Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old May 6, 2013, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
8F is also usually possible to get out of without making your neighbours get up.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
8F is also usually possible to get out of without making your neighbours get up.
Great. Do you know what the issue is with the "reduced storage space"? Is it just that there's no seat in front of you to put a backpack? (if that's the case, do they let you just keep it at your feet?)
Old May 6, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dmvflyer
Great. Do you know what the issue is with the "reduced storage space"? Is it just that there's no seat in front of you to put a backpack? (if that's the case, do they let you just keep it at your feet?)
There's a bulkhead in front of you, so no storage space there. Everything needs to be overhead for takeoff / landing but there's a reasonable amount of space there to keep a bag out in-flight.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Blocking 4A&B Int'l 757

About to board UA44 EWR to LHR. Y is oversold and the front cabin is showing checked in 14. I've been told that I will not be clearing my GPU because 4a and b are both blocked for international relief pilots and the app is "misleading".

Is this legit or GA BS?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Legit...sorry
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Another reason to stay away from these internationally when possible
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by clubord
Legit...sorry
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Another reason to stay away from these internationally when possible
So the actual BF capacity of a 752 is 14! Definitely steer clear of this in future, the problem is its the only UA day flight to the UK from the NY area. And if I'm not going to get upgraded I'd rather be in E+ on a day flight.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by alex_b
So the actual BF capacity of a 752 is 14! Definitely steer clear of this in future, the problem is its the only UA day flight to the UK from the NY area. And if I'm not going to get upgraded I'd rather be in E+ on a day flight.
Actually it's 15 in BF.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Actually it's 15 in BF.
Doesn't the new pilot contract allow for both 4 A and B for rest, so that they neither have to climb over someone to get to the aisle, nor anyone can climb over them?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:49 am

Doesn't the new pilot contract allow for both 4 A and B for rest, so that they neither have to climb over someone to get to the aisle, nor anyone can climb over them?
Not exactly, 4B must be the last seat released in the BF inventory. It will only be available if coach is completely full.

That's why you see it blocked on the seat map and is only released at the gate once the final passenger count is completed.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not exactly, 4B must be the last seat released in the BF inventory. It will only be available if coach is completely full.

That's why you see it blocked on the seat map and is only released at the gate once the final passenger count is completed.
Understood - but basically on the vast majority of 757 TATL flights (as in, any with at least 1 open Y seat), it's basically a 14 seat BF cabin
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:27 pm

Understood - but basically on the vast majority of 757 TATL flights (as in, any with at least 1 open Y seat), it's basically a 14 seat BF cabin

Except in this case I was told I wasn't being upgraded even with Y full (oversold) as there were "international relief pilots" in 4a and b. in the end there were pilots not in uniform in row 4 and 2.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by alex_b
Except in this case I was told I wasn't being upgraded even with Y full (oversold) as there were "international relief pilots" in 4a and b. in the end there were pilots not in uniform in row 4 and 2.
I took a look at your flight. There were 2 pilots deadheading to London in addition to to the 4A relief pilot seat.

Sorry you missed out on the upgrade.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:55 am

I took a look at your flight. There were 2 pilots deadheading to London in addition to to the 4A relief pilot seat.

Sorry you missed out on the upgrade.
Thanks, I guess it was legit then; presumably deadheading pilots trump GPUs on the list? It was simply the way the GA explained it (with the usual EWR attitude) seemed fairly odd which made me suspicious.

How come that space positive staff flying don't show on the upgrade standby list the way the other non-revs do?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
TATL 757 In Business First

I need to travel to ARN later this year. I am considering EWR-ARN in business first as an option. I have never flown on the 757 internationally and would appreciate any feedback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.