Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by swgsword
Appears that there is a second version now of the 16J configuration, leaving 2 pairs of seats in row 21 and no seat in front of 22A/22F. Anyone have experience with these? Why are these not marked as economy plus?
They've slimlined it to fit in seven more seats. Y pitch now down to 30' in some seats.

Unclear to me whether they've downgraded 21/22, or whether that's an error. At the very least, surely 22A and 22F should be E+?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by swgsword
Appears that there is a second version now of the 16J configuration, leaving 2 pairs of seats in row 21 and no seat in front of 22A/22F. Anyone have experience with these? Why are these not marked as economy plus?
I can not explain why UA decided against marketing those exit rows as E+, perhaps it means they can cater 10 fewer complimentary meals on PS flights. If you're in E+ sit on the ABC side, you get a couple more inches because row 7 DEF are non exit seats (bulkhead), same number of rows but in less space.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
They've slimlined it to fit in seven more seats. Y pitch now down to 30' in some seats.

Unclear to me whether they've downgraded 21/22, or whether that's an error. At the very least, surely 22A and 22F should be E+?
My 757 to LIH today was switched to the slimlined version on the day of departure. I snagged the 21 EF duo of seats for me and Mrs. Transportprof since they moved us to the least desirable E+ seats in the shuffle, and I figure that having a pair of seats without anyone climbing over us on the way to paradise is worth it.

I'll report back on the actual seating quality in the next day or two.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
I snagged the 21 EF duo of seats for me and Mrs. Transportprof since they moved us to the least desirable E+ seats in the shuffle, and I figure that having a pair of seats without anyone climbing over us on the way to paradise is worth it.
Aren't those non=reclining with E- pitch?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Aren't those non=reclining with E- pitch?
21 EF are in the Exit Row. On the United.com seat map, they are the only seats shown adjacent to an actual overwing exit. So if they do have E- pitch, then the FAA has (again) delegated too much of its regulatory authority to the industry.

I promise a firsthand report after 5+ hours in them. No sacrifice is too much to advance knowledge on Flyertalk.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think it's row 20 on the 28J 752 that's a non-E+ exit row.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
21 EF are in the Exit Row. On the United.com seat map, they are the only seats shown adjacent to an actual overwing exit. So if they do have E- pitch, then the FAA has (again) delegated too much of its regulatory authority to the industry. ....
There are two paths to the door, this is done on other aircraft
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:23 pm

There are two paths to the door, this is done on other aircraft
Noted! And I, for one, would like to have both of those paths wider than 30 inches in case there needs to be a stampede out the exit.

My favorite seating on the A319, before it was enhanced, was the two seat pair adjacent to the over wing exit. Mrs. Transportprof and I spent many pleasant flights in those seats. I'm hoping to recover that special feeling of not having to share a row in Economy with this new configuration on the 757-200. We'll see....
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
The Wiki to this thread says that 10A and 10F have a misaligned window. Seatguru says that it is 11A and 11F that have the misaligned windows. Does anyone know which is correct? Thanks.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...7-200_Flat.php
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:47 am

21 D&E on 160 Y 757

Having recently deplaned from a 757-200 with the new slimline seating, I can now confirm that row 21 D&E are not E+ in pitch. They aren't 30 inches in pitch either, but they were the tightest exit row seats I've ever sat in. But, they are very convenient for traveling as a couple. If I were flying solo, I'd go for 22 A/F which have no seat in front of them.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:02 am

Will be taking the daytime 757-200 IAD-LHR flight in a few months and plan to pay to sit in E+ as I have no status. I'm being offered the following:

1. 8F for $157
2. 7B for $195
3. 7A for $204
4. 21AF for $204

I've read in earlier posts here that in rows 7 and 8, it's possible to get out of any seat without disturbing seatmates, which is a key consideration, but from photos I've seen of Row 21 this doesn't seem to be as true for that row because of the chairs in front leaning back - is that a fair assessment?

How does 7A legroom compare to 8F given that the exit door juts out in front? Also, for row 7, are there often a lot of people congregating right in front?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by yonatan
I've read in earlier posts here that in rows 7 and 8, it's possible to get out of any seat without disturbing seatmates, which is a key consideration, but from photos I've seen of Row 21 this doesn't seem to be as true for that row because of the chairs in front leaning back - is that a fair assessment? ...
Seats in Row 20 do not recline, but I would still personally prefer the bulkheads seats (but they do lack under-seat storage)
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I've searched this thread and can't find any reference to row 12 on the 16J 757. Seatguru, which I take with several grains of salt, says 'limited' recline - as opposed to row 20 with "no" recline. Does 12 actually have any recline at all? Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:13 pm

Seats in Row 20 do not recline, but I would still personally prefer the bulkheads seats (but they do lack under-seat storage)
Thanks for the reply - I had somehow missed it. Do you prefer the bulkhead to Row 21 because there's more space there and/or it's easier to get out of the window seat without disturbing seatmates?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by yonatan
Will be taking the daytime 757-200 IAD-LHR flight in a few months and plan to pay to sit in E+ as I have no status. I'm being offered the following:

1. 8F for $157
2. 7B for $195
3. 7A for $204
4. 21AF for $204

I've read in earlier posts here that in rows 7 and 8, it's possible to get out of any seat without disturbing seatmates, which is a key consideration, but from photos I've seen of Row 21 this doesn't seem to be as true for that row because of the chairs in front leaning back - is that a fair assessment?

How does 7A legroom compare to 8F given that the exit door juts out in front? Also, for row 7, are there often a lot of people congregating right in front?
I've flown that plane often on the transcon routes. 8F is my favorite seat, hands down. Unless you are a very large person, there is ample legroom--my 6' occasional traveling companion can stretch his legs and barely touch the bulkhead. Definitely more legroom than 21AF. The bulkhead has a shallow gap at the bottom large enough to stash a small bag.The main downside is the screen that folds into your armrest, narrowing the seat slightly and preventing on-the-ground viewing.

7ABC have unlimited legroom as they're right behind the boarding area. But the row is far less private than 8DEF, where the bulkhead forms a kind of cubby. 7ABC also gets a lot of galley noise and traffic. Same issue with screens in armrests. IIRC 7A also has a minor door protrusion. I'd definitely skip 7B - I guess 7A would be my second choice from your options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.