Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
Yes, that's the same plane. There's room for a small item under the footrest, although I'm not certain you're actually allowed to put anything there.
It's approved storage.
jsloan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's approved storage.
You replied before I was able to edit my response to match yours.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I like the title of your post: "Confused by United Airlines".

Two years and a half of flying United and I'm still confused.

I saw your last question: No, the carry-on has to go in the bin.
Really? That's strange, cause normally on first class with delta and AA in their pods you can leave them under your feet.
Silly question, cause with delta and AA, the pods were set up in single rows and doubles in center, sp when getting up you did not disturb anyone...this one looks like if you are sitting in a window seat you and wanted to use the RR, you would have to jump over the aisle seat if it was fully reclined and the person was sleeping..am i correct?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:55 pm

Thank you everyone,
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lindalogan
this one looks like if you are sitting in a window seat you and wanted to use the RR, you would have to jump over the aisle seat if it was fully reclined and the person was sleeping..am i correct?
Yes.

So you can place them under your feet?
There's space for a small bag at your feet -- underneath the footrest.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
this one looks like if you are sitting in a window seat you and wanted to use the RR, you would have to jump over the aisle seat if it was fully reclined and the person was sleeping..am i correct?
Correct. The configuration is 2-2, same as DL's 752 and AA's 321.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Correct. The configuration is 2-2, same as DL's 752 and AA's 321.
Same as business class on AA's 321. AA also offers a 1-1 first class product on the transcontinental routes. This is definitely not that, even though UA is marketing it as "first class."
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Really? That's strange, cause normally on first class with delta and AA in their pods you can leave them under your feet.
Sorry, in my answer before, I was referring to rollaboards that have to go in the bin for take-off and landing. My wife had no problems keeping her handbag in that space underneath the footrest during the whole flight.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

thank you as I really need to text my kids while flying
I believe both iMessage and Google Hangouts work on wifi without paying, due to OS-level issues preventing them from being blocked.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm on this plane for the first time, with a companion. I chose 1E and 1F (1F for myself -- I don't like to get up in the middle of a flight and so I like to sit in a corner to minimize any chance that I'm disturbed) Are any of the first class seats more/less roomy than the others?

I'm 6'2 and on a redeye (OGG-SFO) so more space makes it easier for me to get some sleep. On the thread for the other configuration, it's mentioned that 1E and 1F have wider foot wells but shorter bed length (by 3 inches!) .

Also will UA provide amenities (eg, sleep mask) on the red-eyes or should I bring my own? My plan is to down two scotches, put on a mask, and get as much sleep as possible.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The seats in row 1 are a little bit shorter than others (don't know how specific/accurate 3" is) but they also have a much wider/bigger footwell. The seats in Row 1 are the ones which are most different from the others. I think it comes down to how you sleep -- at 6'2" if you like to sleep fully stretched out with knees locked, you will probably be happier squeezing your feet into the longer, narrower footwell. If you curl/bend your knees at all, I (at 6'0") find Row 1 to be more than adequate for sleeping.

OGG-SFO will not have an amenity kit; I would bring your own sleep mask.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh, length vs width; tough call.

Seatguru says 76 inch (6'4) bed length; I assume that that is nonsense?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Seatguru says 76 inch (6'4) bed length; I assume that that is nonsense?
Only by about six to eight inches.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm on this plane for the first time, with a companion. I chose 1E and 1F (1F for myself -- I don't like to get up in the middle of a flight and so I like to sit in a corner to minimize any chance that I'm disturbed) Are any of the first class seats more/less roomy than the others?

I'm 6'2 and on a redeye (OGG-SFO) so more space makes it easier for me to get some sleep. On the thread for the other configuration, it's mentioned that 1E and 1F have wider foot wells but shorter bed length (by 3 inches!) .

Also will UA provide amenities (eg, sleep mask) on the red-eyes or should I bring my own? My plan is to down two scotches, put on a mask, and get as much sleep as possible.
Isn't this route usually served by the 757-200 with 24 recliners and/or the 737-8 or MAX (also recliners)?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by onthesam
Isn't this route usually served by the 757-200 with 24 recliners
UA has no such aircraft. You're thinking of 753.

They sometimes fly the 752 or 772G on SFO-OGG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.