Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yonatan
... Do you prefer the bulkhead to Row 21 because there's more space there and/or it's easier to get out of the window seat without disturbing seatmates?
yes and faster exiting and less sense of being in the sea of economy passengers.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Seats in Row 20 do not recline
WineCountryUA the wiki says that they have limited (not no) recline. I suspected that this was wrong (do seats directly in front of an EE ever recline?) but since I wasn't sure I didn't want to change it. Should this be updated (and also should it include info about row 12)?

Personally I always just assume that anything in front of an EE row won't recline and therefore avoid those seats, even if they are EE themselves.

21F continues to be my go-to seat; it always seems to be available when I book. It seems that people prefer E+ seats closer to the front rather than having a reclinable seat with EE legroom with the seat in front of you being unable to recline.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta, United, American
1A Footwell info

I’ve read galley light/noise is issue for 1A/B vs 1E/F but are foot wells the exact mirror image of each other?

1E/F is taken but considering 1A over multiple options in 2-4 on redeye transcon.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clintonuws
I’ve read galley light/noise is issue for 1A/B vs 1E/F but are foot wells the exact mirror image of each other?

1E/F is taken but considering 1A over multiple options in 2-4 on redeye transcon.
Same footwells.

Tangentially, I am pretty sure 1EF is about an inch or two shorter (in full recline) than is 1AB.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by clintonuws

1A/B are great seats
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by fumje
Same footwells.

Tangentially, I am pretty sure 1EF is about an inch or two shorter (in full recline) than is 1AB.
My recollection is the same - but I'd take 1EF over anything utside of the bulkhead row.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Am booked on the 752 in F on DEN-EWR at the end of the month and EF is showing 3AB and 4AB as blocked, but flight is J4 — any idea why they'd be blocking 4 F seats (but still selling them) and when these will open up?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by truncated
Am booked on the 752 in F on DEN-EWR at the end of the month and EF is showing 3AB and 4AB as blocked, but flight is J4 — any idea why they'd be blocking 4 F seats (but still selling them) and when these will open up?
At least 2 752 seats are usually automatically blocked for crew rest as the a/c is used for int'l flights (Europe), but will open the seats for selection in last 7 days for domestic flights.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 15, 2021 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Question 757-200 (Lie Flat) Row 1 Question

Is row 1 better, worse, or the same as others? I've been told is has "more room", but is it missing a window? I have the choice between 1F and 3F. Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Row 1 has the full size footwell instead of the tiny cubby hole the other rows get for your feet.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:02 am
Suspended

Awesome, thanks! What's the window situation? Is there more than 1?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
1F is my preferred seat on the 752, as long as you don't mind climbing over a sleeping pax to use the lav. 1F is a bit darker than 1A (galley lights) and has the larger footwell.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:07 am
Suspended

The wiki doesn't say anything about the window situation in row 1, so I'm guessing it's J-class standard?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 8, 2021 at 1:55 pm Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:48 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I'll echo that 1F is actually the best seat. Indeed, the larger foot well, and compared to 1A/B, it sits further back, I found that 1A/B look directly into the galley and is especially disturbing on a redeye flight. 1F is kind of hidden away from the galley, so-to-speak.

As for the window, I sat in it a few weeks ago and I don't recall it being bad in any fashion. There are at least 2 windows, and I think the 3rd is covered by the storage area of the seat.

...I mean, no...1F is horrible. Stay away from it.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:51 am
Suspended

Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.