MUCH better phone agent on Kettle line!

Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Talking MUCH better phone agent on Kettle line!

Hi,

Seems Jeff is putting his best phone agents on the General line rather than 1K line now!

I just made a Skype call to the Premier Line - my number didn't take - so I was transferred to the regular line - call answered immediately - when the agent was I was 1K she asked if I wanted to be transferred to my 'designated line'. I declined if she was able to fix what needed fixing - a GPU issue on an itinerary and a reissue of an award ticket. She took care of them both more quickly and efficiently than any Premier LIne agent has dealt with ANYTHING since 3/3.

Light at the end of the tunnel? Kettle only policy? Who knows - but I liked it - and may try the strategy of not putting in my MP number when I call next time.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
I thought that entering your MP# gets you routed to the "1K desk", not your phone#.
I frequently call in from my GF's phone, say my MP#, and get to a "1K desk"
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PG, Hyatt Plat, SPG, AAadvantage
Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
I thought that entering your MP# gets you routed to the "1K desk", not your phone#.
I frequently call in from my GF's phone, say my MP#, and get to a "1K desk"
I think that's the OP's point. By not entering one's MP #, one gets to talk to an "kettle desk" agent, and in this case they seem to be good.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
Originally Posted by mallodi
I think that's the OP's point. By not entering one's MP #, one gets to talk to an "kettle desk" agent, and in this case they seem to be good.
hmm, OP wrote "I just made a Skype call to the Premier Line - my number didn't take - so I was transferred to the regular line"
which could imply phone# didn't take (due to skype) or it didn't take his MP#
I assumed the former but maybe the latter is what he meant.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
hmm, OP wrote "I just made a Skype call to the Premier Line - my number didn't take - so I was transferred to the regular line"
which could imply phone# didn't take (due to skype) or it didn't take his MP#
I assumed the former but maybe the latter is what he meant.
Whenver I call it recognizes my phone number and then knows that I'm elite.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Based on a couple experiences, I am not sure there is much of an "elite" line anyway. I do not believe there is much (if any) difference in the agents that are answering the lines, regardless of status.

I am starting to believe higher status only equals moving to the front of the queue and a notation on the call screen to answer "premiere line"....or maybe even "1k line", though that is hit/miss.

Perhaps really new agents don't get elite calls, but I truly believe the days of dedicated 1k "qualified" representatives have passed.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
Whenver I call it recognizes my phone number and then knows that I'm elite.
PMUA recognized my phone number automatically. Then, for about a week after 3/3, it didn't. Then for about a week or two after that, iit did recognize me by phone number about half the time. Haven't had that happen again since about the end of march. Wonder why some can get it and others can't.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
PMUA recognized my phone number automatically. Then, for about a week after 3/3, it didn't. Then for about a week or two after that, iit did recognize me by phone number about half the time. Haven't had that happen again since about the end of march. Wonder why some can get it and others can't.
SHARES!

Or something like "bad data" imported during the switchover. Since 3/3, I wasn't receiving _any_ spam-mail from UA. I'd read about the flotsam and jetsam that kept washing up into other FT member inboxes but nothing showed in mine.

A few weeks ago, I went into my MP account settings since I hadn't spent any time in there since not only before 3/3 but well before in pmUA days. I didn't change anything but did a save. Within a day, I started to get the crap-mail that UA passes for info.

What's even more funny is crap-mail to _both_ of my OP/MP accounts is now flowing into my inbox. However, some times I see the same e-mail from a few minutes apart to several hours. Other times, one account will get crap and the other not. What's even worse is that I haven't touched the orphan account (an OP) since before 3/3.

So, honestly, some of it may be SHARES, some of it data that was imported into SHARES that is stuff it doesn't know how to digest or prefers to ignore, and all of this may be really random.

One would hope that there is some causality in the SHARES universe but evidence where PNR splits and non-equipment changes force random seat assignments among other things shows that neither HP nor COdbaUA has a handle on addressing the fundamental problems within this PSS. Or, perhaps, still doesn't care.

David

p.s. and yes, for those who may know what is "SHARES" and what is "not SHARES" - I don't care - the front facing software that I and other customers interface with still doesn't work even as well as the former .bomb.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.