Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is what I see for a new booking and for an existing reservation. Mobile is similar -- all showing lie flat seats
Not for me, website or mobile:

Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by tromer
Not for me, website or mobile:

Am I the only one seeing this? The change from the lie-flat icon to the blue square happens on November 1. I'd like to know why before booking.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Am I the only one seeing this? The change from the lie-flat icon to the blue square happens on November 1. I'd like to know why before booking.
No worry. It is just a display error. UA IT is having a lot of problems recently.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
As others have said, this is a display error. All f United's 757-200 aircraft have lie-flat seats in F.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by swgsword
Appears that there is a second version now of the 16J configuration, leaving 2 pairs of seats in row 21 and no seat in front of 22A/22F. Anyone have experience with these? Why are these not marked as economy plus?
Originally Posted by Kacee
They've slimlined it to fit in seven more seats. Y pitch now down to 30' in some seats.

Unclear to me whether they've downgraded 21/22, or whether that's an error. At the very least, surely 22A and 22F should be E+?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If Row 22 had the legspace for E+, UA would be selling it as E+. I would go by UA's determination.
Originally Posted by Gilbum
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...irst-look/amp/

Realize UA doesn’t market row 22 as EC, but this article led me to believe it might be almost if not the same as EC, hence was trying to solicit perspective from community or anyone that could shed light on if I’m totally off base. Why pay $300 for EC, if 22 is almost/just as good?
Anyone have a definitive on Row 22 for Version 3? There was an equipment change that moved one of us to 22A with no seat directly in front. Does 22B have E+ish legroom or should we just move up?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I see the squares instead of the "pods" for a November flight too, but am not concerned.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:24 pm

Am also seeing squares for a transcon EWR-SFO in November. But still shows as polaris. Can anyone confirm that it is still lie-flat in J? Otherwise I will attempt to change.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by a.tall.guy
Am also seeing squares for a transcon EWR-SFO in November. But still shows as polaris. Can anyone confirm that it is still lie-flat in J? Otherwise I will attempt to change.
If it is a UA operated 752. it has lie-flat in J (but not the Polaris seat).
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:48 pm

A party of two. We'll be flying on an early am flight BOS-SFO and on a redeye SFO-BOS, both on 752 in business class. All four bulkhead seats are available. Which are preferable? Do seats 1A and 1B come with a wider footwell than 1E and 1D, but are also 3 inches shorter?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iker
A party of two. We'll be flying on an early am flight BOS-SFO and on a redeye SFO-BOS, both on 752 in business class. All four bulkhead seats are available. Which are preferable? Do seats 1A and 1B come with a wider footwell than 1E and 1D, but are also 3 inches shorter?
1AB & 1EF same footwell and length. For pax under 6ft tall, the seat length difference compared to other seats doesn't matter. For heights above that, you have to pick side sleep with knees bent or back sleep with legs straight and feet confined.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by iker
I prefer 1E/D for red eye flights due lights from galley are visible while sitting in 1A/B
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

Thank you so much, fumje and UA_Flyer. We booked seats 1D & 1F for the SFO-BOS legs.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by hsawaknow
Anyone have a definitive on Row 22 for Version 3? There was an equipment change that moved one of us to 22A with no seat directly in front. Does 22B have E+ish legroom or should we just move up?
My wife and I just flew KOA>DEN and ended up on the version without seats in front of 22A and F. I had paid a seat selection fee of $33 after booking on a layout with a seat map that showed the seats in 21A/F. The day before the flight we ended up being moved a couple rows further back. When I tried to change us back on the app it was trying to charge us another $33 to move back there. I called in and explained to the rep that I had paid for 22A/F already and she moved us back there.

About half the fleet have the new layout without the seat in 21A/F and the other half do, We were fortunate to end up within the layout that didn’t have the seat, so mega legroom for both of us. We also had the bonus of no one sitting in B or E. It did seem like normal legroom for B/C/D/E and the A/F seats had the tray table in the arm rest, so the seat was a little narrower and the armrests couldn’t be raised. I would definitely try to get these seats again. The buy up for row 21 was around $180/pp, which I considered doing but I could tell the plane we would end up on was the better layout. Out of a major hub there might be more of a risk of a swap. YMMV
hsawaknow likes this.

Last edited by birdiedouble; Oct 21, 2022 at 5:00 am
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
When I tried to change us back on the app it was trying to charge us another $33 to move back there. I called in and explained to the rep that I had paid for 22A/F already and she moved us back there.
Just a general note if you don't have time to call in the future - if you pay for multiple seat assignments on the same flight, all of the payments except the last one should be refunded after travel. Not ideal, but sometimes you can't be bothered to call someone right away.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
How limited is the recline in row 20 - none, or just less than typical?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.