crew.
JPirkle likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by findark
4AB are blocked -- UA implements two different kinds of blocks, and seats which are blocked for crew or operational reasons are "hard blocked" to the point of getting deleted from the GDS seatmap (like you see above). The seats will unblock around T-60h, assuming that you are indeed flying a route that does not have an augmented crew.
Thanks all for the help. This is for a domestic not intl route. Any chance if I called in to United they would assign the seats or do I have to wait for the system to auto unblock them?

If I have to wait I guess Ill set up a seat alert. Thanks again.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
You'll have to wait for the system -- at a technical level they don't exist so not even UA can assign them. It happens around midnight Central time the night before T-48; it's the same time that the flight becomes normally available for Flight Status. If you are prompt about logging in you can get the seats without a lot of competition since this is not a well known fact.
JPirkle likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the help. This is for a domestic not intl route. Any chance if I called in to United they would assign the seats or do I have to wait for the system to auto unblock them?

If I have to wait I guess Ill set up a seat alert. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by findark
You'll have to wait for the system -- at a technical level they don't exist so not even UA can assign them. It happens around midnight Central time the night before T-48; it's the same time that the flight becomes normally available for Flight Status. If you are prompt about logging in you can get the seats without a lot of competition since this is not a well known fact.
Yes, in this case (for J) and for the agnostic 753 map (for Y), it often pays dividends to start checking the seat map at T-72.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:29 am

missing seats

Looking to book on United first class Boeing 757-200. Shows four rows two seats each side but row 4 seat a and b are missing. Just shows an empty open space. Why???
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Joeyson
Looking to book on United first class Boeing 757-200. Shows four rows two seats each side but row 4 seat a and b are missing. Just shows an empty open space. Why???
Welcome to FlyerTalk and especially the United threads!

I think that this map is showing because they reserve these seats for if it's a flight that needs crew rest seats (long haul international). If you are on a domestic flight, the seats will eventually appear on the seat map and passengers will be able to choose them.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
On a domestic route, the seats will magically appear between T-72 and T-48. Meantime, UA will sell the cabin to 16, even though the seat map only shows 14.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just flew one of these IAH-EWR on saturday in 1F. OOF....I'm 6"1, but had to have my legs bent when the seat was reclined. When the seats go into bed mode, the seats don't go "back". They slide down, reducing leg room significantly. Pretty disappointing.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BThumme
Just flew one of these IAH-EWR on saturday in 1F. OOF....I'm 6"1, but had to have my legs bent when the seat was reclined. When the seats go into bed mode, the seats don't go "back". They slide down, reducing leg room significantly. Pretty disappointing.
Wrong thread. The 752s are all lie-flat.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...eatmap-10.html

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 10, 2018 at 7:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.