Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Just got Mrs_dergon checked in for tomorrow's flight. My EAU came in already for my $$ purchase. Mrs_dergon on miles and not on upgrade list with three seats still open in F at T- 23:45. No one on U/G waitlist either yet.

Can I make her my companion while she is on reward? If no, then it looks like I'm giving up 1B tomorrow to my lovely wife.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Can I make her my companion while she is on reward? If no, then it looks like I'm giving up 1B tomorrow to my lovely wife.
Prepare her fr 1B ... There are no upgrades on award tickets ... yet ... perhaps ever.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:21 pm

Well, today I was a good husband and gave Mrs_dergon 2F for the flight back to CLE-FLL and all I have to say is ........ugh! Y is awful.

I was even in 21D, exit row aisle, but due to the ooziness of the borderline CRES in the 21E middle all benefit was sucked away like so many chilidogs into his hillbilly gullet. Old school IFE, my first experience with paying for food (not even anything warm..just pringles and beef jerky...ugh...I'll pass).

Thank god for a couple drink coupons.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mre5765
bait and switch IOW.
CO Insider said it began on Jan 2011. did he make any further announcements? I have just obtained the one pass plus card before of the award upgrade.

damn.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Originally Posted by bdraco
Not sure if this is new, but the pda site has X and XN in the upgrade priority list order now:

J, FN, FE, F, C, D, ZN, ZE, Z, R, O, I, Y, YN, B, M, H, KN, K, Q, U, V, G, W, E, S, T, N, L, XN and X
Pretty soon we are going to have to start using Greek Letters.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Pretty soon we are going to have to start using Greek Letters.
LOL!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
That's in the fine print now of CO Chase CC offers. Of course the link they send you to is the generic elite upgrade page and it still explicitly excludes reward flights. Considering competition it wouldn't surprise me too much if CO is going to offer this. But are they?? Anyone have any insight?

Read it in the fine print here: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?&offer=OPP25#. It is also showing on the PPlus card: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...px?offer=PPC01.
I checked both links (shown above) today and there is no mention of the Chase Card "Elite Upgrades on Reward Tickets" benefit. Has the benefit recently been withdrawn?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by DaveWM_SFBay
I checked both links (shown above) today and there is no mention of the Chase Card "Elite Upgrades on Reward Tickets" benefit. Has the benefit recently been withdrawn?
It has yet to be put into effect -- maybe this summer!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:07 pm

Has this benefit quietly been removed? No one at CO seems to know anything about it. And the benefit description that used to be on the Chase Card links seems to have been removed.
From a previous post by SBM12:
>>Read it in the fine print here:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?&offer=OPP25#
It is also showing on the PPlus card:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?offer=PPC95SC

Last edited by DaveWM_SFBay; Mar 29, 2011 at 2:24 pm
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum, KLM Gold, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
It went effective April 1st

Just spoke with a CO rep who confirmed it did go into effect. In my case, my wife and I are travelling on reward tickets but only the card holder is eligible for the upgrade (unless the companion paid for their ticket). I might have to be a good husband and give up the EWR-PTY seat if its available.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie.walker
Just spoke with a CO rep who confirmed it did go into effect. In my case, my wife and I are travelling on reward tickets but only the card holder is eligible for the upgrade (unless the companion paid for their ticket). I might have to be a good husband and give up the EWR-PTY seat if its available.
I just got my EUA notice for Honduras to IAH for tomorrow! Completely unexpected! Helloooo 3F. I am on a reward ticket, just to be clear
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert
I just got my EUA notice for Honduras to IAH for tomorrow! Completely unexpected! Helloooo 3F. I am on a reward ticket, just to be clear
That is a very fun development
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: ::US,UA,CO+ currently non-rev Plat
Thumbs up

got my UG notification 5 days before my IAH-SAL flight last Wednesday.
It was a reward ticket though I didn't book it on my Chase Pres Plus.
It was a pleasant surprise.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Bump In Elite Status

Originally Posted by sbm12
That is not at all how I read CO Insider's post. I'm reading it as the fare bucket "X" which is the coach reward will be added to the eligible fares for EUA assuming the passenger has a flag in their account for Chase card primary cardholder. It will be at the end of the line, after L but otherwise within the elite hierarchy.

Simply holding a PPlus or OP+ card alone won't get you anything with respect to upgrades.

sbm12...Thank you for clearing that all up. What about Pres Plus cardholders getting a bump up in Elite status? Is there any truth to that?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by DCP913
sbm12...Thank you for clearing that all up. What about Pres Plus cardholders getting a bump up in Elite status? Is there any truth to that?
The only way that will happen is if you apply enough FlexEQM to your account to bump yurself up a level. Spend $125k and you'll earn the 25k FlexEQM needed to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.