Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by DCA writer
Because I'm a little slow, it took me several months to check out the third-party discounts and deals Regus provides with this membership. And some of them are pretty good:
  • A tiny discount at Apple's store--for instance, an iPad is $489 instead of $499
  • Lenovo employee-discount pricing
  • 20% discount on Priority Pass
  • Show your card to get one day pass to a US lounge
  • 12% T-Mobile discount on "qualified rate plans"

(Note that you have to log into your account to inspect each offer.)
Never noticed this... Thanks!
I got the free Virgin silver membership temporarily in June and signed up for regus along with status matching to UA silver, sounds like I will be getting a lot more for this.
There is also free LaQuinta Gold status with 2000 points, along with a best western program with free status.
Sounds like a good way to status match to almost everything.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Never mind the T-Mobile discount, at least not for existing accounts. When I put in for it, I got this reply from T-Mo:

...your T-Mobile business account should be under the
same name and tax id number of Regus Management Group LLC for you to
take advantage of the discount program.

In addition, the discount is only offered to their employees and members
are not eligible for the discount program. We apologize for the
inconvenience if we are unable to process your request.
GabrielAtRegus, does that sound right?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
I just recieved 'Preferred'
I may walk into a few of the Manhattan locations to see how they look.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Mine came within the last week. Flyer with an enclosed membership card. Earlier message on this thread say "one year unlimited", my offer is now for 15 visits, not unlimited.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by milepig
Mine came within the last week. Flyer with an enclosed membership card. Earlier message on this thread say "one year unlimited", my offer is now for 15 visits, not unlimited.
Even then, I suspect that for most people, 15 visits is 12 visits too many. I originally thought "Hey, cool, free office space when I'm on the road!"

Then reality struck me - if I'm on the road, I'd much rather work in my hotel room (which I'm paying for anyway.) If I'm not in a hotel, I'm likely at a clients.

The ONE time I used my membership, they ended up placing me at a kitchen table in a common use area. I felt definitely out of place.

Since then, I have also received "complimentary preferred status" with Regus as a result of two or three different programs - including the fact I have TripitPro. I seriously doubt anyone pays $450 a year for Regus straight-up.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Reviving thread because I just got another of these offers. Being now retired I don't have need for office space, but there are a number of these lounges in places to which we frequently travel. Would we be out of place if we stopped in to just use the wifi and grab a cup of joe dressed very casually?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
Reviving thread because I just got another of these offers. Being now retired I don't have need for office space, but there are a number of these lounges in places to which we frequently travel. Would we be out of place if we stopped in to just use the wifi and grab a cup of joe dressed very casually?
For the hassle of checkin and everything else? Spend $2 at Starbucks. The coffee is better anyway.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Boogie711
For the hassle of checkin and everything else? Spend $2 at Starbucks. The coffee is better anyway.
Check-in really isn't a hassle - in fact, it's a lot like checking in at a UA Club - they swipe your card and point you toward the 'business lounge'. Most Regus locations have a kitchen with a single-serve coffee machine (in every case I've seen, a Flavia machine).

I ended up activating this benefit as the company I now work for has us using a Regus office as a virtual workspace a couple of days every month, and it does come in handy when I travel (since I no longer have access to my former employer's satellite offices).

FWIW, I've worn, at various points, a suit and jeans/casual shirt at Regus offices and never got a second glance - I think as long as you're actually dressed, they don't care that much about what you're wearing.

So for me it's worthwhile, but if you only want a cup of coffee and wifi on a one-off basis, I agree that *$ is probably a better option. Regus does have two things going for it over *$, tho (and the coffee's not one of them): an extremely friendly staff (at least, at the locations I've visited) and clean restrooms.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:42 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Michilander
Reviving thread because I just got another of these offers.
Take note, this latest offer has CHANGED. It's no longer the Gold level offer - it's Businessworld Preferred. There's a limit of 15 visits/year rather than unlimited.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Take note, this latest offer has CHANGED. It's no longer the Gold level offer - it's Businessworld Preferred. There's a limit of 15 visits/year rather than unlimited.
Yup. I got the renewal offer yesterday or Thursday and noticed that difference too. Any other differences between Preferred and Gold? The 15-visit limit doesn't bother me, as I made maybe five visits last year.

(One underrated virtue of the Regus lounges: Since all the ones I've visited have been slightly overheated, windowless spaces with comfy chairs, they've been really good for sneaking in mid-afternoon naps.)
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
I've been a "member" for 1 year now (thanks to Virgin Atlantic), and have stopped by two offices to use the facilities briefly:

Redwood Shores, California - Nice, but very small (4 desks and a couch?) open office near the coffee machine where one can sit in a small pod and use their own computer. As a member, you can also reserve one of a very small number of private offices for a minimum of something like $30/hour (each office is different). Also, confirming that there is good coffee from the single brew machines.

Hammersmith, London - This is set up more as an office facility with normal sized rooms. If you are there visiting, you share a small room with up to 5-6 others - each at their own table. Not that great - but I didn't view the private offices - maybe they are nicer. Couldn't find the coffee machine, nor was there signage about how to get on to the Wifi. Luckily someone else showed up to use the shared facility and knew the ropes. This office could be useful though if you needed a place to work for an hour or two before or after a meeting. I plan to visit another one in a more posh area next week.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: UA Silver
Finding myself having a hard time getting papers done for a specific class I have this term at home. In the past I have tried the library and Starbucks but they are both overrun by children at all times. I just remembered today I got the offer for this and searched my email for it and it still let me activate it.

I need a boring place without distractions that is basically the internet and a chair to get through this class. Would this place fit the bill?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Finding myself having a hard time getting papers done for a specific class I have this term at home. In the past I have tried the library and Starbucks but they are both overrun by children at all times. I just remembered today I got the offer for this and searched my email for it and it still let me activate it.

I need a boring place without distractions that is basically the internet and a chair to get through this class. Would this place fit the bill?
You'll have to check out your nearest one to see the set up. I've been to two of the buildings in Chicago. One of them is set up with a few cubicles off the main lounge area that are "day use". They are nice if you just need a few hours of relatively quiet time (they are cubicles so are not private). Coffee, internet, and a reasonable desk. But, I get the sense things vary from building to building. Can't hurt to check it out. For me it definitely signals "work time" for my brain much more so than a coffee shop.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by horse glasses

I visited one of the Henderson locations a couple of weeks ago - across the street from GVR - when I needed to churn out a quick grant proposal. Fast WiFi, pleasant staff, clean rest rooms. The only possible distractors I noticed were a couple of wall-mounted TVs tuned to a news channel with the sound muted and captions on. Get one of the "pods" and you can generally ignore everything else.

Last edited by kale73; Sep 12, 2014 at 6:35 am
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by kale73
I visited one of the Henderson locations a couple of weeks ago - across the street from GVR - when I needed to churn out a quick grant proposal. Fast WiFi, pleasant staff, clean rest rooms. The only possible distractors I noticed were a couple of wall-mounted TVs tuned to a news channel with the sound muted and captions on. Get one of the "pods" and you can generally ignore everything else.
I guess you haven't been to the Arroyo Crossing one? That one is much closer to my house. I'm assuming it's near the Walmart. Seems like a strange location for it, but if is no good, I could go out to GVR. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.